Why wait for open world PVP to get awesome?

OrionSol

Do it yourself!

THE JEDl ORDER, and Republic SpecForce were running a World Boss tour event...

THE SITH ORDER, decides to sneak attack us on Tatooine...

90 minutes of blood, battle and bravery....

WATCH!

Blood and Bravery stain the sands of Tatooine...

To learn more about or 5 guild RP community, check out www,jediswtor.com

We bring RP/PVP to life!

The last open pvp, I played was in Blackhole daily area. There was about 8 of us Imps and 10 Republic. Was quite a lot of fun. That's going back a while though. Do you get Valor for open world? I can't remember :p

Not that I am aware of, but we were so wrapped up in the battle no one was paying attention to valor and the like

If anyone needs to measure open world pvp and valor gains, arrange another event and before the battle starts, screenshot your valor, then screenshot it after the battle. Get most of the event players involved.

To me, the whole point of this thread is that you can make open pvp happen anywhere for fun, not rewards. You don't need bioware to create a special place for it, though it would be nice to have something with objectives and not just a deathmatch.

If anyone needs to measure open world pvp and valor gains, arrange another event and before the battle starts, screenshot your valor, then screenshot it after the battle. Get most of the event players involved.

To me, the whole point of this thread is that you can make open pvp happen anywhere for fun, not rewards. You don't need bioware to create a special place for it, though it would be nice to have something with objectives and not just a deathmatch.

For fun... not rewards

World PVP has always been what you make of it, not the developers. Anyone remember the ridiculously epic battles in Hillsbrad foothills in wow? That was insane fun, and your only reward was +1 honor per kill. The reward was the random excitement :D.

Unfortunately those days have long passed, too many players these days need incentives to fight. And as such, we get to see all sort of ridiculous designs with maps filled with castles, forts, etc in which "PvP-players" more and more even start to actually avoid other players, zerging empty castles, in order to get their hands on the tokens.

In the end, I expect little more of world PvP in SWTOR. Hopefully they'll keep it small and packed so people can't avoid the encounters that much. But most probably we'll be seeing high level of rewards and if not, dead areas with no participants.

Unfortunately those days have long passed, too many players these days need incentives to fight. And as such, we get to see all sort of ridiculous designs with maps filled with castles, forts, etc in which "PvP-players" more and more even start to actually avoid other players, zerging empty castles, in order to get their hands on the tokens.

In the end, I expect little more of world PvP in SWTOR. Hopefully they'll keep it small and packed so people can't avoid the encounters that much. But most probably we'll be seeing high level of rewards and if not, dead areas with no participants.

People use to fight in the Hillsbrad Foothills because it was the closest two respawn points allowing you to farm honour.

Until the honour system went in it was a rare fight there, once the honour system went in there was massive fights there until warzones went in.

If you're looking for rewardless PvP you've got to go back to SWG, Everquest 1 or UO really.

• 2 weeks later...