Welcome to Game Update 2.9: Galactic Strongholds Early Access!

TaitWatson

Spend some time in customizing my stronghold, even bought some cc packs, but now I feel big disappointment cause I can't really customize it, can't be creative with this dot placement style, with this limits to everything. Its like compare mobile phone game to PC games. Look at how deep customization is in Wildstar for example, I'm really want here same approach to feel like its really my fortress and to be able to impress. Also there is nothing interesting what can visitors do in your home no interactive items, they even can't use cargo holds ( to access their stuff ofc) there must be reason to spend time here. Gathering? Used one gathering stuff and got 3 hours of waiting till I can again get 3 metals lvl 1? I simply can't spend much time in customizing my home because of such simple system!

Also there is no reason to get more strongholds than one when nothing interesting you can do with one.

Also hoped for PvP balance improvement which is already on test.

And crafting for stronghold... I've got 450 cybertect and can only craft a bit of crap.

Its all feels like alpha.

Edited by APCrol

This is a very nice start and hopefully the beginnings of more sandbox endgame for the players.

It also makes me very happy to have been stockpiling those Alien Data Cubes at 300 each, to sell them at 30000 each! A tidy profit for the guild.

Thank you for this update but don't think you can slack off yet, I want my Manaan stronghold and I want some swoop racing, that wall of crazy seems to be getting smaller. :)

Why does GSF have so few Conquest objectives which get a Guild Invasion bonus? And I don't just mean this first Conquest Event.

I know that future Conquest Events will offer Guild Invasion bonuses for GSF, but never more than x2. And in total, datamining shows that FOUR Conquest Events offer no Guild Invasion bonus at all for GSF.

Compare this with Warzones, which have only ONE event without a Guild Invasion bonus, or Flashpoints, which have only TWO events without Guild Invasion bonus, or Crafting, which have only TWO events without Guild Invasion bonus.

What is the deal, devs? GSF should at least be treated the same as warzones. We've already come to accept that there aren't any new GSF updates coming this year. Can you at least make GSF a viable playstyle for Conquest?

Stupid question, but I cant work out how to unlock my subscriber Stronghold. Got the in game mail stating goto Stronghold Management but nothing is there to unlock? What am I missing?

Gkaruk, I ran into the same issue. Find the Strongholds area in your fleet and use the terminal for Nar Shadaa. This should let you activate it free of cost and allow you to travel there.

Edited by Zaytrin

really great, I got my 3 strongholds,and finished updating them in 15 minutes. only thing i like and wanted and used was the legacy storage.while some may like decorating , I do not, I only like functional items.I also do not plan on upgrading the storage, 750 CC seems too much for me.and as for the tattoine Strong hold, too expensive.

I'm with the others, best thing about The Stronghold is, the Legacy storage. I mean like some of the others said, there is no interactive chairs, so u cant sit, cant lay on beds. Sure you have some Decor. Vendors but that's all you can interact with or at least so far, that i know of. Also there is that whole travel vid to your stronghold, which shows player walking into it, but where is your ship, 'cause it isn't on that big docking pad. We should be able to land our ship on the docking pad and then go inside SH and look out the window and see it there on the dock, but no dice.

We should be able to travel to the planet that its on just like any other time. Once we get with in the planet's atmosphere, then that vid should take over showing our ships fly to and landing on the dock and us getting out just like any other time. We should be able to leave as such too. But Nooooo.

Also i am not grinding all my alts to get 1.75m and 2.25m several times to unlock doors in a home i already bought.

That's like going to a car lot to buy a Brand New Car, you pay 25k for this BNC, they bring it out to ya and you see no windows and no tires and then you hear a guy say "1.5m for windows and tires." Ok, you pay it and finally you get into that BNC and no Steering wheel, you hear once again, "1.2m and that would take care of everything." I mean Would you pay that? I know i wouldn't. Do not get me wrong i had no problem with the rooms that were 40k or 25k or 10k, Hell or even 250k but those others HELL NO! I got all the rooms i want, need and or desire.

Until they make more furniture interactive and make it where we can land and launch to and from the docking pad and lower the prices way down on those unlocked rooms, this whole stronghold things is nothing but a MONEY PIT and A TIME KILLER.

It may be good for those that RP, but for folks like my self, not so much......

Guess having played so many MMORPGs with housing before, it has set the bar way too high for this offering and as a result I am terribly disappointed, and having to pay to open every room in the mediocre house is ridiculous and abusive. I even payed to unlocl the door to the stairway in the house, only to find I had to pay to unlock the door at the top of the stairs... I told myself, you could not possibly be serious!

