Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth

How people can pvp a bit more than casually and don't premade? (since it seems like the definition of premade in this thread is any kind of group composed by 2+ individuals) if you enjoy rolling the dice and play with bads, sorry but that's your choice. Isn't so hard to add good players to friend list and see if you can do some match together. This is NOT a single player game, this is an MMO (why i have to repeat this every single time?) and should behave as such.

If you want to stay alone (why whyy) there's a queue solo (ranked) button for that.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How people can pvp a bit more than casually and don't premade? (since it seems like the definition of premade in this thread is any kind of group composed by 2+ individuals) if you enjoy rolling the dice and play with bads, sorry but that's your choice. Isn't so hard to add good players to friend list and see if you can do some match together. This is NOT a single player game, this is an MMO (why i have to repeat this every single time?) and should behave as such.

If you want to stay alone (why whyy) there's a queue solo (ranked) button for that.

No one is saying your are not allowed to group.

If your in a group you go face grouped ppl in pvp. Have fun!!

Why do you premade ppl urge to face solo players with bad gear and no healers?

You realize not every premade is good right? Also, when I do normals it's usually on a toon that wouldn't do good in ranked so it's not really giving an advantage. Using premades as a reason you lose just seems like a scapegoat.

Most premades arent good at all, but its the very premade team that brings up the bad team member to a good level. The premade team is the very reason of succsess, since the premade team brings uberstrong healers, alot of comms to buy gear for, voice comm, and alot of other unbalacing stuff. Its NOT the skills of the player that Counts at all. True that.

Edited by UncelSam

Most premades rent good at all, but its the very premade team that brings up the bad team member to a good level. The premade team is the very reason of succsess, since the premade team brings uberstrong healers, alot of comms to buy gear for, voice comm, and alot of other unbalacing stuff. Its NOT the skills of the player that Counts at all. True that.

That makes absolutely no sense at all.

I think the core issue that should be adressed is that :

Premade is a group, normally in PVE a group is better suited to tackle hard quests.

However you may pull it of soloing the pve-encounter, but you know its due to skill.

Do the pve encounter with a friend or several and you blow through the content (I'm talking about the Group content, not ops(aka raid))

This is the core issue. We who solo que want to face contenders on our same level, or atleast not a group that have set up the match to be in they're favor just by composition.

Also premades as ppl point aint always good, this is the case indeed.

again -> the core we have against it isnt "directly" the premades as much as the TEAMS.

Teams = people who que as a group on regular basis 4-8hrs pr day with dedicated roles (tank/heals/hybrids if need be)

Casual groups I doubt anyone have an issue with. Sadly the casual groups will be if we soloquers get our goals -> shafted and face the teams. (thats another disscussion)

Alot of the defenders of the "premades" who cant understand its team, I'm guessing they're not on our servers where this is a "critical" issue. (like my rp-server).

Some months ago Ebon Hawk had a migration of players over to PO5 (some wandered to Bastion).

They did this to get some real 8 man ranked wz's.

What happend? there was still a few "teams" left on Ebon hawk, but they wasnt as dominant as in you'd face'em constant + they where good about switching to either sides alts to shake things up abit.

* lots of new blood joined the ranks of pvp since they werent getting roflstomped.

(Keep in mind the pvp population at lvl 55 is most likely 100-200 at peak's in all honesty when I do who and see how many active wz's there is + 4man arean I get a number on average at 60-70'sh)

The migrated ppl then got shafted with removal of 8man ranked and got 4man + some of them didnt enjoy the po5 enviroment (bit toxic) + they didnt all get the results they wanted (but hey a few of the teams got some attention for they're skill doing ranked (GG)

-> return of migrated ppl and boom the random casuals stopped pvp'ing again.

So now each time you que there will be a premade on other side and due to the sad size of population + they're

que-dodgeing to not fight other premades, soloqueing is a pain in the ***.

There is a few solutions to this issue :

1. give xserver (fork out the money and make it happend, program it while hero-engine dont support it, there is always a way if you want it. (character copy to a "pvp-realm" that is virtually instant, then cc back to origin server)

2. make soloquer fight only soloquers and groups fight groups.

3. let things be as they are and loose all the ppl who's actually vocal about the issue on the forums (given that this is the biggest thread on the forums and normally only a marginal % of a player population will go to a forum and qq/ask for change) you do the maths.

New games on horizon 4.4.14 (ESO) Where this wont be an issue.

I will def not play this game after new year if the current state of pvp of my server is like this.

And no I wont re-roll on pvp server (I have toons on po5 and the ppl there is toxic so I know how it is, and I can play'em toons, but there is other stuff po5 dont offer that eh do.)

No you cant have my stuff nor my monies.

The end of rant.

