Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game is too easy, boring.

OlBuzzard
05.31.2019 , 06:32 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Templock View Post
It's true though isn't it? Would story players prefer it if their were no hostile NPCs blocking them from their story progression? Or do story players actually enjoy the combat in it's current difficulty?
Both ? Neither ?

To tell the truth .. I think that most would not mind if the level of difficulty changed a little bit. As long as that situation did not see the pendilum of response swing too far over to the extreme.

I really don't see my self a s story player... but not going to an extreme where every mob is a nail bitting experience. The problem for some is that they really don't understand how to "pull" groups. Also... I've seen some areas where you don't "pull a part of the pack..." EVERYONE comes to dinner ! YIKES ...

IMO .. this is one subject that is as varried in opinions as there are players. Too easy ? Possibly. The early stages of the game... Probably not since that is where most new players are introduced to a new style of game play.

For example: How many moves or attack commands are there with an X-Box controller ? How long does it take to gain gear to take on Mobs ... enemy characters or even to do 1st person shooter groups. If I'm not mistaken there is not nearly as much time spent "collecting" as there is actually involved in "shooting" or playing. Yes, there are rewards along the way.. And there are achievement along the way.. BUT let's face it. The scale upon which this is done is totally different than an MMO... let alone by the time a player reaches ... umm.. say level 40 or 50 ..

Yes. Gaming has changed over the last few years. I remember my first games : The Mech Warrior series and as well my first on line game: SFC-2. Wow what a difference... Then I moved to NWN.. again what a major change. Then my first MMO... WoW Burning Crusade.. again what a huge change. So for me personally.. I have managed to adapt. But for the younger generation ... jumping from X-Box to a game like SWTOR is a big deal. Sooo yeah there has to be some adaptation and understanding along the way.

Change is inevitiable. Adaptation can be trying. Learnig is often an overlooked choice. Sometimes finding the choice that works for everyone is a difficult proposition at best.
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

robertthebard
05.31.2019 , 07:53 AM | #112
It's true though isn't it? Would story players prefer it if their were no hostile NPCs blocking them from their story progression? Or do story players actually enjoy the combat in it's current difficulty?
I'm sure there are some that do, just as I'm sure that there are some that would prefer a swtor movie instead of actually playing the game. For them, there is YouTube. The beginning of the game exists for two purposes, to propel you to end game as fast as possible, where the real game is played, and to tell you an entertaining story along the way. It's partly why they pumped up the xp rewards on the class story missions so hard. All along that curve, from literally level 10 on, there are things introduced to the player to provide some challenging game play.

There are FPs, there is PvP, which I think starts at 10, WZish PvP has never been my thing, so I'm unclear about the starting level, and then ranked PvP once you get to 25 Valor, I only know that because of a tooltip I'm getting all the time on loading screens. There are planetary heroics that can be middling challenging, if you're doing them at level, instead of with scaling, depending on the planet, anyway. Some are tons easier than others, but, they always have been, even back when people posting here would have considered the game harder than it is now.
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
Also, just a small point. Why should anyone who plays this game exclusively for any particular type of content, have to run a different type of content just to earn gear? What is that attitude all about?

IoNonSoEVero
05.31.2019 , 09:06 AM | #113
I doubt most story players would prefer it if there were no hostile NPCS or fights. I don't. I actually do enjoy the combat as it is now. I like swinging around a lightsaber. I just don't want the fights to require reviewing Dulfy or dying ten times to learn the mechanics, and I don't want the fighting to be such a hassle that it's not fun anymore.

The same way some people might enjoy taking a nice long walk but don't want to take a nice long walk up Mt. Everest.

TrixxieTriss
05.31.2019 , 09:32 AM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
The same way some people might enjoy taking a nice long walk but don't want to take a nice long walk up Mt. Everest.
LoL, that’s actually a good analogy