Let us kill Ashara

TGaP_Andrey

You do realize I was asking about Sorcerers specifically and codex entry you quoted was written back in the times when there was an actual Inquisitor class (i.e. it's just about game mechanics, not an actual lore and how it is in a galaxy far, far away) which also was, in fact, just a precursor to Assassin, definitely a much more combat-orientied class?

My Sorcerer always brings Khem on the battlefield.

With his lighting and the big monster following him, there unstoppable, even if the Sorcerer totally sucks at lightsaber fighting.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Sorcerer always brings Khem on the battlefield.

With his lighting and the big monster following him, there unstoppable, even if the Sorcerer totally sucks at lightsaber fighting.

The Ancient Sith also used Sorcerers as part of frontline tactics. The sight of an enemy weaved and wielding destructive strands of dark energy was part of psychological warfare and Sorcerers could wreak havoc on the enemy from afar.

I think a Sorcerer would work quite well on the frontlines in the war against the Republic. Especially seeing as that's where the Jedi would be too. And wherever a Jedi goes, there always will be a Sith to meet them with a drawn blade... especially in this era of Star Wars :)

Is it really true? Are you sure, you 'member correctly? I just don't member hearing someone pointing that out in the story.

I had a very big problem with RPing my Sith Sorcerer in a game that is all about frontline combat - it didn't really seem to me adequate for someone in a ceremonial robe and with a limited lightsaber proficiency to actually engage enemy troops and all that.

But if what you saying is true than it's a big relief to me for sure!

Ah, found it! There is a codex entry about Museum of Corellian Industry, where it is said, that Thanathon personally eradicated all Republic forces stationed there to made the museum his personal base on the planet in secrecy.

Ashara most certainly does think you are going to change the Sith even on a dark Inquistor she comes out and says it.

How she got that notion I have no idea. Every option she's seen him make was darkside. He was even going to let her ancestor's ghost kill her since she had served her purpose.

We can ALL understand why people should be allowed to kill Quinn. Skadge. Tanno Vik. Rusk. Maybe even Doc. Now why should Ashara be on that list? Give me a reason.

Actually, no we can't ALL understand why people should be allowed to kill any of those, except maybe Skadge. Quinn's betrayal was over seven years ago and he was forgiven then. His death is nothing but fan service. Killing Vik or Rusk is again, spurious. There is absolutely zero reason to kill Doc beyond him irritating some people. So if irritating some people is enough of a cause to warrant killing a companion, well then, there is your reason to kill Ashara. She's very irritating. But the main reason, which has been brought up repeatedly, and repeatedly ignored, is that during her alert she behaved in a way that would never be tolerated by a dark side Sith. Keeping the integrity of the story for their characters is important to many people. If they writers didn't want to offer a kill option for Ashara, they shouldn't have written her return in such a that half the players would want to kill her. :rolleyes:

Actually, no we can't ALL understand why people should be allowed to kill any of those, except maybe Skadge. Quinn's betrayal was over seven years ago and he was forgiven then. His death is nothing but fan service. Killing Vik or Rusk is again, spurious. There is absolutely zero reason to kill Doc beyond him irritating some people. So if irritating some people is enough of a cause to warrant killing a companion, well then, there is your reason to kill Ashara. She's very irritating. But the main reason, which has been brought up repeatedly, and repeatedly ignored, is that during her alert she behaved in a way that would never be tolerated by a dark side Sith. Keeping the integrity of the story for their characters is important to many people. If they writers didn't want to offer a kill option for Ashara, they shouldn't have written her return in such a that half the players would want to kill her. :rolleyes:

If I could get only one kill option in the class story, it would be Skadge. I wanted to shoot him the moment he opened his mouth.

This.

Killing Quinn right after the Quinncident would make sense, killing him nearly a decade after the fact doesn't. And if what happens on Iokath is enough for a kill option, then Dorne should've been given one as well, as they behave the same. And idk how Dorne reacts in the end for a trooper who sides with the Empire before Malcom dies, but Quinn does side with a pub siding Warrior against Acina when she decides to use the throne and she throws him on a wall for that.

Killing Kaliyo when she sells IA's secrets would make sense, but killing her during KOTFE, makes quite little sense.

