Sniper godmode buff is being reverted.

Hei_Atzfel

Gang,

One of the changes that has generated the most vocal feedback is the change to the Sniper and 'Slingers defensive cooldown, Evasion/Dodge. We firmly believe that these Classes are lacking in a distinct emergency survive button, something that each other Advanced Class has (either via escapes like a Vanish, or more brute force mans like an Undying Rage), however, the way we initially proposed adding via the Force/Tech immunity simply created no counter gameplay at all. Combine this with only a minute cooldown, and it created a situation that we don't feel is the right direction for the Class, especially combined with some duration increasing mechanics that players can achieve elsewhere.

To that end, in the next patch that hits PTS, the change to Evasion/Dodge is going to be reverted back to the live behavior. We still want to give these Classes something to fill in this gap, but at this moment it probably won't be in 2.7.

Most recent dev tracker post

Would seem that the devs are in agreement to the PTS Evasion simply having no counter.

Edited by Hei_Atzfel

YAAAY..so the forum crybabies win again. GODMODE!.lulz. Sitting in place with only a 3sec immunity ain't gonna make you OP. If the devs wanna fix Slinger/Snipes survivability problems in arenas. Give them tree specced DR same as all other classes that is not dependant on cover( and b4 the leet crying..no you wouldn't make it stack with covers DR)...simple..effective and in no way Op. Movement is survival in arenas.

YAAAY..so the forum crybabies win again. GODMODE!.lulz. Sitting in place with only a 3sec immunity ain't gonna make you OP. If the devs wanna fix Slinger/Snipes survivability problems in arenas. Give them tree specced DR same as all other classes that is not dependant on cover( and b4 the leet crying..no you wouldn't make it stack with covers DR)...simple..effective and in no way Op. Movement is survival in arenas.

Learn2play.

as every class has some rampup time a 3sec dmg imunity actually is some kind of god mode.

if bw feel they are lacking defensive cd´s change ballistic dampners to provide 6 charges and get rid of the lockout timer. or add some %tual dmg decreasement after defensive screen/shield probe has been used (lets imagine 35%by defensive screen+30%ballistic dampners+20%scrambling field that should be enough of def-CDs)

but the true problem of sniper/slingers in arenas is the fact of the map layout wich is extremly range unfriendly especial when they are as turrety as slingers/snipers. literally the moment you have LOS you are within melee range wich is a pain in the a*s for every range class. due to its mechanic the only more mobile skilltree is absolutly horrible in arenas as it prohibits any cc usage of your teammates beside stuns and snares.

possible solution with implementation of the doubleclick GTAE is to change shrap bomb/corrasive granade to a gtae with 2.7 that way skilled players would be able to aply their dots on singel targets without delivering cc immunity for every enemy.

another problem with 2.7 atleast in areans is losing of the ae-flash bang wich would need the pbae-knockback to have no cover prerequisite. and or an option to reset its reuse timer.

Edited by Tankqull

Good, I guess.

Regardless of what snipers need to be effective in arena a 60s cooldown ability that clears all dots and provides invincibility for 3/4/5s to all damage types and CC is ham-fisted design. Would have made fighting them frustrating and would have made sniper balance over reliant on evasion going forward.

Good, I guess.

Regardless of what snipers need to be effective in arena a 60s cooldown ability that clears all dots and provides invincibility for 3/4/5s to all damage types and CC is ham-fisted design. Would have made fighting them frustrating and would have made sniper balance over reliant on evasion going forward.

Because shadows/sins don't have this ability right? and teleportation to get outta trouble. Cover is the ham-fisted design. I like my turrent; been playing it for years, I'm well aware of its lackluster abilities in arenas and usually don't play them.That fact alone that I couldn't contribute in those matches was what caused me to unsubb from this game. BW would do better to take ranked back to 8v8 wz; but another thread..and I still want that damage reduction.

its not the dropping of the buff hes referring to its the flashbang nerf so yeah first the OS nerf then the flashbang nerf, thanks BW you made an already unviable class in arenas even worse

How much did orbital strike matter for arenas unless you plan on going up against players that stand in it's damage?

Entrench and defense screen buffs?

only good for DF-Leth, high in the DF tree

i some situations the entrench changes can be a buff, but i can't see it been so good for pvp (maybe melee classes can see it like a buff)

Regardless of why it was reverted, the proposed buff was a bad change. There are plenty of ways to give snipers the desired escape button that do not involve complete immunity to damage and CC's.

Most recent dev tracker post

Would seem that the devs are in agreement to the PTS Evasion simply having no counter.

I think evasion's broken? wrong? whatever on live. the dodge part is great. but why do snipers/gs have a cleanse? get that crap off the abil. the accuracy debuff is fine. the only comparable abil on a dps is shroud, and they need that in order to stealth and it's a tanking cd. w/e. I'm sure I'll be slaughtered for pointing this out. but it seems like an obvious "sore thumb" to me -- de facto cleanse on a "pure dps" ac?

/sigh

Edited by foxmob

I think evasion's broken? wrong? whatever on live. the dodge part is great. but why do snipers/gs have a cleanse? get that crap off the abil. the accuracy debuff is fine. the only comparable abil on a dps is shroud, and they need that in order to stealth and it's a tanking cd. w/e. I'm sure I'll be slaughtered for pointing this out. but it seems like an obvious "sore thumb" to me -- de facto cleanse on a "pure dps" ac?

/sigh

yep they should remove cleansers from every class...and all the stealth detection tools

Buff this Nerf that..it's all the same the minute slings/snipes have any change that would be beneficial the forums are then filled with raging melee/stealth classes. At this point I cant find myself agreeing with anyone so it's time to say adios to swotor for awhile. I played Knuckleduster on POT5/ Formerly Gerault on Harbinger. Titanfall dropped and its worlds above anything COD or battlefield has ever done. I imagine that more than a few of us "Range" players here will come on over to it . See ya there. BW as usual...let the melee win; they have lazer clubs; that means they are supposed to have all the advantages right?