Low Slash in PvE priority system as a dps skill

Mafusail

Huh?

Buff it's damage, make saber throw animation in melee range, leave incapacitating for standart/weak enemies. Otherwise in PvE it's a useless skill, nobodie's using it outside of "Wops, boss was kited to the other side of the room while i was looking at my quickbars..."

C'mon, everybody love saber throws! All warriors have them, why can't we? :)

Not every skill is meant to be super useful for PvE or do high damage. There are plenty of more PvP-focused skills on different classes - anything that applies Trauma, Leg Shot on Sniper and so on. Even Phase Walk is "useless" in PvE the same way Low Slash is.

If you are calling Low Slash useless, are all control skills in PvE useless as well? Seems like you have never done anything like Master chapters or more challenging flashpoint/ops fights.

Easy example, bonus boss in Traitor among the Chiss Master Mode. There is no better class than Deception sin to deal with the droid. I alone can interrupt 95% of it's casts, mostly because of Low Slash. All the easiest kills on that boss that I had were with me on Deception sin.

Deception has always been positioned as a control-heavy class, Low Slash is it's trademark ability.

Edited by Equeliber

Not every skill is meant to be super useful for PvE or do high damage. There are plenty of more PvP-focused skills on different classes - anything that applies Trauma, Leg Shot on Sniper and so on. Even Phase Walk is "useless" in PvE the same way Low Slash is.

I was talking about dps side of abilities.

1) Phase walk gives an instant 3 stacked Discharge. It's the opposite of useless.

2) Low Slash is the only core spec skill (if im not mistaken, i have mara/jagg/sniper/sorc/sin) from advanced classes that i have, that is not a dps skill. Jagg has vengeful slam, it's not a solo taget, but it's a heavy aoe one. It's "just" an interrupt. Yes, it is usefull in SOME cases, but it's the only skill that doesnt give you (and actually lowers) your dps.

Seems like you have never done anything like Master chapters or more challenging flashpoint/ops fights.

My The Unyielding (8ppl) and The Infernal (16ppl, flawless) titles, 8- and 16-ppl Kephess EC Master Mode are saying hello. Other titles i dont have only just because i didnt have a raid group skilled enough to raid 3 times a week and kill other NiMs (Draxus only :( ). Ahh, sweet times when the hardest boss in EV were the pyramids b'cuz they were bugged a f*ck and you were lucky when one of three attempts was clean.

Do not be a snob.

Easy example, bonus boss in Traitor among the Chiss Master Mode. There is no better class than Deception sin to deal with the droid. I alone can interrupt 95% of it's casts, mostly because of Low Slash. All the easiest kills on that boss that I had were with me on Deception sin.

My number 2.

Deception has always been positioned as a control-heavy class, Low Slash is it's trademark ability.

That's highly subjective though. Deception on release was some kind of a mix of backstabber, focused on Maul and a melee-caster. It ofcourse shifted alot since the release state, now it's more like saber-swinging lightning helicopter. That's i think the only class that's philosophy shifted that much and i love both sides of the coin.

Summarising:

This skill has the beautyful animation.

It is the one that is not a dps core skill.

HIGHLY situational, but very useful when it is useful. ABSOLUTELY useless in all other sutiations.

Warriors use the same skill in their dps rotations.

It really could be way more useful overall.

And i'm not even talking about spike :D

Edited by Mafusail