Musing on Crafting

Necodreus

Hit 50 a lil ago and been doing some armormeching (yes right now not really worth it but MMOs always change so someday it will be worth it lol). While trying to get a something RE'd I was just twisting things in my lil old brain, and wanted to share... sorry lol :D.

My biggest pet peeve in most mmo crafting tends to be that everything is staggered at different lvls for the same armorset. Now i see the point in seperating it like that but, I really dislike that a set that looks good all together is spanned across 6 or so lvls before you start to bring in other pieces so you never get to look complete. This game is even worse on that because there is no ryhm or reason to the lvls you actually get said pieces. With the mod system you can look how you want so why not make the items from crew skill recievable all at once, then just stagger all the sets, or at least break it to two batches 3 pieces every few lvls.

Then add in mods, oh boy, now you can keep something for you from 1 to 50 but every few lvls now have to change 3 items out of everypiece of armor. Im a simpler kinda guy i just want to change my armor as i lvl and look complete, what is that 12 spots or so? but with mods its now 21 mod spots on the toon alone plus the extra pieces. It drives me insane lol.

Im all for variety but what about armor that is competitive with the mod system that isnt quiet as much of a headache to get around? Took me 2 hrs to figure out the mods i needed for all the oranges I found. Lastly hopefully 1.2 will make something like this more viable but since it seems the mod system more the bread and butter of the system to achieve optimal stats, the RE'd stuff to purple will end up not as good as good ol static armor and will be irrevelent so why really even have it in the game, except it seems bracers and belts..

Bags nothing is ever easy

Ghrunn Felshard, 50 DS Vanguard

Corellians Run, Order of Methedras

LOL I have to agree.

Want to keep your gear up-to-date? You're gonna have to swap out +/- 20 mods from your armor/weapons. Sometimes while leveling it's just easier to slap on a green than it is to update your gear. On top of that you have a companion or two to think about. I use a healer and a dps. So there's another +/- 40 mods. Sixty-mods to keep track up and update?? Ouch!

Not meant to be a whining or QQ post/response. Just an observation. I still enjoy the game and look forward to many updates and improvements to come.

LOL I have to agree.

Want to keep your gear up-to-date? You're gonna have to swap out +/- 20 mods from your armor/weapons. Sometimes while leveling it's just easier to slap on a green than it is to update your gear. On top of that you have a companion or two to think about. I use a healer and a dps. So there's another +/- 40 mods. Sixty-mods to keep track up and update?? Ouch!

Not meant to be a whining or QQ post/response. Just an observation. I still enjoy the game and look forward to many updates and improvements to come.

Yah, when I posted had just thought about the Crew, at least at 50 you have the time to deck them out. Definately not while lvling. I wasnt QQing either, just was pondering that which is our craft system. I love the options it provides and the depth the RE system is pretty cool, and awesome foundation to build on once its a lil more balanced, just hope static armor thats nearly as good part of that.