bring in auto attacking?

zebrawizard

certain classes that cast, feel fine as they are actively doing something per second.

however certain classes which rely on their "auto attack ability" feel slow and clunky, wouldnt it be possible to give these classes auto attack, while removing their "standard attack" so it feels more like your damaging but activating special abilities whilst attacking?

or is this concept too much :(

I think you need to elaborate that post a bit more. Not even sure what you are talking about.

What do you mean by "certain classes that cast" and "doing something per second"?

Which class in particular do you play that relies on "auto attack ability"?

Edited by Urkanan

certain classes that cast, feel fine as they are actively doing something per second.

however certain classes which rely on their "auto attack ability" feel slow and clunky, wouldnt it be possible to give these classes auto attack, while removing their "standard attack" so it feels more like your damaging but activating special abilities whilst attacking?

If you're using the standard attack for anything more than letting your resource regen for one or two GCD's occasionally then you're doing it wrong. There aren't any classes that play like they have autoattack.

If you're using the standard attack for anything more than letting your resource regen for one or two GCD's occasionally then you're doing it wrong. There aren't any classes that play like they have autoattack.

It would actually be less tedious, for example, to set my trooper or Merc on auto attack then only activate my abilities as needed. Let abilities interrupt autoattack but as it is now, we have to activate like this:

ability > standard >ability >standard

Making standard auto would take the tedium out of it.

To the OP, it would be a major change to do it though. The current system wasn't designed with auto attack in mind so putting it in would pretty much mean they have to redo the whoel combat system. It seems very unlikely and while I would personally like an auto attack, I simply don't think we're ever going to get it.

It isnt needed, and it'd take too much effort to introduce.

It isnt a matter of simply causing your basic attack to go off whenever you arent casting something. They'd have to go through and rebalance every ability in the game to account for the added damage output of a constant autoattack.

This game's design encourages more active play, not sitting there autoattacking enemies while you're half afk browsing the web.

No auto-attack. This has been a key game point since day zero.

• 6 months later...
I persoanally am really really really dissapointed by the no auto attack because i find it extremely tedious to continously press the abilities i think they should as mentioned in a previous post should make it so you auto attack and inturpt it for the abilies which would be activated when necessary. This is the vital point in whether or not to play with game for me and im sure for many other the rest of the game seems amazing but this is just to tedious to spend what little time i have gaming on pressing an ability button over and over.

This is not the game you are looking for.

you forgot to wave your hand :) but you are right.

auto attack isn't needed. The only time you use it is for a filler, when your Energy/heat/ammo/force/rage gets low/high. So an auto attack would be an auto filler, only requiring you to push ability buttons and the auto attack button once. pr. fight or mob if its trash.

I'm fine with no auto attack but I'd like to see some kind of macro system implemented for Attacks My g13 enables me to have sunder as one button and when it's on cooldowb for 5secs it switches to the normal strike Attack until sunder comes off cool down you still need to key press for each attack but just saves space 2 attacks bound to one key if stuff like this is allowed through hardware then why not Have it implemented in game Edited by denpic

i dont feel that an auto attack is needed but rather a ranged basic attack for sages/sorcerers (heck, it could replace saber strike). that way sages still can do a basic attack without having to be within 4m of their target.

on my assassin its obviously not an issue because you fight melee, but on my sage its a pain because as a TK spec or any spec really you are fighting/healing at range

• 7 months later...

I think the real solution people are asking for, is taking your basic attack function OFF the global cool down,

that way I can spam right click to attack as I normally do (even when a game has auto attack) and still use regular abilities, This game amazing broke my right click spam habit for what ever reason and as a guardian always in soren form, strike is pretty useless but necessary when no other ability is available, hence then I right click. but it still puts everything else on GCD.

getting rid of that would be easiest fix regardless of play-style imo.

Why not just take out the whole middle ground and make it all auto attacks then you wouldn't have to move a finger to push an ability it just kills it for you whilst you afk. It's really not that hard to push your standard in between.

Maybe try Runescape? The whole thing is auto attacks don't even need to press any abilities. Though its kind of a boring game now used to play it obsessively in middle school then they got rid of the wild so I quit. Tried coming back several times after they re intruduced the wild but it just wasn't the same.

Why not just take out the whole middle ground and make it all auto attacks then you wouldn't have to move a finger to push an ability it just kills it for you whilst you afk. It's really not that hard to push your standard in between.

Maybe try Runescape? The whole thing is auto attacks don't even need to press any abilities. Though its kind of a boring game now used to play it obsessively in middle school then they got rid of the wild so I quit. Tried coming back several times after they re intruduced the wild but it just wasn't the same.

Actually it now has abilities.

Regardless auto attack is pointless considering most classes only us base every 4-5 CD and Sages do not use it at all. Even then the game is asking you to push a button about every 1.5s, hardly a feat. I spam abilities as GCD is about to end just to keep my APM up so i don't fall asleep.

Actually it now has abilities.

Regardless auto attack is pointless considering most classes only us base every 4-5 CD and Sages do not use it at all. Even then the game is asking you to push a button about every 1.5s, hardly a feat. I spam abilities as GCD is about to end just to keep my APM up so i don't fall asleep.

Awh when did they do that? Haven't been on in a while.

Yeah I was just being sarcastic. It's not that hard to hit a free ability. Not sure why he wants to rid it.

Edited by Heathenblood

Regardless auto attack is pointless considering most classes only us base every 4-5 CD and Sages do not use it at all.

Hopefully a sage/sorc never uses his standard attack, considered it is melee ranged (4m) :)

Edited by Never_Hesitate

Hopefully a sage/sorc never uses his standard attack, considered it is melee ranged (4m) :)

They should have made the JC/SI's basic attack a tiny force project/shock, and made it have a range of 10, then if the player goes Sage/Sorc it gets increased to 30. Every other classes' basic attack is usable for any AC