Killing Skadge, yeah that makes sense. Well at least he approves when you're mean and insulting to him

As for Vik, i'd gladly have him kicked out of the army, but killing him doesn't fully make sense either, unless you're a crazy "kill everything" kind of DS Sith.

Rusk, i never understood what he was doing on my JK's ship, but he never did anything deserving a kill option.

Doc is annoying and would clearly deserve a few dirtykicks, but again, he doesn't deserve a kill option.

And if Xalek can get a kill option for being disrespectfull to the SI during his AA, there's no reason Ashara should not be granted a kill option as well when doing the same thing to the same character...

Edited by Goreshaga

This.

Killing Quinn right after the Quinncident would make sense, killing him nearly a decade after the fact doesn't.

It makes perfect sense, he betrays you again, how many times would you let someone away with betraying you?

It makes perfect sense, he betrays you again, how many times would you let someone away with betraying you?

1st he acts like this ONLY if your SW sides with the Republic, if not then there is no acting against you.

Then, he still sides with you against Acina even if you openly go against he Empire and before she sits on the throne.

Don't forget too that he spent several years in an imperial jail for refusing to stop looking for the SW when he was ordered to.

But if it's fair to consider it a betrayal, then Ashara not doing anything to help and then openly disrespecting the SI can be considered a betrayal too, especially when she demands to be your equal when she's done nothing to deserve that right. And with everything she knows about the SI, it's absolutely not logical for a DS SI to let her go. And having your character simply watching her walk away is insulting.

And back to Xalek, if he deserves a kill option for going against the SI while trying to avenge the desecration of his father's grave, then why should Ashara be able to walk away when she clearly doesn't show more respect for the same character ? It is inconsistent for the same character to act differently in similar situations.

If they didn't want to give a kill option to her, then they should've made her AA differently, not giving any reason to want a kill option on her.

I just wish we could abandon any AA we don't want to do, because there's no way i'll play her AA with my Nox. But not doing it, i'll forever see that silly flashing icon...

Edited by Goreshaga

Yes! She wants to return as my equal?! Get the **** out of here! I hate how my Inquisitor just stands there as she walks away.

^+1, Signed, OP. How dare she?! >:I

She doesn't want to get in line, while treating us like a chump. HOW DARE SHE?! >:i Like I'm just going to sit there and let this unruly ungrateful no name egomaniacal hack dress me down! Tau Adair, and woken Ashara - great idea to p*ss off the men (the ones that aren't weaklings) in this game with these inept tyrannical woken butch failures. "I like them young, dumb, uninhibited and ambitious (*sarcasm)."; moreover, "I'll come up with all the ideas. And you can take credit for all of my brilliance." - Paul Heyman. Lana, Kara, Jaesa, Elara, Nadia are way better looking and have a way better attitude: time to trade up.

"There was one thing I wanted to tell you , since you returned. Goodbye, [Ashara]!"

oI-< ----------------------->O

(Ashara------------------->*airlock)

(preferably take that Medusa out like Anakin did to Count Dooku, have to make sure)

Edited by Willjb

My main has always been an inq, and I always felt like it was wrong to not be able to turn Ashara to the dark side, especially as she was the only romance option for a male inq. Playing a DS Inq and having a LS companion was just jarring. I do agree should have had the option to kill her on the reunion, or force her to join if you wanted, there is NO WAY a DS inq would have let her stand up to him/her like that.

And if Xalek can get a kill option for being disrespectfull to the SI during his AA, there's no reason Ashara should not be granted a kill option as well when doing the same thing to the same character...

And there it is. Ashara should have been handled exactly the same way that Xalek was.

Xalek's kill option only makes sense if you're a DS Jedi, because he's otherwise a completely perfect companion. You tell him to clean the ship....he clean the ship. Kill your enemies? He does that too. No argument, no backtalk, no attitude.

Now that I think on it, Valkorian refers to Ashara as "The Corrupted Jedi". Which tells us everything we need to know about what the writers think.....And how little they understood about the relationships between the Inquisitor and her apprentices.

As a rule, I disapprove of kill options for characters because it means we will NEVER see significant content for them ever again, but if they allowed it with Xalek, they should allow it with Ashara. I dislike double standards, and this is a big one.

