Lethality Op PVP vid 2

Ravashakk

Nice video - lot for everyone to learn from that

Would be cool if you could post some healing vids as well - if you already have just point me in that direction

I have some games recorded, but nothing close for a highlight video. Still determining what portions I'd want to showcase to make it entertaining. I don't think anyone wants to see me free casting.

Melee check

Stealth check

CC check

Range check

Burst check

Sustained damage check

Aoe check

Mobility check

I am impressed on this video, it shows huge potential for a Lethal Operative.

Well done OP! :)

I'm glad you noticed. I didn't think many would see how some clips showed off different facets of the operative's skill set.

GJ to OP on the videos!

Thank you, and to all who spent 20+ mins watching at least 1 of my vids. It was hard narrowing down what I wanted to use. Lot of good clips, but I didn't want a 50 min highlight video.

Edited by Ravashakk

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thnx. Depends on the role you're trying to fill. Some situations, conceal will edge out lethality, and lethal will edge out conceal in others. It comes down with who you queue with, and what they want you doing. Otherwise, just go with the one you have more fun with.

I'm hoping ppl forget so I can start taking less of a beating. Then my master plan is to go back to healing once everyone thinks I'm just tab dotting in the back and not worth the effort. Mwahahahaa!

Might work but if I see you on ISO your getting a marker regardless lol I cant take the chance of you being in healer spec. even if it looks like your DPSing.:)

Edited by Zbus

I tried lethality again yesterday thanks to this post. Altogether, my damage output is higher than with concealment, however have less burst potential . I can't really pick off enemy healers or node guards. While with concealment, I always seek the opportunity to ninja an enemy node, this doesn't really seem to work with lethality.

In which WZ would I chose lethality over concealment? Probably voidstar, but mezzing enemy team won't be possible, so not ideal.

For hypergates, concealment is better to try and ninja nodes. If you want to win by dps, then lethality and stick to mid.

Civil war and Novare... concealment for both. High burst means faster ninja caps even if I do less damage at the end.

Huttball. I'd prefer concealment, but I think both specs are viable here.

I tried lethality again yesterday thanks to this post. Altogether, my damage output is higher than with concealment, however have less burst potential . I can't really pick off enemy healers or node guards. While with concealment, I always seek the opportunity to ninja an enemy node, this doesn't really seem to work with lethality.

In which WZ would I chose lethality over concealment? Probably voidstar, but mezzing enemy team won't be possible, so not ideal.

For hypergates, concealment is better to try and ninja nodes. If you want to win by dps, then lethality and stick to mid.

Civil war and Novare... concealment for both. High burst means faster ninja caps even if I do less damage at the end.

Huttball. I'd prefer concealment, but I think both specs are viable here.

Hate when ppl say "concealment has higher burst potential". When concealment does 10k-13k in the span of a global I'll concede they do more burst. I'll say they have less setup to their burst since it is front loaded.

Good on ya for trying something new, but you can't expect instant results trying a spec in 1 night. Sounds like you might have a hard time breaking concealment habits while playing leth.

Edited by Ravashakk

Good on ya for trying something new, but you can't expect instant results trying a spec in 1 night. Sounds like you might have a hard time breaking concealment habits while playing leth.

This.

I played Concealment for the first month the game was out, then tried Lethality just to see how it plays. After the first couple days, I was convinced it was utter crap. I even walked to the respec NPC and was about to respec, when I paused for a second and thought, "Have I really given it a good chance? Maybe I'm playing it too much like Concealment."

I typically play assassin and stealth classes, in other games, so Concealment seemed like the right fit for me. But I'm damn glad I gave Lethality a chance, because it helped me see the huge flaws with Concealment.

Most Concealment players spend too much time in stealth, and get terrible DPS scores at the end of a WZ, and try and justify it by saying that their burst was more useful to the team. Rubbish.

And though stealth capping has its uses - Capping the node that the main force is skirmishing over, is even more important. That's what Lethality really shines at.

If I played Concealment now, I'd probably play it a lot more like I do Lethality, lol, Concealment can actually get a good DPS score, if they do things right, and realize they actually have more skills than just their burst opener, and that dicking around in stealth looking for a "good" target, is usually a detriment to their team.