The placement of furniture and stuff is at best ackward, since instruction on how to do things were scarce at best, it was a guessing game until the odd mechanics were deciphered. It would have been easier if you could have gone down a listing of all the items you could place and upon clicking them being shown the places it could go, insted of clicking on a hook and discovering what could go there, really short sighted in design. The hook system used for this is truly inferior to the great majority of other games, but guess kindergarden development and Bioware are obviously related. Most games lets you place anything anyware in the floor space, and the better ones are three dimensional too, but hey, what can we expect from one of the most expensive subscription games in the business?

Then the acquiring of "furniture" and crafting, could we make this even more annoying bioware?

Well I waiting since December for this, and after all this waiting, this is what Bioware had to show...

Disappointed

Sue

Gkaruk, I ran into the same issue. Find the Strongholds area in your fleet and use the terminal for Nar Shadaa. This should let you activate it free of cost and allow you to travel there.

I am having the same issue ..but I went to the Fleet Directory and it is all blank except the Guild ship ..not sure how to activate it...

I see potential in the strongholds if the devs continue to upgrade the system.

My question is are we going to get (or how do we get) all the promised trophies (to decorate with) for the achievements already completed over the last few years prior to the strongholds release?

It looks good for subscribers...I am one!

But really what's sad is the guild ship issues. It cost 50 million credits. It seems a bit high, ok. I was looking forward to this but it would seem I need 3 other players to work with me. Fine, but some things will never be open to me unless my guild is one of the top 10. That's not likely to happen.

I am a causal player. I have a job and life I live and don't get enough time to play enough to build up my guild that much. The cost will take me a year at best to make the 50 million credits, unless I snag the perfect item to sell on the Galactic Market.

I am kind of sad by the issues I mentioned. I still love the game and all the features you have added. I work a lowly job and will earn enough over time to get stuff to furnish my Stronghold, but no way can I get enough to build my guild ship let alone furnish it. It almost makes me want to dump my guild and join a larger one who has all the clout and credit to do all extra fun stuff of being a powerful guild!

Thanks again for all the hard work. I really can't say much bad stuff, I know how things go. But the cost and ranking regarding guilds is beyond my skill to do. I'm just not that good of a player. I love to play, but it's not my life!

Blessings!

My perspective: SWTOR is the first MMO I've played, so I looked at GS with no expectations about player housing.

I wasn't going to purchase the Tatooine Stronghold. After getting, and going to, one of the other Strongholds, the freebies I received made me realize that the only thing still missing from the Tat GS is a training droid. So, I bought the Tat SH.

Congratulations to the entire team involved in the Tatooine Stronghold. It's everything presented in the SWTOR Twitch stream. I enjoy being there, and I've moved all of my toons to Tat. I love the view, the openness, the details -- balloon going across the sky, sandcrawler going across the ground, all of it. Well done! Maybe one of these days the structures I can see on the surrounding cliffs will become unlockable (hint, hint). The only thing missing is a Training dummy. I'd really like to get a Training dummy in my GS.

I fumbled with using the decorations provided. It's one thing to read how to decorate, another thing to do it. But, I was able to figure it out fairly quickly. My thanks to Dulfy and Tor-Decorating.

I like that there's a variety of ways to get decorations.

Thank you for putting the GTN on the Cartel Market at a not out of this world price.

Overall, I'm enjoying my Tatooine Stronghold. There are a few decorations I'd like to get, but I'll get them gradually, as I play. I did some decorating, primarily with the free decorations, and a few I crafted prefabs to get.

Good job. I look forward to experiencing how Stronghold possibilities grow in future.

edited to add: In Strongholds I can give companions gifts, and use the GTN with them just like on a planet or Fleet. Yes! Thank you! Add companion conversations in a GS and it'll be companion perfect.

Edited by Nmyownworld

Do you really think that the rewards are worth the work.

Or even what is on offer for the initial 50 million payment is sufficient?

It seems that to use the two special options available with conquering the planet are too expensive to make them viable for many encounter or for many guild members. And that is on top to the incredible grind to make it to the top, of course that is if your guild is big enough to compete. Smaller guilds will have to disband and members join the big guilds if they really want to see any chance of taking a planet.

As for all the other things as part of 2.9 I feel I must be missing something. Far as I can tell it was early access of GSH which naturally will be re-hyped for 2.10, the new Flashpoint and buff to people on Makeb. Easier to list them than say lots of other features too numerous to include. Its three and then its two if you don't include early access as the official launch.