But here’s a downside if they do add in the option: it will likely be far less fitting than the moment Ashara stood up for herself. It will, very likely, end up dumb and delayed and honestly probably really random, like many of the other kill options are. The moment to kill her passed by already (unless they put some effort into writing, but given how much attention they give old companions, LOL)

Why not? DS doesn't have to mean ego maniacal, lightning throwing crazy.

Look, it's fine for you to play a DS SI who may have a soft spot for her, but it's also fine for others to play crazy DS SI who want to kill everything or more pragmatic but still DS SI who see her as a dead weight that would be more dangerous to be left roaming the galaxy than dead.

Also the double standart is annoying. Somehow it seems fine to ask for the head of a male companion / LI but if you ask the same for a female companion LI / you're some kind of monster...

Xalek can be killed for standing up trying to protect his father's grave, but Ashara can't for standing up for herself.

There were people asking for Koth's head because he dared speak up his mind and be unhappy when the PC was murdering Zakulan civilians when HE refused to kill imp/pub civilians (and that was before he left with the Gravestone), and giving him a kill option effectively removed him for pretty much everyone seeing that he was nowhere to be seen when the Gravestone exploded, even for character who didn't kill him...

But wanting Ashara's head when she dares demand to be treated as the PC's equal when she clearly doesn't deserve it and is already not part of the main storyline whiich if she got a kill option would not change anythig for people who want to keep her, is somehow silly...

Edited by Goreshaga

Look, it's fine for you to play a DS SI who may have a soft spot for her, but it's also fine for others to play crazy DS SI who want to kill everything or more pragmatic but still DS SI who see her as a dead weight that would be more dangerous to be left roaming the galaxy than dead.

Also the double standart is annoying. Somehow it seems fine to ask for the head of a male companion / LI but if you ask the same for a female companion LI / you're some kind of monster...

Xalek can be killed for standing up trying to protect his father's grave, but Ashara can't for standing up for herself.

There were people asking for Koth's head because he dared speak up his mind and be unhappy when the PC was murdering Zakulan civilians when HE refused to kill imp/pub civilians (and that was before he left with the Gravestone), and giving him a kill option effectively removed him for pretty much everyone seeing that he was nowhere to be seen when the Gravestone exploded, even for character who didn't kill him...

But wanting Ashara's head when she dares demand to be treated as the PC's equal when she clearly doesn't deserve it and is already not part of the main storyline whiich if she got a kill option would not change anythig for people who want to keep her, is somehow silly...

Double standard from whom? Who is saying that you can't play a crazy, psycho DS Inq? if you had read the comment I was replying to instead of just jumping in with both feet and getting your panties in a bunch, you would have seen the other poster stated a DS Inq would not accept that behaviour from Ashara. I merely pointed out DS doesn't have to mean crazy psycho because being DS is not a qualifier for behaviour from a Sith.

Not that anyone needs my permission but please, feel free to play your character as you wish. I also don't believe I even commented on Ashara deserving (or not) a kill option. If this is false, please point it out to me.

Double standard from whom? Who is saying that you can't play a crazy, psycho DS Inq? if you had read the comment I was replying to instead of just jumping in with both feet and getting your panties in a bunch, you would have seen the other poster stated a DS Inq would not accept that behaviour from Ashara. I merely pointed out DS doesn't have to mean crazy psycho because being DS is not a qualifier for behaviour from a Sith.

Not that anyone needs my permission but please, feel free to play your character as you wish. I also don't believe I even commented on Ashara deserving (or not) a kill option. If this is false, please point it out to me.

From people being against kill options on female LIs while being perfectly fine with kill options on male LIs (or not Lis but it mostly applies to LIs as female comps are, except Senya and SCORPIO, they're all LIs), that is double standard.

If 2 characters behave pretty much the same way, they should face pretty much the same consequences for a same character, no matter their gender, and not have some kind of special treatment because they're female.

Thing is by not having a kill option on her, i can't play my character the way i want, because with the way the AA plays out, there is no way he'd let her go without killing her, and he'd certainly not stand there like an idiot while she proudly walks away...

If her AA was different my pov would probably be different, but it's not the case, and there, that option should've been there.

