Planet controlled pane

Boootz

unfotunately there is no way to control it (it doesn't have a ui handle or I'd hide it), but....

... you can make it go away a little faster (or keep it from hanging around forever), by getting the server to recognize you are moving.... It's particularly bad in strongholds (like I need to know the name of my own strong hold... seriously BW?)...

any ways the best way I've found to get the server to recognize you're moving and trigger the fade is to jump. running around sometimes works, but jumping is more reliable

There's exactly one circumstance where that might be interesting information: you have a duplicate left over from the 2017 server merges. In that case it might be interesting to know (as a confirmation) which one you're in.

Presumably you'd know because you selected it to go to, and it's at the top of your current stronghold list

Every time I go to a planet controlled by a guild, the pane that pops up either doesn't fade away or lasts quite a bit of time. Is there any way to reduce or stop it from showing?

This issue was fixed a few patches ago but it's back with a vengeance. Resetting UI will get rid of it as per this (CRTL+U+U):

Disable and activate the UI by pressing Ctrl+U twice.

Normally, yes, which is why I said "as a confirmation". For the day *after* you went to the other one so *it* is at the top of the list.

I don't understand this statement.... the current stronghold you are in (where you'd see the nameplate) is always at the top of list for that character....

... the only exception to that is newly purchased (always at the top of every list by default) or merged (might be at the top, might not) strongholds

I don't understand this statement.... the current stronghold you are in (where you'd see the nameplate) is always at the top of list for that character....

... the only exception to that is newly purchased (always at the top of every list by default) or merged (might be at the top, might not) strongholds

No, I meant the list when you're not in a stronghold. The top one then is the last one you were in. If you normally use Coruscant A, but last time for some reason, you used Coruscant B, the top will be Coruscant B, and if you just click the top one blindly the popup will serve as a reminder. Well, if you name them differently and assign different owners, anyway.

It's kind of thin as a reason for having it, since it's useful for the owner in exactly no other circumstances, and you'd probably notice the different decorations immediately. (On the other hand, it's more interesting if you get an invite to someone else's SH, and the code is simpler if it just puts it up unconditionally.)

In any case, an option to have it (and the planetary control thing) not show would be nice.

No, I meant the list when you're not in a stronghold. The top one then is the last one you were in. If you normally use Coruscant A, but last time for some reason, you used Coruscant B, the top will be Coruscant B, and if you just click the top one blindly the popup will serve as a reminder. Well, if you name them differently and assign different owners, anyway.[...]

ah, thanks for your explanation