Terror From Beyond (NiM) 8-Man Progression Tracking

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[

No one is looking down on Death and Taxes for admitting that they won't be able to kill the 2nd boss with their current setup/gear, I am sure my own guild and many more will understand this during the last part of reset-week. However, Death and Taxes kills will not count as worldfirst nor will their "clear" count as the worldfirst clear, they have killed the last three bosses, but not worldfirst.

In the SWTOR Raiding Community, the progression is liner, back in the days, some guilds killed Firebrand/Stormcaller on Hardmode and then returned for Colonel Vorgath on Nightmare, however their kills didn't count as progression nor worldfirst. I am sure that when Bioware either nerfs the 2nd boss in TFB or we get enough gear to handle the DPS issues we will get the rest of the worldfirst.

What I am trying to say is that even thought Death and Taxes have killed all bosses (2nd on HM) only the first kill is an official "progression" kill, when the 2nd boss goes down for Death and Taxes on Nightmare mode, your next three kills will count as progression. But right now it is only "gearkills".

/signed

Edited by Lendish

Confused why you think it's linear here but not linear into other MMOs?

Because this isn't other MMOs, and this would be the 1st "precedent"

16m guilds in NiM EC knew that tanks needed nerfed, but no guild skipped them. Taking all of 1 day to decide to skip a boss because it's "impossible" is ridiculous.

Confused why you think it's linear here but not linear into other MMOs?

Confused why you think how other MMOs treat progression means anything in SW:ToR?

16m guilds in NiM EC knew that tanks needed nerfed, but no guild skipped them. Taking all of 1 day to decide to skip a boss because it's "impossible" is ridiculous.

Guilds did skipped them, however the were honorable enough to not to report and argue about their continued kills as progression, as I said, I don't disrespect D&T, I just don't think your last three kills should be counted as progression.

Edited by RikuvonDrake

This thread is meaningless if it is not an instance clear. By all means skip ahead and get gear but that means you should wait for next week to have another crack at a first worth having.

Skiping is saying I quit for this week and our guild will only participate in our server thread if this is the way the rest of the community think things should work.

Someone has to start the trend, then. There were also definitely guilds that swapped to HM for tanks then back to Nightmare. It isn't some grand scheme or something that is against the "community rules" (whatever those are).

What happens when come Monday no one has killed it yet and it gets nerfed on Tuesday? What if it never gets nerfed and we have to continue to swap to HM to farm gear from the rest of the instance as well as NiM S&V when it comes out? We made a call last night to move on because we didn't see it being changed this week (and I am very confident it will be). No other raiding community that I've participated in (WoW, Rift, EQ) got upset when things like this occurred.

but I guess still waters run deep.

That idiom does not mean what you seem to think it means.

Guilds did skipped them, however the were honorable enough to not to report and argue about their continued kills as progression, as I said, I don't disrespect D&T, I just don't think your last three kills should be counted as progression.

You'll be singing a different tune come Monday when you haven't beaten the DG.

Someone has to start the trend, then. There were also definitely guilds that swapped to HM for tanks then back to Nightmare. It isn't some grand scheme or something that is against the "community rules" (whatever those are).

As I said, guilds did swap to do tanks on HM but these guilds were honorable enough not to report their next two kills as progression.

In WoW you don't get full progress points if you skip bosses. So maybe your place is at the Sissylala-list and not on the Progress-List. :rolleyes:

I stated this exactly when the kill was reported if you go back a few pages, as well as a couple times thereafter.

As I said, many more guilds will do what you did on Sunday/Monday, but they will honorable enough not to report their kills as progression =)

Honorable enough - what does this even mean? We killed a boss in our current gear before other people did, end of story.

When I reported the kill earlier I clearly stated what we did and even said you can count at a discount or not count at all. The OP counted, and now I'm just defending from the people that are butthurt (folks who disagree in a respectable manner are fine in my book).

Honorable enough - what does this even mean? We killed a boss in our current gear before other people did, end of story.

When I reported the kill earlier I clearly stated what we did and even said you can count at a discount or not count at all. The OP counted, and now I'm just defending from the people that are butthurt (folks who disagree in a respectable manner are fine in my book).

As I said but you apparently missed, I said a few times that I mean this in no way as to disrespect D&T or take any credit/glory from your kills. I just said that I am disappointed that they are treated as progression.

Edited by RikuvonDrake

You abused a mechanic to skip a boss you couldnt beat. :rolleyes:

Can't tell if this is tongue in cheek or not, internet sarcasm is usually lost on me. I can only hope you aren't serious about abusing a mechanic - a mechanic that is also in other MMOs and is often utilized (and not just WoW).

I think most of the Red Eclipse guilds are of the view that skiping does not count for points or firsts. If this thread honours non-sequential kills we will post progression else where.

Other Red Eclipse guilds are welcome to contend this point.

Edited by Thufir_Hawat

I think most of the Red Eclipse guilds are of the view that skiping does not count for points or firsts. If this thread honours non-sequential kills we will post progression else where.

Other Red Eclipse guilds are welcome to contend this point.

Talking to a few people in other guilds on Tomb of Freedon Nadd server about this as well and they were disappointed about this as well, gonna check with a the major PvE guild a bit more but right now people from sixteen guilds have said that the kills shouldn't count as progression.

Edited by RikuvonDrake

Not trying to troll here, but I do have a request. Can we make sure guilds arent setting to HM for DG to get by then going in and killing Op,keph,terror in nightmare to claim firsts?

The funniest part about following this thread is that it was a DnT member that first brought up not skipping DG by using HM. You attempted to set the rule, and then shortly afterwards, broke it :p Well played. If you ain't cheating you ain't trying I suppose. How is this irony lost on most of you?

The funniest part about following this thread is that it was a DnT member that first brought up not skipping DG by using HM. You attempted to set the rule, and then shortly afterwards, broke it :p Well played. If you ain't cheating you ain't trying I suppose. How is this irony lost on most of you?

Dom voiced his opinion but majority ruled and we moved on with our lives. Last time I'll say it and I'm out until we kill Kephess tonight, I stated with my post that contained the SS of Operator what we did and that it could be counted however the OP saw fit.

Can't tell if this is tongue in cheek or not, internet sarcasm is usually lost on me. I can only hope you aren't serious about abusing a mechanic - a mechanic that is also in other MMOs and is often utilized (and not just WoW).

Try to explain whatever you want. Everydody is laughing about you. You skipped a boss because you hadn't the balls to beat the previous. Simply stay out of the progress threads. You are fun-guild not a progress guild.

Try to explain whatever you want. Everydody is laughing about you. You skipped a boss because you hadn't the balls to beat the previous. Simply stay out of the progress threads. You are fun-guild not a progress guild.

I'm pretty sure we got World 3rd Warstalker, so I guess we have fun when we progress?

A majority of DnT is made up of WoW raiders - raiders that have several US and World firsts in an MMO far, FAR more competitive than SWTOR. In that game it isn't looked down upon to skip a boss to farm later gear in order to kill the previous boss. Period.

You can cry about it all you want, that's fine. But you don't hold a candle to our caliber player..

Edited by e_nk_ay

I'm pretty sure we got World 3rd Warstalker, so I guess we have fun when we progress?

A majority of DnT is made up of WoW raiders - raiders that have several US and World firsts in an MMO far, FAR more competitive than SWTOR. In that game it isn't looked down upon to skip a boss to farm later gear in order to kill the previous boss. Period.

You can cry about it all you want, that's fine. But you don't hold a candle to our caliber player, period.

Which word exactly in the sentence "This is not another MMO" don't you understand?