The good news

When S&V NiM came out, there were no more ops to give a new mode. A few updates later and there were two new ops. Now DP NiM has come out, that's happened again.

And 3.0 is coming up.

They stuck to the same system they used before DF and DP so there's going to be something coming up.

Edited by TheRandomno

Cos they can't beat Council NiM. (shows off Imperial Forward Commander title.)

Not sure what I have to understand.

What SnickerJew was referring to was the fact that there is now a very long operation content gap between the original release of DF/DP HM, then the NM versions and eventually the next operation. The Developers have drawn out the operation content releases before with nightmare mode coming after hard mode, but it now appears as though this time it will be more than a year between newly titled operations.

Nightmare progression players and guilds are leaving the game because they are bored and burnt out on running the same content. I know the community of these players on The Shadowlands has been on a downward trend over the past two months.

What SnickerJew was referring to was the fact that there is now a very long operation content gap between the original release of DF/DP HM, then the NM versions and eventually the next operation. The Developers have drawn out the operation content releases before with nightmare mode coming after hard mode, but it now appears as though this time it will be more than a year between newly titled operations.

Nightmare progression players and guilds are leaving the game because they are bored and burnt out on running the same content. I know the community of these players on The Shadowlands has been on a downward trend over the past two months.

S&V SM and HM: 2.0.

S&V NiM: 2.2.2.

DF+DP SM and HM: 2.4.

DF NiM: 2.7.

DP NiM: 2.8.

They are slightly longer gaps which spanned slightly longer time spans, but they came out as frequently as the non-ops content around those updates.

I would actually welcome that :)

Meh all I want is 55 EC, I would say 162+168 drops in SM, 174 or 180 in HM (one of them, not a mix), and 180 or 186 in NiM (same thing).

EC is such a fun op, don't why they carried the simple thing called TfB over to 55... And why at 50 it dropped top 50 gear, but now drops lowest 55 gear.

EDIT: Double post, whoops... Sorry.

Edited by TheRandomno

I would love to see "Challenge Mode" or "Classic Mode" added for 50 Ops. Keep the NiM mechanics but just balance it for level 55 and full Arkanian gear, make it drop vanity stuff and tokens. And hey, when 3.0 rolls they can rebalance it for level 60 and full Revanite gear (or whatever) and add the current 55 Ops to the roster.

The question is how many players have completed NiM DP? Probably only the top 1%

Next question is how many players have at least one character fully decked out in rating 186? Even if a group managed to clear NiM DP week one it has only been six weeks, so at most 75% (6 of 8man) of that 1% are "done" with NiM from a gearing respective. But when you consider that some bosses drop items where two of something is needed that percentage is probably lower.

Last question is how many players are in fact so bored with all content (SM, HM, or NiM) that they have left the game?

My guild has a "casual-core" element (we want to progress through all content but do it at a relatively slow pace; have not killed Brontes yet). We have two 8man groups on different nights progressing (one is farther along than the other). Within our guild we have several players that only sign on for our NiM DF/DP runs. One player has announced he is ending his sub until new content comes out and a few others have admitted to considering that option too. That being said, we have recently added a third ops group that runs HM DP. Long story short: it consists of several guild members who do not want to do NiM but want to clear HM and players of alts to fill in.

We even did an impromptu HM DF run last week.

The point is that if my guild is representative of the population as a whole (the majority of the bell curve, NOT the ultra hardcore or ultra casual), then the answer to the last question is: not many; a lot of players are still playing and enjoying themselves.