Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game is too easy, boring.

robertthebard
05.27.2019 , 03:20 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Cont'd

6. Tie both hands behind your back and play the game using your nose on the keyboard.
Cont:

7. Stop running the starter planet heroics complaining about "too easy".
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
Also, just a small point. Why should anyone who plays this game exclusively for any particular type of content, have to run a different type of content just to earn gear? What is that attitude all about?

cibacrome
05.27.2019 , 05:00 PM | #12
This is not an RPG. This is not an RPG. This is not an RPG. Stop playing story mode if you want challenge.

TOR, like other MMO's, is an ongoing, expanding (glacially in this case lol) game, and at some point leveling needs to compensate so nubs aren't stuck out of endgame, where EVERYBODY ELSE in game is, for unreasonably long periods of time.

If you think the game is easy, time to join an HM or NiM operations team. And if NiM is easy, I guess you've got the timed run achievements for Valley of the Machine Gods NiM? No? There ya go, you can thank me later!! XDDDD

IoNonSoEVero
05.27.2019 , 06:59 PM | #13
It probably would be best to have a toggle for story and master modes for the class stories and planets, just like they did with KOTFE and KOTET. But the game isn't "easy and boring" for everyone. and I suppose one of the issues is that you have one game trying to cater to very different player types. There are plenty of people playing who are here mostly for story and environment and not to be an endgame raider or ranked PvPer, and sweating through every boss encounter in the class stories isn't appealing.

As others have said if you find it too easy there are steps you can take to make it harder for yourself. Don't get the datacrons. Keep your companions low influence or keep them on passive. Get the White Acute Module. Don't gear up. Don't use all your abilities or heals. Try the flashpoints and uprisings that are not intended for solo players. There are certainly ways to challenge oneself.

Damask_Rose
05.27.2019 , 07:22 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by robertthebard View Post
The problem that I have with threads like this in general is that, after the devs cave in however long it takes, the same people then come in and complain that it's now too hard to run that content, and it needs to be nerfed.
What on Earth makes you think it's the same people? I assume it's different people doing the complaining, but then I don't keep a list of who complains about what to track their feelings over time.

Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
It probably would be best to have a toggle for story and master modes for the class stories and planets, just like they did with KOTFE and KOTET.
That would have been a much better solution than what they did. The game used to be harder. Not hard, mind you, but harder. 4.0 they chose to make the core game as easy as possible. Some people love it that way and others hate it.

Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
As others have said if you find it too easy there are steps you can take to make it harder for yourself.
The problem with that is that it's counter intuitive. Every other game I've ever played, a central part of the game-play is trying to make yourself more powerful as you progress. Get the gear. Get the skills. Get the levels. This is the only game I've played where players need to focus on self-gimping and avoiding content to keep combat even slightly relevant. New and returning players who want a traditional MMO and not just an interactive movie get a bad taste in their mouths when they start playing and find the game is so easy that a cat rolling on the keyboard can complete most content. They aren't going to stick around long enough to reach KotFE with it's master mode.

Yeldah_
05.27.2019 , 07:45 PM | #15
Go and do some ranked pvp whilst playing from Perth Australia. Then tell us that the game is boring and too easy; you filthy casual.
APAC And Proud

robertthebard
05.27.2019 , 08:17 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
What on Earth makes you think it's the same people? I assume it's different people doing the complaining, but then I don't keep a list of who complains about what to track their feelings over time.

That would have been a much better solution than what they did. The game used to be harder. Not hard, mind you, but harder. 4.0 they chose to make the core game as easy as possible. Some people love it that way and others hate it.

The problem with that is that it's counter intuitive. Every other game I've ever played, a central part of the game-play is trying to make yourself more powerful as you progress. Get the gear. Get the skills. Get the levels. This is the only game I've played where players need to focus on self-gimping and avoiding content to keep combat even slightly relevant. New and returning players who want a traditional MMO and not just an interactive movie get a bad taste in their mouths when they start playing and find the game is so easy that a cat rolling on the keyboard can complete most content. They aren't going to stick around long enough to reach KotFE with it's master mode.
Because this isn't the first time, or the first MMO where I've seen this? I'm permanently banned from one MMO forum because "play a lower difficulty", while an acceptable response when people are trying to learn Elite quests, when it's turned on those that love to say it, they get extremely butthurt and whinge to the moderators.

When I felt like I needed a challenge back in the old days, I would solo FPs, there's nothing "counter intuitive" about that. There weren't any support droids, there weren't any healing consoles, either you could do it, or you couldn't. That's challenging, in and of itself, and doesn't require the devs to redesign story content to make it harder. Because we all know if it's just more HP, and more damage to the players, that's going to be "lazy" and "unacceptable". As I said, this isn't my first rodeo with this topic, and it's not the only MMO where it comes up.
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
Also, just a small point. Why should anyone who plays this game exclusively for any particular type of content, have to run a different type of content just to earn gear? What is that attitude all about?

IoNonSoEVero
05.27.2019 , 08:24 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
It might be, but as we've said, this is a game that has a lot of different player styles. There are people here who aspire to be NiM raiders and other people who want to play something more like a single-player story based game, and SWTOR does cater to both populations.

A traditional MMO enthusiast might come in here and be bored quickly, true. On the other side of the coin, a player who wants something like Mass Effect's story mode, and is attracted by the class stories, might also get a bad taste in their mouth and be driven from the game if it takes ten tries to get past every boss. Not everyone aspires to be a NiM raider, some people are more casual and just want the story and environment.

And while a player who wants a challenge can play the NiMs, solo MM flashpoints, do ranked PvP, disable their abilities artificially - and thus have more of the type of experience they want - casuals don't have the same flexibility. I they make the content much harder, a player who is finding it too hard really doesn't have any recourse but to walk away. I remember what happened when Copero was released and it was taking seven or eight minutes to kill some of the bosses, and the mobs were everywhere. A lot of people didn't find that enjoyable, they found it very stressful and unpleasant content to get through.

I fully support them adding a MM to the class stories and planetary stories so players can get the experience they want, but I can't support them making the content harder because then that imposes "hard mode" even on those who don't want it or can't play it.

TrixxieTriss
05.27.2019 , 09:47 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Cont'd

6. Tie both hands behind your back and play the game using your nose on the keyboard.
I can’t reach the keyboard with my nose cause my titts hit the desk

Templock
05.28.2019 , 12:04 AM | #19
So when did "get gud" turn into "get bad"?

SteveTheCynic
05.28.2019 , 12:55 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I can’t reach the keyboard with my nose cause my titts hit the desk
Move the keyboard to the edge of the desk. Problem solved.

Er, I'm assuming that you're talking about ... um ... chest assets, rather than small birds of the Paridae family.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.