R.A.W (Ranked APAC Warzone) Championship

Scorpiooooo

Are players restricted to playing in one team only? As i could roll another toon in our 2nd team if we end up short if thats acceptable, im assuming thats a no which is fine but just wanna check, also please tell me that the stream is going to have a time delay? Otherwise someone could be watching and communicating with the team playing as to give them the advantage of whats goin on on the other team, I'm sure I'm not the first to realise this, but I'd rather see a completely even playing field rather than someone using an exploit. Edited by Marcusftfw

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are players restricted to playing in one team only? As i could roll another toon in our 2nd team if we end up short if thats acceptable, im assuming thats a no which is fine but just wanna check, also please tell me that the stream is going to have a time delay? Otherwise someone could be watching and communicating with the team playing as to give them the advantage of whats goin on on the other team, I'm sure I'm not the first to realise this, but I'd rather see a completely even playing field rather than someone using an exploit.

the second character decision would be rather choppy but as its for your own guild teams as long as its only 1 or 2 players i personally wouldnt see to much of a problem as long as you arnt exploting it and making people sit out so you can go twice... i wonder how the judges will rule on it, definatlly should not be alloud to be cross guild though. like if add coins get knocked out and ewoks get a healer down be unacceptable to let a healer go over and help. cant be used to sheer weak links or such inotherwords

and completly agree on the delay, please make sure theres at least a 2-5 minute delay on the cast

Edited by Jumpchan

the second character decision would be rather choppy but as its for your own guild teams as long as its only 1 or 2 players i personally wouldnt see to much of a problem as long as you arnt exploting it and making people sit out so you can go twice... i wonder how the judges will rule on it definatlly should not be alloud to be cross guild though. like if add coins get knocked out and ewoks get a healer down be unacceptable to let a healer go over and help

and completly agree on the delay, please make sure theres at least a 2-5 minute delay on the cast

Yeah I'm only asking about the character thing incase we have some no shows, theres no way I'd take someones spot like that, even if we were to get knocked out first round, it wouldn't be fair at all.

It's really good to see the quality of PVP returning ahead of this weekend hats of to you Icesis great work, just a sugestion for next time if this all goes well maybe make it a 1 mill entry fee or something? Just an idea obviously I'm sure everyones pretty focused on Saturday by now.

Sounds exciting, looking forward to watching it!

However, apart from the satisfaction of calling yourselves the best pvp team out there, I think we can boost the incentive just a bit for the winning team. How does 3mil from us to take the total first prize to 5m sound?

1)I need monies rather than those damn PVPers, they dont even have to repair. FFS

2)hedging on the 3mil being returned to guildbank /lol

3)Why is B-ry (Lolsmash mara) shown on the Midian pic.

Hi all! Sorry for the silence, I've been pretty maxed out last few days.

But Saturday is almost here and I'm pretty damn excited!!!

To answer a few of your questions. Only roll one of your toons if your 2nd team absolutely cannot find a player due to AFK on the day. You guys shouldn't have that problem though, the word on the street is you'll have more than enough players to draw on.

Yes I will have the stream on a delay. It'll be a minute delay or so, making it useless for people to use in game.

I'll try and make contact in game with everyone tomorrow (Friday) night. Try and have all your teams booked and ready to go. That'll make it really really smooth on the day.

I'll be using you guys who posted here or made direct contact with me as the group "leaders".

I stared coming down wi a cold today - DAMNIT! - but am willing myself to get over it, with the strong use of cold medicine, so I can cast this thing properly on Saturday!

Wool! 2 days to go!

hello,

i have a few questions:

1. have u tested to see whether the live stream plays at a consistent rate?

2. with two refs per match, will there be two streams running (one stream per team perspective)? if so;

3. could u ensure refs have access to team voice comms (vent, ts,mumble), so we can hear player chat during matches? if so;

4. could you then retest the live stream to see if your connection/s can hold the increased bandwidth load while streaming?

hello,

i have a few questions:

2. with two refs per match, will there be two streams running (one stream per team perspective)? if so;

3. could u ensure refs have access to team voice comms (vent, ts,mumble), so we can hear player chat during matches? if so;

4. could you then retest the live stream to see if your connection/s can hold the increased bandwidth load while streaming?