I think the core issue that should be adressed is that :

Premade is a group, normally in PVE a group is better suited to tackle hard quests.

However you may pull it of soloing the pve-encounter, but you know its due to skill.

Do the pve encounter with a friend or several and you blow through the content (I'm talking about the Group content, not ops(aka raid))

This is the core issue. We who solo que want to face contenders on our same level, or atleast not a group that have set up the match to be in they're favor just by composition.

Also premades as ppl point aint always good, this is the case indeed.

again -> the core we have against it isnt "directly" the premades as much as the TEAMS.

Teams = people who que as a group on regular basis 4-8hrs pr day with dedicated roles (tank/heals/hybrids if need be)

Casual groups I doubt anyone have an issue with. Sadly the casual groups will be if we soloquers get our goals -> shafted and face the teams. (thats another disscussion)

Alot of the defenders of the "premades" who cant understand its team, I'm guessing they're not on our servers where this is a "critical" issue. (like my rp-server).

Some months ago Ebon Hawk had a migration of players over to PO5 (some wandered to Bastion).

They did this to get some real 8 man ranked wz's.

What happend? there was still a few "teams" left on Ebon hawk, but they wasnt as dominant as in you'd face'em constant + they where good about switching to either sides alts to shake things up abit.

* lots of new blood joined the ranks of pvp since they werent getting roflstomped.

(Keep in mind the pvp population at lvl 55 is most likely 100-200 at peak's in all honesty when I do who and see how many active wz's there is + 4man arean I get a number on average at 60-70'sh)

The migrated ppl then got shafted with removal of 8man ranked and got 4man + some of them didnt enjoy the po5 enviroment (bit toxic) + they didnt all get the results they wanted (but hey a few of the teams got some attention for they're skill doing ranked (GG)

-> return of migrated ppl and boom the random casuals stopped pvp'ing again.

So now each time you que there will be a premade on other side and due to the sad size of population + they're

que-dodgeing to not fight other premades, soloqueing is a pain in the ***.

There is a few solutions to this issue :

1. give xserver (fork out the money and make it happend, program it while hero-engine dont support it, there is always a way if you want it. (character copy to a "pvp-realm" that is virtually instant, then cc back to origin server)

2. make soloquer fight only soloquers and groups fight groups.

3. let things be as they are and loose all the ppl who's actually vocal about the issue on the forums (given that this is the biggest thread on the forums and normally only a marginal % of a player population will go to a forum and qq/ask for change) you do the maths.

New games on horizon 4.4.14 (ESO) Where this wont be an issue.

I will def not play this game after new year if the current state of pvp of my server is like this.

And no I wont re-roll on pvp server (I have toons on po5 and the ppl there is toxic so I know how it is, and I can play'em toons, but there is other stuff po5 dont offer that eh do.)

No you cant have my stuff nor my monies.

The end of rant.

5 stars for this post.

It has identification of the problem, identification of the troublemakers, and a constructive solution.

Brilliant job!

With the current situ this game won survive the competion of ESO. If I could chose we should have a pvp balance to face the competion of ESO so we can keep enjoying BOTH games (ESO and SWTOR) in the future.

Most premades arent good at all, but its the very premade team that brings up the bad team member to a good level. The premade team is the very reason of succsess, since the premade team brings uberstrong healers, alot of comms to buy gear for, voice comm, and alot of other unbalacing stuff. Its NOT the skills of the player that Counts at all. True that.

Ah there is the secret ! For a premade and you magically gain a full set of gear, lots of comms and mad skills. I encourage all badds to group with other badds and benefit from this wonderful discovery.

Ah there is the secret ! For a premade and you magically gain a full set of gear, lots of comms and mad skills. I encourage all badds to group with other badds and benefit from this wonderful discovery.

Yet an other lil kid who cant read and understand....sigh

Premades has HEALERS that most PUG teams hasnt. If you have HEALERS youll prolly WIN if the opponent lacks HEALERS. IF you WIN you get REWARDS as good GEAR. If you WIN multiple times your GEAR will be very GOOD. If you have a whole TEAM that does this theyll all be very GOOD. If this team forms a PREMADE team theyll be kicking *** vs PUGs who cant compete at all vs the PREMADE team.

Understand now? Good. move on,.

Yet an other lil kid who cant read and understand....sigh

Premades has HEALERS that most PUG teams hasnt. If you have HEALERS youll prolly WIN if the opponent lacks HEALERS. IF you WIN you get REWARDS as good GEAR. If you WIN multiple times your GEAR will be very GOOD. If you have a whole TEAM that does this theyll all be very GOOD. If this team forms a PREMADE team theyll be kicking *** vs PUGs who cant compete at all vs the PREMADE team.

Understand now? Good. move on,.

