Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Galactic Command achievements to become unobtainable? Please give a proper solution

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Galactic Command achievements to become unobtainable? Please give a proper solution
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TheRandomno
05.31.2019 , 08:05 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Darevsool View Post
OP, I'm not completely understanding the issue.

Is it that there will be something else under achievements that reads "0/1" in your list that you won't be able to earn after 6.0?

Or is it something else?
No, my achievements will not be affected currently as I will be finishing the Command achievements before 6.0.
Unobtainable achievements list over 1000 points players can't get
Overall Achievements Leaderboard
Click for my referral link, you get some free stuff and so do I. (learn more)

EricMusco
05.31.2019 , 08:19 AM | #12 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRandomno View Post
I am proposing the following.

Either:
  • Rethink this decision. Keep intact the achievements of those who have already earned them, but for the future, rework the achievements so that they can be earned by obtaining a similar level of Galactic Renown.

or:
  • Properly archive these achievements. This means zero all points offered by the achievements and move them to a separate section.

Eric suggests they will be moved to a Feats of Strength section. We have little precedence for what this means. The only current Feats of Strength section (under the Legacy category of achievements) features one achievements worth 0 points which was limited-time (Play 2 Give 2018), and one achievement worth 100 points which is still obtainable.

Another case of archived achievements is the Dark vs. Light event. At first, everyone's progress on the achievements was reset, but the achievements remained. This caused great outrage and the eventual result was that the achievement progress was returned. Removing all progress from Galactic Command achievements is not a solution and I do not propose it.

Other evidence we have for the fate of archived achievements is Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace Nightmare Mode. These modes were removed in 4.0 and the achievements were moved to an Archived section in the Operations category. However, the points were retained so their move has effectively done nothing.

Please do not do the same to the Galactic Command achievements. There have always been unobtainable achievements in this game and it's possible there always will be. But I would not like to like to see the number increase when it can be easily avoided.
Appreciate the feedback here. Your second suggestion above is our intention. When we say moving to feats of strength we mean that the achievements will no longer be attainable and their value will go down to 0 points.

I hear your feedback as well that there is some inconsistency in how we treat the other archived achievements, the team is looking into them!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

TheRandomno
05.31.2019 , 08:23 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Appreciate the feedback here. Your second suggestion above is our intention. When we say moving to feats of strength we mean that the achievements will no longer be attainable and their value will go down to 0 points.

I hear your feedback as well that there is some inconsistency in how we treat the other archived achievements, the team is looking into them!

-eric
This is great to hear. I really appreciate the response.
Unobtainable achievements list over 1000 points players can't get
Overall Achievements Leaderboard
Click for my referral link, you get some free stuff and so do I. (learn more)

merovejec
05.31.2019 , 08:59 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Phazonfreak View Post
Are you serious right now?
I never moan about this game, I love it no matter what happens. Maybe I wrote it wrong, I just tried to explain how Bioware looks at the game. Its simple, they need to keep players busy for low costs. Thats what they always do and it works.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 68890

merovejec
05.31.2019 , 09:03 AM | #15
Well, as long as its achievements which you easily gain over time just playing the game its no big loss if they are reduced to 0 points.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 68890

CarlGustaf
05.31.2019 , 10:02 AM | #16

-eric
And with this, you can screw over some cheevo hunter over who did this grind only for the juicy points. Please consider to change them to achieve Galactic Renown Rank X (300 for example). So it's possible that everyone who joins the game during a later period can get the cheevos and everyone who did them before has a little headstart.

Thanks for rethinking it.
Natsu Dragonslayer Eideley
YOLO on T3-M4

Gimp aus Leidenschaft

jedimasterjac
05.31.2019 , 10:05 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by CarlGustaf View Post
And with this, you can screw over some cheevo hunter over who did this grind only for the juicy points. Please consider to change them to achieve Galactic Renown Rank X (300 for example). So it's possible that everyone who joins the game during a later period can get the cheevos and everyone who did them before has a little headstart.

Thanks for rethinking it.
Why should you get an achievement for completing a system in a game, after the game has removed this system?
Quote: Originally Posted by Grand Master Yoda
We are what they grow beyond. That is the burden of all masters.

CarlGustaf
05.31.2019 , 10:57 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by jedimasterjac View Post
Why should you get an achievement for completing a system in a game, after the game has removed this system?
because it's basically the same thing?
Natsu Dragonslayer Eideley
YOLO on T3-M4

Gimp aus Leidenschaft