Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Operation Victory Tournament - *Cancelled*

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Operation Victory Tournament - *Cancelled*
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TrigPt
02.23.2015 , 08:19 PM | #41
The bugs are a good thing it adds an element of randomness. Otherwise they should just give the money to Zorz and save us all a bunch of time.

The fact that its competitive PVE is a joke. Just ditch PVP from the game and have done with it. I guess ESL looked at arenas and laughed so Bioware sold them on speed runs of faceroll content for top guilds instead.

8v8 GSF would have been a better format than speed run SM ops.

Not to dig up the dead again, but if they'd done this when we had 8v8 ranked PVP.

Projawa
02.23.2015 , 09:12 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by TrigPt View Post
Not to dig up the dead again, but if they'd done this when we had 8v8 ranked PVP.
Pretty much

carlykupsbailey
02.23.2015 , 09:38 PM | #43
My only question would be about the rules regarding group members.

Can each person only be in one group?

I'm only asking because many members of my guild, including myself, raid in many groups with different guilds. I would guess that only being in one group would make sense, but BW doesn't always do things that make a whole lot of sense.
** Mai **

Mercenary Heals | Operative Heals | Sorcerer Heals

Ex-YES Officer, Ex-GM of The Pants Party

zargonei
02.23.2015 , 09:52 PM | #44
All I am gonna say is this is the first time I feel BW is hyping this game in about 2 years. Sure Cora can be buggy at times. And lurker well I have not seen it bug once since the fix. And even if you get a red cross good teams survive it. So why cant we enjoy this for what it is a competition to see who can bring the best ideas forward combined with good dps. This is not all about winning its about enjoying and seeing how far you can take it with your guild. Again awesome idea BW. But lets make sure we get a PvP tourney Next with some new maps cauz that would be more the SWTOR we all want to see. One that engages the community and keep us wanting more.

-ducks

funkiestj
02.23.2015 , 10:00 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
I'm thinking that this might be a nice competition for them, but what about the other 95% of players?
Do you get mad when it is someone else's birthday, they get presents and you don't? Today is not your birthday.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

Dysfunxtional
02.23.2015 , 10:04 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by TrigPt View Post
/5char

blackopsranger
02.23.2015 , 10:20 PM | #47
so you said thats through esl im assuming then that it will require us to have an account there as well?

BurnedRemains
02.23.2015 , 10:47 PM | #48
Neat! A tourney for.......pve. Oh thanks. They must know that pvp is dead and rotting in this game.
| Burned Marauder |

idnewton
02.23.2015 , 11:26 PM | #49
I like the idea, but again, right after the gear exploit which wasn't reversed like you claimed it would be?

This competition will be determined by who abused the exploit the hardest without getting ban hammered.

Great idea, terrible execution. You should have waited til the next tier of gear.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 24
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +31,000
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Negative language gets you disqualified? Oh I'm sorry, please wait while I contact your local 'safe space'

LosevV
02.24.2015 , 12:08 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by funkiestj View Post
Do you get mad when it is someone else's birthday, they get presents and you don't? Today is not your birthday.
Birthday and reward for hardcore PVE player that completed HM version of this ops (Ofc all winner will be in full 198) a little different thing. Why Bioware created that contests if its oblivious that hardcore guild like Zorz or hardcore raid will win no matter how hard trying other people.
In my opinion more better if they add mirror instance let's call it "Time-run instance" so when raid-leader click "Time-run mode" everyone enter to instance and they get bolster to full 198 gear.