SO roll a healer and suddenly your pug team becomes an unstoppable pvp-machine because they have an awesome healer - yourself.

Or will you now make a totally comical argument that healers are premade exclusive? Stop being bad both at pvp (obviously you keep getting rolled over) and at this discussion.

You wished to have a solo only queue and BW gave you one.

This is lie

If you queue as solo there is no guarantees that your enemies will be only solo too - they can be solo and group too

It happens in notranked also as in ranked queues.

Most of time I see at least 5-6 players from Dog'Z guild at the same WZ - random from solo-Q? :D

Some days ago I've met with 3 players from Pycb guild (shadow tank, sage healer and sent-dps) at ranked arena - random from solo-Q? :D

That's why I've made this suggestion:

What BW need to do and it will be very-very simple:

1. Add check-button in the WZ queue window. "Play vs soloers only" - this button will works only if player queued as solo. If checked, solo player will never met with (ally or enemy) players, queued as group

or

2. Just separate group players and solo-players. If you queued as solo, so your allies and enemies will be solo too. If you queued as group, so your allies and enemies will be from group queue too

I don't care about raised queue time for group players: if you wanna WZ happens more often, so queue as solo, period. If you wanna solid allies and enemies, so queue as group and wait, until it happens

And from your posts I see what I was completely right in this.

This is lie

If you queue as solo there is no guarantees that your enemies will be only solo too - they can be solo and group too

It happens in notranked also as in ranked queues.

Most of time I see at least 5-6 players from Dog'Z guild at the same WZ - random from solo-Q? :D

Some days ago I've met with 3 players from Pycb guild (shadow tank, sage healer and sent-dps) at ranked arena - random from solo-Q? :D

That's why I've made this suggestion:

And from your posts I see what I was completely right in this.

Maybe on the empty server you're playing on. I have NEVER seen q-syncing in POT5 ranked. It's also random if you get put together, you know, since there are 2 teams in arena and you could be put on either one...

5 stars for this post.

It has identification of the problem, identification of the troublemakers, and a constructive solution.

Brilliant job!

With the current situ this game won survive the competion of ESO. If I could chose we should have a pvp balance to face the competion of ESO so we can keep enjoying BOTH games (ESO and SWTOR) in the future.

This is proof that you read nothing anyone posts.

We've told you 100,000 times in this thread that premades aren't the problem, only good players are the problem. Yet you keep throwing solutions at ths problem that don't resolve the issue. Group v Group will still be lopsided when bad groups face good ones. Solo v Solo will still be a lopsided when bad solos face good solos.

Is this so hard to understand? And based on what I've seen and heard of ESO, I don't think it will be a major factor for any game out with the exception of the RP player base and those who would like to play Skyrim with other people.

To be honest, all these whinings about premades would quiet down if Bioware put some efforts into pvp matchmaking system to distribute number of tanks and healers evenly like solo ranked queue. 1 pub team having 3 healers while the other pub team having none is what makes reg pvp so painful. Pubs against Imps imbalance? understandable. Pubs don't roll many healers anyway. But having unequal number of tanks or healers when it is pubs vs pubs? Unacceptable.

To be honest, all these whinings about premades would quiet down if Bioware put some efforts into pvp matchmaking system to distribute number of tanks and healers evenly like solo ranked queue. 1 pub team having 3 healers while the other pub team having none is what makes reg pvp so painful. Pubs against Imps imbalance? understandable. Pubs don't roll many healers anyway. But having unequal number of tanks or healers when it is pubs vs pubs? Unacceptable.

/agreed

Maybe on the empty server you're playing on. I have NEVER seen q-syncing in POT5 ranked. It's also random if you get put together, you know, since there are 2 teams in arena and you could be put on either one...

Q syncing ranked is actually easy on the pub side. I did it for a few matches with a friend in preseason to see if it was doable. We won but it was just preseason and it wasn't that bad since he was 26k and I was in full partisan gear on that char. It is easy to do if you are on the low pop faction because there won't be many q'n. It may not work every time (it did for us though haha) but it works a lot.

I never tried it on my imps but I would assume it would be much more difficult. However, worst case, you get to fight your friend and that would be fun as well.

All I want is matchmaking (not split Q's), however to make the argument more fair and have a better discussion I think you should realize that there is no real solo option right now. Arenas are boring as hell for many of us.

Before you say I suck and that is why I feel arenas are boring I would like to add that I won most of my preseason matches and I played sniper for a week in season 1 before I became bored. I believe I was 17 and 3 on him (he was mostly partisan as well). So I did pretty well (or lucky since that is better than skill in solo q :) ). I love deathmatch in my fps games but in mmos I think they are boring. I know many others who feel the same way. Please don't use solo q arenas as a "you have a solo q option" argument. Let's just focus on the fact that splitting the q's completely would not be very easy with low pop.and that matchmaking could at least make for more even matches than the current system.

