Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Seriously? That's it?

Trobon
10.23.2019 , 03:09 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
I'd rather just see swtor die than watch it putter along in this joke they call content.
I don't say this for a lot of things, but if that's the case then just stop playing it. I mean don't get me wrong, I wish there was more content and feel going back to two stories was always going to hurt what we got. However, if you'd rather see the game die then nothing stops you from cutting it out of your life.

Some of us still enjoy the game even if we think it is greatly flawed. So if you want the game dead then exercise your option to make it dead to you.

MrJunay
10.23.2019 , 03:11 PM | #62
If you do not like the game, it is enough just not to play it. Nobody forces you to play. Play the FFXIV.

sharkfishman
10.23.2019 , 03:43 PM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
Not disagreeing with you and not making excuses. Just saying that they're two different things. FFXIV has a huge player base. SWTOR does not. FFXIV has a large development team, SWTOR does not.

I wish things were different, I just choose to accept these facts and am grateful for what we DO get in SWTOR.
It's actually OK to voice both opinions. After all, feedback is valuable.

If you're happy with this small spattering of content with years of time in between, that's OK. So is wanting more. In the end, what matters to SWTOR devs (and pretty much every gaming company) is short-term ROI, not long-term player satisfaction. This is why predatory tactics (such as RNG and "collect them all" gimmicks) are often favored over happy customers.
For my friends, click my referral link for awesome free stuff.
For my enemies, click it just to spite me.

"Don't get cocky."

Raansu
10.24.2019 , 06:28 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Trobon View Post
I don't say this for a lot of things, but if that's the case then just stop playing it. I mean don't get me wrong, I wish there was more content and feel going back to two stories was always going to hurt what we got. However, if you'd rather see the game die then nothing stops you from cutting it out of your life.

Some of us still enjoy the game even if we think it is greatly flawed. So if you want the game dead then exercise your option to make it dead to you.
I did stop playing. Uninstalled the game last night. SWTOR is a joke now. No content, and rng to mask it. Its time for this game to die because its clearly in maintenance mode with practically zero budget.

that_Spartan_IV
10.24.2019 , 06:48 AM | #65
I just hope they don't
Spoiler
ENOUGH WITH THAT STORY.
"Two there should be, no more, no less."

TrixxieTriss
10.24.2019 , 07:48 AM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by sharkfishman View Post
It's actually OK to voice both opinions. After all, feedback is valuable.

If you're happy with this small spattering of content with years of time in between, that's OK. So is wanting more. In the end, what matters to SWTOR devs (and pretty much every gaming company) is short-term ROI, not long-term player satisfaction. This is why predatory tactics (such as RNG and "collect them all" gimmicks) are often favored over happy customers.
Well said.

I’m glad someone pointed out that you can love the way it is but there is nothing wrong with constructive feed back and you can also want more content or better gearing and crafting systems. Just because a person is disappointed, doesn’t make their comments worth less than someone who loves it all.

Personally I don’t hate all the gearing system. Just the massive RNG factor and the 18 different versions from of the same thing. What I do love about the gearing is that it’s all legacy bound. Which means you can always upgrade and swap to your Alts to gear them up really easy. More so than at any other time in the game.

What I absolutely hate is what they’ve done to the crafting system.

I didn’t mind the story, but as others have pointed out, it could definitely have been longer than it was. Maybe if less time had been spent on 18 different gear versions and 20 gear Lvls or new mail box icons (etc) and a few other non necessary changes, they could have spent some of that time making more playable content.

TrixxieTriss
10.24.2019 , 07:49 AM | #67
Quote: Originally Posted by that_Spartan_IV View Post
I just hope they don't
Spoiler
ENOUGH WITH THAT STORY.
Agreed

casirabit
10.24.2019 , 07:58 AM | #68
You are comparing this to Ossus? Really, that was the one that was fast, it took me under an hour to finish that and yet you are complaining this one is shorter but it took 2 hours. Not sure what math you are using for that as 2 hours is longer than 1 hour (at the max for Ossus)
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

Costello
10.24.2019 , 08:23 AM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
Not disagreeing with you and not making excuses. Just saying that they're two different things. FFXIV has a huge player base. SWTOR does not. FFXIV has a large development team, SWTOR does not.

I wish things were different, I just choose to accept these facts and am grateful for what we DO get in SWTOR.
Sadly true.

Swtor will only increase its player base if it offers content and a game people want to play. Calling a few hours of content and the most mind numbing gear grind, worse than GC an expansion; and likely the most that will be seen for the next year will only lose players.

You launch this the day after ESO lets people conclude the Year of the Dragon Story arc, with a large new zone.

I wish swtor was better, that there was more reason to log in on my Sith Warrior, that companions offered more insight, that we haven't seen a nerf to pave the way for a god awful gear grind. However it seems Swtor wants to cater to a small minority of people that love gear grinding and I guess progression raiding, while other games seem to let people play in massive worlds where they can do what they want and solo is as viable as group play.

ZionHalcyon
10.24.2019 , 08:39 AM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Agreed
They aren't. They are just going to put a bow on it.