Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best PVP Builds in 2.0

jbgov
04.15.2013 , 01:49 AM | #1
So now there are quite a few people at 55 who have had some time to investigate various builds i was hoping that a few questions i have may be answered without just guessing ....

1/ Given that the shields have been changed in 2.0, is a full tank build with full tank gear a viable option in PVP now?

2/ I have read how much better infiltration is in 2.0, is there any point in balance builds any more

3/ what is your preferred build and gearing for 2.0 and why
EternalGuardian ---------------------------------- 55 PVP Shadow

-----------------------------Too Busy To ALT ------------------------------

AMKSED
04.15.2013 , 01:58 AM | #2
Full Infiltration. Force Potency, CV Strike x 2, Force Project, Breach, Backstab, Spinning Strike = Dead = Right to the next target because Force Potency is off CD and can just keep doing this over and over again.
/thread

Balance is cool if you just want to DoT people and not actually kill people. It's not near as good as it used to be. Which is sad this was the most fun spec I've ever played in SWTOR but just watching what Infiltration can do is stupid for me to stay Balance.

Can't say much about Tank spec besides go tank for a healer?

Majspuffen
04.15.2013 , 06:09 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by AMKSED View Post
Balance is cool if you just want to DoT people and not actually kill people. It's not near as good as it used to be. Which is sad this was the most fun spec I've ever played in SWTOR but just watching what Infiltration can do is stupid for me to stay Balance.
That seem to be the general consensus. So many posts during the PTS and balance goes live as crap as it was on the PTS. It is outright depressing. I'm on the verge of removing my Balance Shadow altogether. I've never really liked the rogue archetype. Balance, to me, was a proper mid-range fighter. A squishy melee class that relied on kiting, and had lots of utility in form of a 30m 8s mez+2s stun and 30m 2s root. It was a wonderful class to play for pvp. Now it's just broken. Have fun killing stuff with double strike.

Moonheart_S
04.15.2013 , 06:48 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by jbgov View Post
1/ Given that the shields have been changed in 2.0, is a full tank build with full tank gear a viable option in PVP now?
Full tank build with full tank gear was a was option even before.

UltimateKrucible
04.15.2013 , 09:19 AM | #5
I scrapped my Balance build and am currently running an 35/15 Infil/blanace hybrid and am having a ball at lvl 53

You can put enough points into balance to get FiB, which was the best power in that tree anyway. DoTs never were a great option for PvP and are now redundant.

This way you get infil tactics and FiB, as well a low slash - which, along with force stun, gives you 2 stuns on instant cast, 1 mez and one 1.5 second stun (force lift).

By 55 I should also have enough points to get Clairvoyant strike too.

It's a utility moster. Plus it's a lot more melee-focussed and fun to play.

jbgov
04.15.2013 , 10:07 AM | #6
The infiltration/Balance build sounds interesting, specially for levelling to 55 as FiB is amazing for dealing with weak groups!

Any thought on the change of shield mechanics??

Moonheart_S
04.16.2013 , 03:00 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by UltimateKrucible View Post
I scrapped my Balance build and am currently running an 35/15 Infil/blanace hybrid and am having a ball at lvl 53

You can put enough points into balance to get FiB, which was the best power in that tree anyway. DoTs never were a great option for PvP and are now redundant.

This way you get infil tactics and FiB, as well a low slash - which, along with force stun, gives you 2 stuns on instant cast, 1 mez and one 1.5 second stun (force lift).

You can't have clairvoyant strike with 15 points in balance.

FrogSkin
04.16.2013 , 05:05 AM | #8
Heres my level 55 Inf build Im am currently PvPing with: Level 55 PvP Inf Build

artikulieren
04.16.2013 , 06:08 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by UltimateKrucible View Post

Meh. Nothing special. Just another modified Wakajinn build. Also you only get 46 points. Your build has 50.

jbgov
04.16.2013 , 06:33 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by FrogSkin View Post
Heres my level 55 Inf build Im am currently PvPing with: Level 55 PvP Inf Build
Thanks FrogSkin
Can any one tell me why no one ever uses nerve wrecking it seems that its an easy 6% increase to shadow strike ...