Edited by DarthRaika

Q syncing ranked is actually easy on the pub side. I did it for a few matches with a friend in preseason to see if it was doable. We won but it was just preseason and it wasn't that bad since he was 26k and I was in full partisan gear on that char. It is easy to do if you are on the low pop faction because there won't be many q'n. It may not work every time (it did for us though haha) but it works a lot.

I never tried it on my imps but I would assume it would be much more difficult. However, worst case, you get to fight your friend and that would be fun as well.

All I want is matchmaking (not split Q's), however to make the argument more fair and have a better discussion I think you should realize that there is no real solo option right now. Arenas are boring as hell for many of us.

Before you say I suck and that is why I feel arenas are boring I would like to add that I won most of my preseason matches and I played sniper for a week in season 1 before I became bored. I believe I was 17 and 3 on him (he was mostly partisan as well). So I did pretty well (or lucky since that is better than skill in solo q :) ). I love deathmatch in my fps games but in mmos I think they are boring. I know many others who feel the same way. Please don't use solo q arenas as a "you have a solo q option" argument. Let's just focus on the fact that splitting the q's completely would not be very easy with low pop.and that matchmaking could at least make for more even matches than the current system.

TBH, it's the same thing we are getting. That premades should stick to ranked, but I'm sure many of them enjoy warzones, but maybe don't have 8 people to do ranked all the time even if they brought it back. No more than half your team should be premade in the reg queue and you have just as good a chance of having one on your team as not.

I just don't understand why everyone focuses on this extreme of 8 terrible, undergeared, solo players with no healers vs. an 8 man superqueue with ideal comp, full obroan gear, coordinating through voice comms. Anytime I see a superqueue, I ridicule them the entire match, pick their worst player and continuously tunnel them to the point they spend as much time in spawn as we do, and realize that some people truly are just out to have fun at the expense of other players. I've quit guilds who superqueue and quit games, these aren't traits I hold in high regard.

If you solo queue and feel like you never have any chance to win games, then you need to get better. If you're upset because you occassionally run into matches that are extremely lopsided due to bad team comps or disproportionate skill levels, I feel your pain. But the reg warzone queue is meant as nothing more than a playground. You queue up to get randomly matched with players and PvP. If you want even matches based on comp and skill and coordination, then you will have to do ranked. And if you prefer warzones to arenas, you'll have to convince BW that ranked warzones are worth bringing back.

SajPi made a briliant point. You want healer in your WZ? Make one! Its what I did since I know there is lack of healers and tanks in every game. So I leveled healer and tank first, before my dps scoundrel. That means when there is lack of heals or tanks in wzs, I can simply relog and go heal / tank.

See what I did? Solution, not crying. Try that sometimes people.

What I advocate is that solo players Q in thier own Q

AND

Groups (with all your friends & gear & voice comm & powerhealers & tanks) go in your own Q to share your own fun.

It is clear that you are a selective reader.

The system of solo ranked and group ranked work exactly how you describe it.

Don't whine about the normal queue.

Don't whine about premades and pugs.

Whine about queue pops. You're using premades as a scapegoat and ignoring the real issue.

If you've ever played an MMOFPS, you'd note that there are brackets, yes, but there are always "general" servers that do not split up the population at all. Most people tend to play on the general servers, but nowhere on any MMOFPS forums do I see people whining about pre made teams. They whine about gun balance and p2w sure but not the skill.

Solo queue is exactly like what you want. It allows a solo player to gear up himself faster than playing 8v8, because it rewards RWZs. It allows a solo player to gear up and get skilled in an environment that you want - premadeless. If you're still going to fall back to the argument of "queue pops suck," then whine about that. Not premades. The WZ queue is not your personal solo bracket.

Edited by Zunayson

It is clear that you are a selective reader.

The system of solo ranked and group ranked work exactly how you describe it.

Don't whine about the normal queue.

Don't whine about premades and pugs.

Whine about queue pops. You're using premades as a scapegoat and ignoring the real issue.

If you've ever played an MMOFPS, you'd note that there are brackets, yes, but there are always "general" servers that do not split up the population at all. Most people tend to play on the general servers, but nowhere on any MMOFPS forums do I see people whining about pre made teams. They whine about gun balance and p2w sure but not the skill.

Solo queue is exactly like what you want. It allows a solo player to gear up himself faster than playing 8v8, because it rewards RWZs. It allows a solo player to gear up and get skilled in an environment that you want - premadeless. If you're still going to fall back to the argument of "queue pops suck," then whine about that. Not premades. The WZ queue is not your personal solo bracket.

OK there was no Point in what you wrote....move on ...next plz (who makes sense).