Is the ressource gathering rate a joke?

Prionace_Glauca

Sure, it may seem as if you'd be getting alot more ressources per node now. Until you look at how many you need to craft a single assembly comnponent. Although the old nodes have been nerfed too, so you only get 4-6 per mat every time, that's still enough to build roughly 2,5 assembly components for each draw. Now you can be glad if a pickup pays for even a single one. Have you even thought about that when you set the crafting costs for war supplies? :D It doesn't matter how much larger the number is you're picking up if the amount of mats needed grew at an even higher rate.

Additionally there's a huge imbalance between the two components, at least in archeology, don't know about the other skills yet, I have 60% more artifacts than I have crystals in a sample size of a few thousand mats, would be nice if you'd get approxiamtly the same, as there's not much you can do with all that surplus, but sell on the GTN, wich doesn't really help with reaching your gathering goals ;) .

Sure, it may seem as if you'd be getting alot more ressources per node now. Until you look at how many you need to craft a single assembly comnponent. Although the old nodes have been nerfed too, so you only get 4-6 per mat every time, that's still enough to build roughly 2,5 assembly components for each draw. Now you can be glad if a pickup pays for even a single one. Have you even thought about that when you set the crafting costs for war supplies? :D It doesn't matter how much larger the number is you're picking up if the amount of mats needed grew at an even higher rate.

Additionally there's a huge imbalance between the two components, at least in archeology, don't know about the other skills yet, I have 60% more artifacts than I have crystals in a sample size of a few thousand mats, would be nice if you'd get approxiamtly the same, as there's not much you can do with all that surplus, but sell on the GTN, wich doesn't really help with reaching your gathering goals ;) .

I can confirm that Artifact Fragments are a lot more abundant then the Crystals in archeology mats. I have 14k Framgnets for grade 11, and only 10k Crystals.

I can confirm that Artifact Fragments are a lot more abundant then the Crystals in archeology mats. I have 14k Framgnets for grade 11, and only 10k Crystals.

Not sure about harvesting, but at least one of the missions that returns green crystals is bugged (it never gives the extra / random variable amount - so you only get the fixed base amount).

and I think this is consistent between missions and manual harvesting. When I was just doing missions I had an imbalance. For gathering you are absolutely correct and that imbalance is very consistent.

To the point of how many matts is required to craft, that is supposedly being reduced in the update this week. They are also supposedly adjusting drops of matts so there is a more appropriate balance between the different tiers of matts. I do not know if this will correct the imbalance of crystals and fragments since that is not differing tiers.