Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Operation Victory Tournament - *Cancelled*

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Operation Victory Tournament - *Cancelled*
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

theSCARAYone
02.23.2015 , 06:34 PM | #31
This is really cool, I love this. As far as people for the Star Wars Celebration Guest, would it be one person? How would you go about selecting the person out of the 8 person ops group?
The Harbinger - Aggressors Legacy
Give me Pets! (Referral Link)

Atlanis
02.23.2015 , 06:44 PM | #32
Seems interesting, nice work.

Still I would like you to adress Class Balance concerns

LadyVix
02.23.2015 , 06:52 PM | #33
Well, well, well, now all the unpunished exploiters who kept their ill gotten gear will have an advantage over others.

GG Bioware, you fail once again.
Free Character transfer! Click ====> http://www.swtor.com/r/8lY8m5

Icykill_
02.23.2015 , 07:02 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

BioWare is partnering with ESL to host our first ever “Operation Victory” tournament. It is a contest to “speedrun” our 8-man story mode Operations from Shadow of Revan. We wanted to give you about a week’s notice so you have time to get your teams together and establish your strategies.

We will announce all of the details within the next week but here are some of the key pieces of information:
  • The competition will be team based and all Operations run will be 8-man story mode
  • The qualifying heat will be one week – starting next Tuesday
  • The entire tournament will run over a few weeks with you submitting your timed runs to ESL
  • The best teams of the qualifying round will advance to the final round – winners based on details we’ll provide
  • There are some serious rewards up for grabs including, but not limited to, cash prizes for the top two teams, in-game items, and even a trip to be our guest at STAR WARS: Celebration!
Look for another post within the next week detailing everything about the contest. I know many of you will be showcasing your practice, and real runs, on Twitch. I will make a separate thread closer to contest where you can post your twitch channels along with dates/times! I am looking forward to seeing all of the great Operations runs.

Thanks everyone.

-eric
It would be good to have something similar for the pvp community
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

Icykill_
02.23.2015 , 07:03 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyVix View Post
Well, well, well, now all the unpunished exploiters who kept their ill gotten gear will have an advantage over others.

GG Bioware, you fail once again.
It's story mode... Not much of an advantage at that LVL
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff

blackopsranger
02.23.2015 , 07:29 PM | #36
it should be based on each server with at least 4 imp and 4 pub teams advancing and yeah you can give "cash" prizes to the top 2 overall but you should also give something to the top imp and pub teams on each server so that everyone has a fair chance based upon the skill pool of that server. There should also be something nice just for participating.

Projawa
02.23.2015 , 07:38 PM | #37
One of the bosses is bound to bug out during a timed run leading to Deflategate style controversy over tainted results.

BrianDavion
02.23.2015 , 07:45 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
Well on my server there are a handful of guilds that always get server firsts and do everything HM before the rest have cleared SM.

I'm thinking that this might be a nice competition for them, but what about the other 95% of players?

I mean I don't see how anybody would beat these teams especially when they have multiple alts all geared up to have multiple attempts...

Just too bad most of us won't ever get near these "serious rewards" but it's probably a good way to advertise the game a bit more.
Yeah, this is gonna be a joke.

bighairymonster
02.23.2015 , 07:55 PM | #39
so many people on my server dont even do the new ops because of the bugs . try finding a group on the progenitor , not many , try finding one out side of a raid guild ... pug run you say ? ive seen it being advertised twice in one week .. such wow . much raiding

idnewton
02.23.2015 , 08:17 PM | #40
Can I just say that you guys literally have the worst timing ever? Out of every gear tier we've ever had, you chose the single one which was ruined by a gear exploit? You didn't take away the exploited gear, that's common knowledge. So, let me get this straight, you're giving out CASH PRIZES to the exploiters? If I was as fickle as half the other people on these forums, I'd unsub right now.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 24
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +31,000
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Negative language gets you disqualified? Oh I'm sorry, please wait while I contact your local 'safe space'