Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tanks and 6-7k aoe crits this is ridiculous!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Tanks and 6-7k aoe crits this is ridiculous!!!

Waagabond
02.15.2012 , 08:11 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Redial View Post
i have a 50 jugg in full champ minus one tionese and 3 or 4 vindicators, and a columni shield.

I am rage spec, i stack a rakata surge stim with a surge relic and i have never gotten
the 5k dmg medal. 4800 lots of times but never 5k

maybe im doing something wrong, maybe i havent found the right fresh to 50 to pray on
/shrug

just seems everyone screaming OMG! 7k crits everywhere!..... well where are mine?
I think thee crits was mainly when it was 50vs lower levels.

I have seen jugs and guardians do some sick aoe damage on my vanguard but never seen it either, then again heavy armor.

Vs my scoundrel I have been hit extremly hard but never 7k.

5k crits yes, but indeed with they have expertise buff and adrenals running.

I guess with a huge gap in expertise its possible but then its a gear difference not anything else.

That you though are able to perform this wich is equal to a stealth opener from an operative or scoundrel is rather interesting.

Still, I personally dont have a problem with it.

Khabarach
02.15.2012 , 08:11 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Alexdaphnis View Post
sry my mistake real video edited

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwLo3st0rqg
So how exactly is that a tank?

Biggrich
02.15.2012 , 08:12 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by andytheape View Post
On-topic: If tanks can crit 6-7k in pvp they obviously need a nerf.
Agree, but I'm still waiting for proof.

The video clearly says "Focus Guardian PvP", the tank tree is Defense.

andytheape
02.15.2012 , 08:13 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Biggrich View Post
Agree, but I'm still waiting for proof.
Yep same here. I don't believe it either.

Btw OP, the last video you posted is a video of a Jedi Guardian, but not in the tank spec.
..:: The Jedi Order ::..
< PvE Europe >
Guild Headquarters

Undorett
02.15.2012 , 08:14 AM | #15
A rage spec Jug is not a tank
Just like a pyro merc is not a healer
Just like a healer spec Op isnt going to insta-gib you with backstabs

Classes have more than one role depending on how they spec. Welcome to SWTOR, do you need help getting past Hutta?

Foenixz
02.15.2012 , 08:14 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Redial View Post
i have a 50 jugg in full champ minus one tionese and 3 or 4 vindicators, and a columni shield.

I am rage spec, i stack a rakata surge stim with a surge relic and i have never gotten
the 5k dmg medal. 4800 lots of times but never 5k

maybe im doing something wrong, maybe i havent found the right fresh to 50 to pray on
/shrug

just seems everyone screaming OMG! 7k crits everywhere!..... well where are mine?
Its tanks in full battlemaster and stacking fro crit mult. The problem is that the juggs has to run a ridiculous attack sequence that can be easily avoided by CCing him interrupting it knocking him back or just plain running away.
Member Synergy Online Gaming

since 2002 and we are still going strong

Redial
02.15.2012 , 08:14 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Alexdaphnis View Post
sry my mistake real video edited

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwLo3st0rqg
that looks impressive, but watch the video. She gets one of those big crits per warzone. (see one in huttball, then shes in alderan etc) And everything else she throws out hits for 800-1.5k so if you can survivie the initial smash, she is a puppy until choke/shatter comes off CD.

also she whines in the OP that she thinks the class sucks. Also it looks like she is stacking surge by picking apart her champ gear. And this is before surge nerf.

I wish i could do that!

Jagerinho
02.15.2012 , 08:15 AM | #18
what aoe abilities crit for that amount? what class? etc
Quote:
Cows go moo, Dogs go woof and MMO players go "PVP is imbalanced"

Redial
02.15.2012 , 08:17 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Foenixz View Post
Its tanks in full battlemaster and stacking fro crit mult. The problem is that the juggs has to run a ridiculous attack sequence that can be easily avoided by CCing him interrupting it knocking him back or just plain running away.
as was said before, in order to get big smash crits you have to go deep into rage, and at least 3 pts into vengeance which leaves about nothing that is tank related.

and yes, so easy to counter.

1. wait until you see a smash go off
2. knockback
3. no damage done, and cd wasted
win!

Alexdaphnis
02.15.2012 , 08:17 AM | #20
Lets not kid yourself its still in heavy armour , shield , still has cool defensive abilities...if you think is normal to do 7 k aoe dmg as dps tank pls show me dmg of real dps classes that do this kind of dmg , every real dps classes trade dps for lower armour no shield etc...