Edited by Goreshaga

Your comment is just sexiest and your points are incoherent. You automatically - assumed - "crazy pyscho" as the only motive and ran with it, uh yeah, what's the matter with you? It doesn't seem like you went through the storyline, like with the Alliance Commander. You insulting others isn't going to add any sense, something you lack, to what you're spewing.

Your comment is just sexiest and your points are incoherent. You automatically - assumed - "crazy pyscho" as the only motive and ran with it, uh yeah, what's the matter with you? It doesn't seem like you went through the storyline, like with the Alliance Commander. You insulting others isn't going to add any sense, something you lack, to what you're spewing.

What now?

From people being against kill options on female LIs while being perfectly fine with kill options on male LIs (or not Lis but it mostly applies to LIs as female comps are, except Senya and SCORPIO, they're all LIs), that is double standard.

If 2 characters behave pretty much the same way, they should face pretty much the same consequences for a same character, no matter their gender, and not have some kind of special treatment because they're female.

Thing is by not having a kill option on her, i can't play my character the way i want, because with the way the AA plays out, there is no way he'd let her go without killing her, and he'd certainly not stand there like an idiot while she proudly walks away...

If her AA was different my pov would probably be different, but it's not the case, and there, that option should've been there.

Are there not roughly the same amount of kill options for comps of either genders? I get not having the option means u don't get to play it out the way you want. BW pretty much made a rod for their own backs by introducing the kill option in the first place. There doesn't seem to be any method to which they allow what comps to be killed and what ones don't.

Samantha Wallschlaeger wrote Ashara and much of KotFE. KotET and Onslaught,

In a interview in 2018 she was out-lining her views on romance and this is why Ashara is as she is.

"An NPC-player romance arc is always going to be a form of escapism, but I don’t think it has to give players absolutely everything they want. It’s important for me to follow a character’s truth, and really dig into the unique way he or she feels and expresses love. When I wrote Avela Kjar’s romance for Mass Effect: Andromeda, I knew that despite being kind and expressive, she would never allow herself to fully fall for anyone. And I stuck to that, even though it would mean letting the player down in the end. And that’s just it—it’s okay to break the player’s heart a little, if it makes for a better character experience. Injecting that kind of nuance into a relationship makes it feel more real, and lets the player become more immersed in the experience."

So because of her views on "romance" she destroyed the agency the player has in their own character whether they romanced Ashara or not to further her agenda.

And to push that further out, this is why we got Arcann

"That’s not to say I don’t use tropes when I write romances. I think they’re an excellent starting point—people like them for a reason, after all (enemies-to-lovers is my particular weakness). And in order to provide a new spin on classic tropes, you need to be a practiced study. I make a point to grill my friends and colleagues on why they enjoy particular kinds of romance arcs, and what they’d like to see done differently."

https://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/GregBuchanan/20180404/316142/How_do_you_approach_writing_romance_in_games.php

Are there not roughly the same amount of kill options for comps of either genders? I get not having the option means u don't get to play it out the way you want. BW pretty much made a rod for their own backs by introducing the kill option in the first place. There doesn't seem to be any method to which they allow what comps to be killed and what ones don't.

Female LIs : 13, counting DS and LS Jaesa as 2 separate LIs as while they start as the same person, in the end they're 2 different characters with different romance options (Kira, Nadia, Elara, Risha, Akaavi, Vette, both Jaesas, Ashara, Kaliyo, Raina, Mako and Lana)

Female LIs who can be killed : Kaliyo and DJaesa + Vette but the player is not the one doing it.

Add Senya and SCORPIO but they're not LIs,

So there are 5 female comps, including 3 LIs who can be killed

Male LIs : 13 as well now that they added Khem, which is still really weird, and Scourge (Doc, Scourge, Felix, Aric, Corso, Malavai, Andronikos, Khem, Vector, Torian, Theron, Koth and Arcann)

Male LIs who can be killed : Aric, Malavai, Khem, Theron, Koth and Arcann + Torian who can be killed by Vaylin

Add : Vik, Xalek, Broonmark and Skadge (i don't know if Rusk can be killed as well in his alert or not though)

So there are 11 male comps who can be killed (maybe 12 if Rusk is killable as well), including 7 LIs

I do agree with you the option should not have been given in the first place, but as it's here, there's no reason for the female LIs to have a prefered status over the male LIs.