<PvP> Jugg vs Mara/Sent

Maraxuss

I am a immortal tank spec warrior, in full tank pvp gear. I know i'm not suppossed to kill anyone, that isnt my job, my job is to harrass, taunt, guard, and slow the enemies, while lasting quite awhile. but why exactly is it that maras and sentinels pwn me like there is no tomorrow...i'm not joking literally today i went from full health like 17.5k i believe,-- to dead in around 4 hits from a sentinel. I'm like wtfowyma? So atleast against maras/sent, not only is my damge gimp from being a tank...i'm gimp from being a tank.

Does anybody out there have any advice on what to do. Thank you for your help.

I am a immortal tank spec warrior, in full tank pvp gear. I know i'm not suppossed to kill anyone, that isnt my job, my job is to harrass, taunt, guard, and slow the enemies, while lasting quite awhile. but why exactly is it that maras and sentinels pwn me like there is no tomorrow...i'm not joking literally today i went from full health like 17.5k i believe,-- to dead in around 4 hits from a sentinel. I'm like wtfowyma? So atleast against maras/sent, not only is my damge gimp from being a tank...i'm gimp from being a tank.

Sentinels have two trees that have ways to get around armor. Watchman (anihilation), is centered around burns which bypass armor, and combat (carnage) has an ability called precision strike / gore on a 15 sec cd that makes all attacks preformed within the next few gcds have 100% armor pen. Both trees have amazing burst potential that they time around those abilities allowing them to take down high armored targets.

As a sentinel I can say that if you're dieing in 4 seconds (which is obviously hyperbole, but I digress) its probably against combat/carnage during a precision slash. Since you're unfamiliar with the class I wont go into detail on how we burst exactly, but I will say that if we have precision slash up you cannot let us get a full master strike / ravage off. If you do let us get the full 3 hits, it will easily take 40% of your health.

If you ever need to limit a sentinels damage (say against a healer, or in a 1v1), make sure to always save force push, choke, or backhand when you see one start casting master strike (and of course dont let them get full resolve until master strike is on cd). It wont neuter our damage, but it will prevent some huge burst.

knowledge is power

Well honestly they have ways to get through your armor, but the brutal truth is you could have been way undergeared compared to them.

17.5k hp buffed or unbuffed on a 50 Immortal Jugg in Defense gear is just low now a days. I'm running a hybrid spec in dps gear and I'm just under 22k hps. Even when I switch to rage spec I'm still almost 20k...and I can smash ppls for over 6k. There are Mara/Sents running 19k hps so when you run up against someone with more gear more expertise they're going to be hitting you for a ton with every hit.

Get War Hero gear and dump the defensive gear hell I'd even dump immortal spec Hybrid is a far superior pvp tank and all that defensive gear is only going to buy you about 8-10sec longer surviability but you can't kill anyone.

Well honestly they have ways to get through your armor, but the brutal truth is you could have been way undergeared compared to them.

17.5k hp buffed or unbuffed on a 50 Immortal Jugg in Defense gear is just low now a days. I'm running a hybrid spec in dps gear and I'm just under 22k hps. Even when I switch to rage spec I'm still almost 20k...and I can smash ppls for over 6k. There are Mara/Sents running 19k hps so when you run up against someone with more gear more expertise they're going to be hitting you for a ton with every hit.

Get War Hero gear and dump the defensive gear hell I'd even dump immortal spec Hybrid is a far superior pvp tank and all that defensive gear is only going to buy you about 8-10sec longer surviability but you can't kill anyone.

I would like to note that low hp != undergeared. A sentinel running with 17k hp could easily outdamage 19k sents simply because they've optimized their gear.

I would like to note that low hp != undergeared. A sentinel running with 17k hp could easily outdamage 19k sents simply because they've optimized their gear.

he's talking about immortal juggernauts.

17.5k for a juggernaut is laughable. Average is 21k i'd say. I'm not even full warhero and im 23.8k....

1. Undergeared.

2. Need to work on CD - Dual a lot to know when you should use them.

3. Try diff spec.

Personally, against any marauders or assasins, I do not fear but welcome them for 1v1. Granted i have changed to hybrid tank spec from full tank afer 1.3(including Mods now), when I dual even the ones called "better or best" players, I have the slight edge to win the battle. Try Hybrid build, defensive stance and set bonus. With the CD used right, You may even win with at least 50% HP left. <-depends on RNG