Viable to level a toon purely through pvp?

Cosi

I'm thinking of leveling a toon purely through warzones once I get done questing on coruscant. Is there anything major I am missing out on other than light side and dark side points? I'll be questing on other toons and experiencing the story on those toons, just thought I'd try something different. I wouldn't be doing the pve endgame on this toon, just pvp (both warzones and Ilum).

Good to hear :) What level do I finish the class quest?

The class quest goes all the way to 50...

You could always go back and just run each planet just to see the class quest if you want to know the Story of it...

but you dont HAVE to do that quest...you dont HAVE to do any quest...

It slows down, experience gain increases with level but the curve ... well slows down. And overall unless your in a premade it's surprisingly slower than Questing. But it is viable if your up for the time sink and eventual boredom. Edited by Darkevilhum

The class quest goes all the way to 50...

You could always go back and just run each planet just to see the class quest if you want to know the Story of it...

but you dont HAVE to do that quest...you dont HAVE to do any quest...

Yea this pretty much, you will miss out on companions and gear from rewards and questing though I guess you could just buy it with your warzone reward money?

I think your best bet would be to simply PVP through the level range of a zone and then head to the zone and spend an hour or so doing the class quests for that zone, then rinse and repeat.

For Example:

Nar Shadda is levels 20-24 so you would pvp from level 20-24 and then when you hit 24, you head to nar shadda and do all your class quests at once.

Is there anything major I am missing out on other than light side and dark side points?

Pretty much the whole game.

Imo the games strongest pillar is the questing and story telling, pvp is pretty umch a "side" thing.

I'm thinking of leveling a toon purely through warzones once I get done questing on coruscant. Is there anything major I am missing out on other than light side and dark side points? I'll be questing on other toons and experiencing the story on those toons, just thought I'd try something different. I wouldn't be doing the pve endgame on this toon, just pvp (both warzones and Ilum).

Would not suggest it unless you dont want enjoy playing what you payed for.

According to the fanboys this game is about PvE and mass amount of voice acting so PvP will be on par with ship battles.

Edited by maximusedward

I think your best bet would be to simply PVP through the level range of a zone and then head to the zone and spend an hour or so doing the class quests for that zone, then rinse and repeat.

For Example:

Nar Shadda is levels 20-24 so you would pvp from level 20-24 and then when you hit 24, you head to nar shadda and do all your class quests at once.

I like that idea, although I'm tempted to wait a bit longer than that (maybe 30 to do the 20-24 zone?). I will be doing the quest on another toon of the same class, just a matter of whether to do the quest on both characters.

I say go for it man...but I will echo one thing someone else said...

EXP in warzones slows WAY down after the 30's.. 1-20 will go really fast, 20-30 goes ok...but after 30 and ESPECIALLY after 40 the exp takes FOREVER with Warzones, especially if your losing (Since they nerfed Losing rewards)...

For perspective that guild I was telling you about is pretty hardcore they play almost all day long...

Well I was low 30s when they were upper 30s...They are now all 43 and I am about to hit 47...

There is a large difference in EXP gain from Questing vs. PvP