Old player returning, I have questions :)

Markvd

Hi all, after a very long break I intend to get back into the game starting this evening! :)

I currently have a level 51 Sith Marauder and a level 28 Jedi Sage. I however have no idea how there stories evolved so I guess it's best to start a new character. I do have a few concerns though and would like to have your opinion(s).

- Does SWTOR still have a active player base in game? I mean it doesn't have to be over the top full but it is nice to see others on all levels/planets :)

- Is SWTOR beginner friendly? In other words is it 99% experienced/die-hard players looking down on newbies or are new players still joining every now and then?

- Not sure about this one so for the check. As a subscribed player do you automatically get access to all DLC?

Well that's it for now!

Thank you in advance!

- Does SWTOR still have a active player base in game? I mean it doesn't have to be over the top full but it is nice to see others on all levels/planets :)

Yes, I know for sure that Star Forge and Darth Malgus still have a healthy population. I don't play on the other servers.

Is SWTOR beginner friendly? In other words is it 99% experienced/die-hard players looking down on newbies or are new players still joining every now and then?

Yes, it is very beginner friendly. Easy to learn, and easy to gear up if you end up wanting to do the harder content.

As a subscribed player do you automatically get access to all DLC?

Yes, you'll have access to the entire storyline as a sub.

Hi all, after a very long break I intend to get back into the game starting this evening! :)

I currently have a level 51 Sith Marauder and a level 28 Jedi Sage. I however have no idea how there stories evolved so I guess it's best to start a new character. I do have a few concerns though and would like to have your opinion(s).

- Is SWTOR beginner friendly? In other words is it 99% experienced/die-hard players looking down on newbies or are new players still joining every now and then?

- Not sure about this one so for the check. As a subscribed player do you automatically get access to all DLC?

Well that's it for now!

Thank you in advance!

I'm not sure if you're playing in Europe or US., but both US servers are nicely filled for most game activities.

There are a lot of solo mode content that lets you progress at your own pace, regular flashpoints for groups that is fairly laid back most of the time, and raids for 8 or 16 players that is pretty easy to pick up once you know your characters.

One thing that really helps is getting into an active guild (one that has at least 6 people or more on when you play.) Your guild is a great tool for learning the mechanics to any content that you haven't run before. They can teach you how to heal, tank and dps pretty well.

One tip, if you want to avoid drama, is to pretty much ignore anything you see on general chat. There are a lot of people that get bored and spend their time trolling on general chat and certain planetary chat. They purposely say things to upset new players. Other than that, most groups you run with are very nice and patient. If you have any questions, feel free to ask (here on the forums or ingame). There are always nice players who will help you out.

Welcome to the game! If you're playing on U.S., and you need a guild on Satele Shan, let me know!

Thank you for your replies guys, much appreciated! I started a new character yesterday but will play that one with a friend. So I continued some space missions with my Sith character. I will definitely look for a fun and casual guild to join.

I am on the European Darth Malgus server but thanks @sharkfishman.

Well that's it for now!

Thank you in advance!

- I am an older player, returning from release (exactly 1 month back). The player base seems much better than when i left which was the initial crash of the game (right before free to play. The beginning zones have hundreds of people and several instances. As you progress it gets a little less but there's people in every zone i've been to and more than just a couple. Some of the expansions are less populated but still people running around.

- So, i am in my 40's and will be honest, it took me a couple weeks to really get used to everything. I am still learning stuff but the game is pretty overwhelming at the start. Not gonna lie, keybinds , shortcuts, navigation, etc.. will take time. fleet chat is interesting to say the least, but when i've asked serious questions i've always gotten a response in pm with help. I recommend finding a guild that has a significant amount of people online and beginner friendly or a smaller guild with helpful people, either way a guild.

- i cam back and subbed just to see if i liked it, i got a boost token to 70, and all the content.

I also just recently returned after what summed up to be a 2 xpac layoff.

How do I gear now? Is it token/vendor based? I PvP 99% of my time on, and I would prefer that method but I have no idea how gearing works now. Any insight would be fantastic, thanks!

I also just recently returned after what summed up to be a 2 xpac layoff.

How do I gear now? Is it token/vendor based? I PvP 99% of my time on, and I would prefer that method but I have no idea how gearing works now. Any insight would be fantastic, thanks!

It's a mix of gear drops and token/vendor based. Basically, drops now attune to your current item rating. So, once you get to endgame level, your goal is to play content to get these drops, and slowly upgrade all of your armor to ilevel 306.

There are many ways to do this, and the most important thing is to replace your lowest pieces first. Some gear drops from PVP reward boxes, but not too much and not the highest level. You can get better gear from running veteran and master mode flashpoints. There is also a vendor at the fleet that sells this random gear to help you upgrade.

The best gear available contains many new set bonuses. This has a small chance to drop from reward boxes, master mode flashpoints and large group operations. You can also buy most sets directly at the fleet. To buy these items, you need a currency called tech fragments, which you get from running content, and also from breaking down unwanted gear. Once you have enough tech fragments, you will also need to spend 1 million credits per piece (yes, it's pricey).

This is why many people decide to run Master Mode hammer station over and over. They hope to get drops instead of buying gear with tech fragments and credits. The best thing you can honestly do is just play the things you like and work towards your favorite set bonus.

Welcome back! If you need help running stuff, and you're playing on Satele Shan, let me know.