If they're in vent and streaming it how will I tell my team how ****** that sniper from Midian is?

hello,

i have a few questions:

could we ensure that refs DO NOT have access to vent/ts/mumble,? I'd hate to give away any strats during the first round to have them used against us in the following match - lolsauce, thought that to be kinda obvious ;)

could we ensure that refs DO NOT have access to vent/ts/mumble,? I'd hate to give away any strats during the first round to have them used against us in the following match - lolsauce, thought that to be kinda obvious ;)

I would've thought all stategies would have been sorted out prior to the start of a streamed WZ? If not, refs could simply sit in a different channel of vent/ts until the match begins (speeders have been used, gates have dropped etc.).

Furthermore, people are going to be able to 'see' what your strategy/ies are once you start playing anyways. This is consistent with most sports in the real world, as teams often review and deconstruct footage of opposing teams to learn their strategies before actually facing them.

The reason why I would push for voice communication recording is that it helps to show how your team operates as a unit, something which (in the thick of battle) is not so obvious by simply viewing silent footage. This is something of particular interest to me as a spectator watching this event, and i have a feeling i wouldn't be the only one.

:>

Edited by ambitiousapple

This is the first time I have streamed a comp like this, so I'm keeping it as simple as possible.

There will be 1 stream, mine, with two commentators, probably using Skype or some such device in order to get both our voices into the one channel.

We will be sitting beside each other in a room that I have acquired that has previously been used for livestreaming gaming events, there will be no issue with the frame rate or stream. We are in fact arriving a few hours before the event begins, to ensure this.

We wil not be tapping into mumble or vent channels, we won't be conversing with the players during their game, our chat channel will be minimised during gameplay to ensure the privacy of the competing players is kept to a degree.

This is very bare bones - but a stream of a fun, competitive tournament that could become something more regular if it works. If not it will still have been a fun day of Ranked Warzones, something you just don't get on our server with any regularity!

:D

Edited by Scorpiooooo

If they're in vent and streaming it how will I tell my team how ****** that sniper from Midian is?

I assume you would just say it anyway; throwing chat around in WZs is part of the competition.

Case examples would be when Mumaydidi called me "...that f****** gunslinger c***!" during a Core vs Offline Civil War, and when Zirkx went into the Offline vent after Core lost a RWZ to them and preceded to say that "Core was s***"

Both of these examples were recorded live on Condescends twitch channel.

I assume you would just say it anyway; throwing chat around in WZs is part of the competition.

Case examples would be when Mumaydidi called me "...that f****** gunslinger c***!" during a Core vs Offline Civil War, and when Zirkx went into the Offline vent after Core lost a RWZ to them and preceded to say that "Core was s***"

Both of these examples were recorded live on Condescends twitch channel.

Haha you know I'm just playing. I'm not afraid to trash talk. ;]

I would've thought all stategies would have been sorted out prior to the start of a streamed WZ? If not, refs could simply sit in a different channel of vent/ts until the match begins (speeders have been used, gates have dropped etc.).

Furthermore, people are going to be able to 'see' what your strategy/ies are once you start playing anyways. This is consistent with most sports in the real world, as teams often review and deconstruct footage of opposing teams to learn their strategies before actually facing them.

The reason why I would push for voice communication recording is that it helps to show how your team operates as a unit, something which (in the thick of battle) is not so obvious by simply viewing silent footage. This is something of particular interest to me as a spectator watching this event, and i have a feeling i wouldn't be the only one.

I'm with prox, i would love to see how teams in particular the winning team operates - would be helpful for improvement.

The only two I'd care to hear is those of the two teams in the finals. This will ensure no strats been stolen or w.e etc etc and the two that are in the finals will be there for a reason.

This would also prevent anyone from making up crap excuses about people watching vids to hear strats and crap.

Edited by Antiskeptic