Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tanks and 6-7k aoe crits this is ridiculous!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Tanks and 6-7k aoe crits this is ridiculous!!!

andytheape
02.15.2012 , 08:19 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Jagerinho View Post
what aoe abilities crit for that amount? what class? etc
Jedi Guardian Focus spec/Sith Juggernaut Rage spec. Sith ability is called Smash, I don't know the name of the Jedi Guardian equivalent.

I haven't seen any other classes reaching as high crits as Warriors/Jedi Knights can achieve with Smash. It seems overpowered, but it is not too bad since the Warrior has to do a lot of stuff to make it happen and the rest of his/her damage is not really up to par with other classes sustained damage.
..:: The Jedi Order ::..
< PvE Europe >
Guild Headquarters

Sevvy
02.15.2012 , 08:19 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Alexdaphnis View Post
Having heavy armour , shield , defensive abilties etc and they can crit for 6-7 k aoe is just absurd , what was in developers mind i have no clue and please stop with that moron argument that it needs 2 prerequisite many classes do this and dont get so high dmg and aoe included it ruins any kind of balance
They're not tanks if they are AOE critting for 6-7k. They're Rage spec'd, which is not a tank spec. Thanks!
Lag *** Powertech *** Helm of Graush
Sevv *** Sentinel *** Helm of Graush
<Hutts Don't Have Feet>

Evilpingu
02.15.2012 , 08:19 AM | #23
I'll never understand the QQ about Rage Juggs/Focus Guardians - it's a one-trick pony. Against good players it's as effective as a wet noodle as there's so much obvious setup to pulling it off required they just stun you and move out of the way.

OP - if you're fighting a "zomg aoe killer tank" again and you see them CHARGE at you, then for the love of jeebus, STUN them and get some distance. 99% of the time, a big ol' AoE smash is coming after that charge.

Also the amount of utility and survivability you lose by going deep Rage is just silly.

Crowingzero
02.15.2012 , 08:20 AM | #24
636 Expertise Focus spec Guardian here. I have seen 6k+ Sweep crits less than 5 times, the stars have to really align for that happen. I have never seen a 7k+.

And that was BEFORE yesterday's Surge nerf, and requires me to be Biochem. I doubt I will ever see 6k+ again in the gear currently available.

Jagerinho
02.15.2012 , 08:22 AM | #25
Lets not kid yourself its still in heavy armour , shield , still has cool defensive abilities...if you think is normal to do 7 k aoe dmg as dps tank pls show me dmg of real dps classes that do this kind of dmg , every real dps classes trade dps for lower armour no shield etc...
heavy armour =/= tank.

end thread.
Quote:
Cows go moo, Dogs go woof and MMO players go "PVP is imbalanced"

me_unknown
02.15.2012 , 08:23 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Eager View Post
Nah, that's the elusive 31/31/31 build in action.
nah, you don't have the 31/31/31 build?

i am using it on my sage and sentinel. it rocks though low damage of my 31/31/31 sage is quite annoying at times :P

LORDCROM
02.15.2012 , 08:25 AM | #27
Lets not kid yourself its still in heavy armour , shield , still has cool defensive abilities...if you think is normal to do 7 k aoe dmg as dps tank pls show me dmg of real dps classes that do this kind of dmg , every real dps classes trade dps for lower armour no shield etc...

I lol'd when i read...dps tank hahaha.
anyways there is a distinct difference in survivality and dmg output between the 3 trees.
One tank the other two damage.
If you spec into the tank tree your a TANK!
if you spec into the other two your not a TANK DPS...your DPS!

That being said i think you saw the vid on youtube and came here and made this post.

lol do you get invite to flashpoints when you spam global saying TANK DPS LFG red reaper???

Xenon-se
02.15.2012 , 08:25 AM | #28
Having heavy armour , shield , defensive abilties etc and they can crit for 6-7 k aoe is just absurd , what was in developers mind i have no clue and please stop with that moron argument that it needs 2 prerequisite many classes do this and dont get so high dmg and aoe included it ruins any kind of balance
OK. You are talking about a tank - i got that from the title... but please tell me, are you talking about Shield Tech Powertech (and Vanguard mirror), Darkness Assassin (and Shadow mirror) OR Imortal Juggernaut (and Guardian mirror).

I don't think any of em do 5k instant damage on indiviual targets with their AoE attacks.

The only AoE i can think of that Powertechs use is Flame Sweep. Shield techs do boost it, but i hardly think it reach anywhere close to 5k damage per target - even with its elemental damage that ignore armor.

Madness Assasins using Death Field does respectable damage, but not 5k per target. Darkness assassins Wither, does not.

Rage Juggernauts using Smash deal respectable damage due to shockwave. Maybe even close to 5k. Immortal Juggernauts, does not.

Obie_Wan
02.15.2012 , 08:33 AM | #29
You're really not fooling anyone but yourself here. Do you want us here to help dig your own public grave deeper for you? Whatever point you may have is rapidly disintegrating under the weight of ignorance.
Outnumbered on all sides. Inferior version of "mirrored" abilities. Republic players are the real underdogs playing the game on hard mode. Show pride in your tenacity.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=101553

Mumit
02.15.2012 , 08:37 AM | #30
They aren't using a shield. They're using a power generator.
They're trading a lot of armor to do that damage vs an actual tank (I play a vengeance Juggernaut, the difference in protection from my armor between non-tank stance, where I can do great damage, and tank stance is 20%)
Their defenses are arguably weaker than other a few other DPS classes - 30% health on a minute cool down and saber ward on a three minute cool down.

I agree though that non-taunted DPS is a bit too high across the board.