I saw complaints of the lack of being able to sleep and sit on their furniture. There's actually 2 new emotes that have been added, /sleep and /chair. Though I must confess, /faint and /Tihaar (and others) are broken. Just thought I'd point that out if no one noticed.

Galactic Strongholds fulfills your dreams of owning your own home in the Star Wars™ universe, establishing your own Guild Headquarters in one of our four Stronghold locations, or conquering the galaxy in a formidable Guild Flagship!

Why not, sounds nice.

We wanted to provide our players the choice of living in some of the most desirable locations available, each having an iconic look and feel. When you first arrive in your new Stronghold you will notice how each detail within your Stronghold perfectly fits the appropriate thematic feel of the corresponding planet where it is found.

Seems to me you achieved this goal.

One thing though, not everyone is fond of huge mansions, as such option for smaller less flashy housing would be nice.

From there, we wanted to make sure that decorating your Stronghold would be easy, intuitive, and most importantly fun!

In all fairness you got like 40% of the above.

The system isn't that intuitive and very limited in a way removing most of the fun.

It's more cumbersome than a free placement one, needs more clicks, is less precise for setting items, has less possibilities and does not even prevent collision issues.

Previewing items isn't good as one has to click on an item to actually see it. Also needing to actually go through menus, sub menus and lists isn't convenient either.

There are an incredible amount of decorations available and all kinds of ways to get them. Everything from crafting to in-game vendors, Operations and Flashpoints will give you the chance to find new and exciting items with which to fill your Stronghold.

The issue being very few of the decorations are easily available regarding the price either in CC ($$), mats, tokens or grind. So for more casual players it'll be hard to fill the strongholds and it will hinder the eventual appeal eventually making it a niche.

A huge empty Stronghold or a Stronghold with locked doors does not looks nice for anyone.

For the first time, Guilds also have a place to call their own. Guilds can establish their Headquarters in a Guild owned Stronghold or they can also choose to purchase a massive Flagship, which provides your Guild not only a true meeting place to gather, but now a way invade a planet and compete against other Guilds for total domination! Exactly how do I conquer a planet, you say? Conquests! Conquests are based on weekly objectives wrapped in a variety of themes that give you new incentive to visit familiar places. Some of these objectives will require a well-rounded group to complete whereas others can be done by yourself. Once you complete an objective, you will earn points towards your Conquest goal both on an individual basis, which helps you earn personal rewards, but also towards your Guild score and help your Guild climb the leaderboard. The Guild in the top spot at the end of the week will conquer the planet they have invaded and will be rewarded with special perks while on that planet. If your Guild does manage to conquer a planet, anyone who visits while under your control will know exactly who came out on top!

Maybe it was not intended but the system already started destroying smaller guilds.

Guilds are disbanding and most won't be anymore a gathering of players for social reasons but for XP, conquests and so. It will hurt the game for sure.

We believe that this digital expansion provides something for everyone. You may wish to just sit back and relax in your personal Stronghold, basking in the glory of past achievements or add to your collection by crafting, exploring, battling or perusing the market. Or you may choose to hyperspace across the galaxy with guild mates, both old and new, and take on the risky prospect of battling our new Commanders, found deep within enemy territory. This particular feature gives a whole new meaning to open world PvP and will certainly give your guild a reason to create strategies and weigh risk versus reward.

First let's mention that people really interested in housing are not targeted with this feature as it's not up as what can be found in others MMO.

Then for the people that don't care about it, they will mostly use the travel hub and Legacy Storage, plus the convenience to have all the facilities in the same spot (GTN, mail, storage, etc.)

For the others they might spend some time with it but mostly, as with the space shooter, they'll either get bored or will be disappointed when they'll want more of it as starting to liking it.

There’s still plenty more included in this expansion that I haven’t scratched the surface on, such as our new tactical Flashpoint, Depths of Manaan, and much more. We are incredibly excited to bring you Galactic Strongholds and can’t wait to see you in game!

New FP is nice but would really read more about the "much more", care to expand on that please?

Edited by Deewe

Yes thx for the new patch that DOES NOT EVEN WORK!!

Yesterday before the so called "fix" everything was working fine, didn't even know there where any bugs untill i saw that maintenance message appearing ingame.

i'm still downloading the patch ever sinds the servers came back online and the text above the download bar say's "minimum download in progress" and it seems to just hold at 90,13%.

Tryed unïnstalling the game but won't let me then i get an error saying "unable to download external IU" or something like that.

Last thing i tryd was to just restore the computer with 1 of those restore points but it seems i still keep hovering on that 90,13%.

If anyone has desame problem or if anyone know's what should be done, let me know.

Would be nice to get the game working again :-)

Edited by KastiusMastius