Edited by MobiusZero

This.

I played Concealment for the first month the game was out, then tried Lethality just to see how it plays. After the first couple days, I was convinced it was utter crap. I even walked to the respec NPC and was about to respec, when I paused for a second and thought, "Have I really given it a good chance? Maybe I'm playing it too much like Concealment."

I typically play assassin and stealth classes, in other games, so Concealment seemed like the right fit for me. But I'm damn glad I gave Lethality a chance, because it helped me see the huge flaws with Concealment.

Most Concealment players spend too much time in stealth, and get terrible DPS scores at the end of a WZ, and try and justify it by saying that their burst was more useful to the team. Rubbish.

And though stealth capping has its uses - Capping the node that the main force is skirmishing over, is even more important. That's what Lethality really shines at.

If I played Concealment now, I'd probably play it a lot more like I do Lethality, lol, Concealment can actually get a good DPS score, if they do things right, and realize they actually have more skills than just their burst opener, and that dicking around in stealth looking for a "good" target, is usually a detriment to their team.

I would like to point out that leth is also capable of stealth capping or bursting someone down then capping. Even shorter against stalling stealth opponents that try to stealth away after resolve resets cuz your dots will bring them out of stealth. I had a few moments in my vids that included cc capping and kill caps.

I've only played it at 50, but 40 gives you most every talent you'll need. It'll get better with the other trees, higher dart dmg, less dart energy, 9% cunning to name a few.

I can live with that. Got to 40 on my scoundrel as scrapper and got flechette round and it gave me some extra "umph" and I can melt people, but I'm not sure how rewarding it is. Only so much you can rely on people being dumb and letting you ninja cap or just taking out that single target quick only to find yourself wondering what to do next if you can't re-stealth or capture a point. It's ok. I can find ways to assist, but I just want to see if I like other things better, and playing one has helped me to understand better how to combat one that jumps me on my other toons.

Level 40 too early to try DF/Lethality?

There is no such thing as too early, for Lethality OR Concealment.

Starting at an earlier level will teach you the importance of our basic skills, and how to use them well. Too often, people don't start PvPing until they are 50, or until they at least have Hidden Strike or Cull, but then they often tend to lean on those skills too much, and make less use of the plethora of other skills we have.

I PvPed from level 10 to 50, with 0 PvE, and it gave me an invaluable perspective on the class.

For example - Pretty much every Concealment Op I ever see, basically has it in their head that if they are stealthed, they must find a target to Hidden Strike. But what if there is no good target? What if it's a skirmish where going in and using hidden strike will merely result in you getting focused and killed? By the time a Concealment Op finally finds a target to open up on, the battle may be halfway over already! They could have been using their skills at ranged that whole time, doing way more damage and helping their team way more.

I've seen level 10 operatives kill level 50's, solo (Back in the day.), using nothing but Rifle Shot and kiting tactics. It's basic skills like these, that often get neglected by Operatives, and are best learned early on.

As Lethality, the most important talent you can train, which you should get before ANY others, is Imperial Brew. Imperial Brew is more important to the spec than even Cull (Which is also why I think hybrid builds suck, because they skip our best talent.).

Edited by MobiusZero

There is no such thing as too early, for Lethality OR Concealment.

Starting at an earlier level will teach you the importance of our basic skills, and how to use them well. Too often, people don't start PvPing until they are 50, or until they at least have Hidden Strike or Cull, but then they often tend to lean on those skills too much, and make less use of the plethora of other skills we have.

I PvPed from level 10 to 50, with 0 PvE, and it gave me an invaluable perspective on the class.

For example - Pretty much every Concealment Op I ever see, basically has it in their head that if they are stealthed, they must find a target to Hidden Strike. But what if there is no good target? What if it's a skirmish where going in and using hidden strike will merely result in you getting focused and killed? By the time a Concealment Op finally finds a target to open up on, the battle may be halfway over already! They could have been using their skills at ranged that whole time, doing way more damage and helping their team way more.

I've seen level 10 operatives kill level 50's, solo (Back in the day.), using nothing but Rifle Shot and kiting tactics. It's basic skills like these, that often get neglected by Operatives, and are best learned early on.

As Lethality, the most important talent you can train, which you should get before ANY others, is Imperial Brew. Imperial Brew is more important to the spec than even Cull (Which is also why I think hybrid builds suck, because they skip our best talent.).

I agree with this, and even I'm guilty of it. I even have an urge to hit someone capping a door with Hidden Strike, even if they are almost done capping and I'm far away. Curse you BioWare. I run Lethality now, just hit 40. I really like how I don't have to worry about being screwed with a knockback or AoE, or detection. I still start with Hidden Strike for the extra TA. Something like:

Hidden Strike, Stim boost, Shiv, apply dots, weakening blast, shiv, cull cull, then weave in backstab, explosive probe and such.

Hidden Strike, Stim boost, Shiv, apply dots, weakening blast, shiv, cull cull, then weave in backstab, explosive probe and such.

Well based on who you are facing, if it is melee you'll want to put your melee hits upfront like backstab and shiv. Then move out of range to start dotting etc... Saves you a little bit of dmg taken.

I didn't catch this before. I have to disagree with you. Imperial Brew, although a good talent to have, is not by far the "most important" talent to have. Imperial Education is better because it buffs ALL your dmg and healing abilities with higher bonus dmg/healing and crit levels. Corrosive Microbes is better because for 2 talent points it will give you more of a dmg boost on corrosive dart than Imperial brew will with 3. Lethal Purpose is the talent that turns us from respectable in 1v1 situations to monsters in group situations. Energy can be an issue in small skirmishes, but with a large group, your dots ticking will give you a vast supply of energy to work with while bursting someone down. Afterall, if you don't have enough energy to even use corrosive dart, does it matter how much dmg it does?

That wasn't even considering the talents that give you an ability like corrosive grenade, cull, and weakening blast....which IMO are all more valuable to the spec than Imperial Brew. It is def a good talent to have, but not as strong as you make it out to be.

Lethality/Dirty Fighting is just hilarious...

It surpassed everything I experienced dmg wise on any other char.

http://imageshack.us/f/842/screenshot2013021912411.jpg/

Very nice game. I would like to say though that that kind of game isn't common even for the best of players. Lot of variables have to be involved to create such an atmosphere that allows a game like this to happen. Just like I tell ppl that ask me questions about my healing, no matter how good you are, you can't just pull 1400+ hps every game. A lot of our performance is based on the quality and comp of our team vs the quality and comp of their team.

You'll also notice a big difference when you hit 50 with it.

Edited by Ravashakk

Very nice game. I would like to say though that that kind of game isn't common even for the best of players. Lot of variables have to be involved to create such an atmosphere that allows a game like this to happen. Just like I tell ppl that ask me questions about my healing, no matter how good you are, you can't just pull 1400+ hps every game. A lot of our performance is based on the quality and comp of our team vs the quality and comp of their team.

You'll also notice a big difference when you hit 50 with it.

To be honest, its quite common. Atleast on voidstar i cant think of a single game beeing below 600dps since i hit 40.

http://imageshack.us/f/850/screenshot2013021800123.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/4/screenshot2013021812271.jpg/

However i have to admit, im quite familiar with Lethality/dirty fighting. I hope i can break my dirty slingers 1340dps when i hit 50 =)

To be honest, its quite common. Atleast on voidstar i cant think of a single game beeing below 600dps since i hit 40.

http://imageshack.us/f/850/screenshot2013021800123.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/4/screenshot2013021812271.jpg/

However i have to admit, im quite familiar with Lethality/dirty fighting. I hope i can break my dirty slingers 1340dps when i hit 50 =)

I'm sure it is common to have 2-4 healers on your team while the opposition has 0. All I'm saying is lowbies is a terrible place to judge a class/spec.

Just like with your void star performances, you can't just go out and pull >1340 DPS every game, or even a majority of them. High DPS games are generally an indication of constant combat, which means good enemy healers, or a continuous stream of enemies running in from the spawn. Having good DPS are on your team also lowers your dmg. I find that my best number games are generally when the rest of the DPS suck on my team and I have to carry a larger portion of the load.