Waves should have been on the hour...

kautostar

agreed.

My brother got access in the first wave.. he played normally and reached level 12 in 2 hours.

granted my brother has played ever major MMO, it doesnt mean he is a speed demon.. he watched the storyline, explored, etc...so 1st wave he was level 12 in 2 hours.. which put him ahead of other by roughly 45 minutes of gameplay.. a majority of people take their time.. some are just plain slow pokes...but 30 minutes head start is plenty for a starting area.. heck.. in RIFT and AION...servers and starting areas were jammed full of people.. but guess what.. people grouped and gamed together as a community instead of running solo.. not everybody likes to group which is fine.. but most of us are willing to group to get quest done. so overpopulated starting areas is not that big an issue..

Edited by lllbarcodelll

Right...because it only takes an hour to go through a starting zone....

My buddy Shift played 13.5 hours yesterday, doing all the missions and playing like a normal person would...he made level 15.

Most people will play at that speed, or slower really since he was beta tester for 3 months prior and knows where to go and exactly what to do already.

Every hour means flooding of starting zones, and that is one thing they want to avoid.

You can take it as an insult if you want, but you know nothing about this whole thing other than you aren't in the game. Do yourself a favor and be quiet, you are only proving your ignorance.

Peak load times are in the evening, when people get home from work and school and typically after dinner hours. Just because the invites go out, does not make everyone log in right then.

Release of access does not hit the servers until peak hours.

A bit of critical thinking would help you, if you tried it. Hourly release makes zero sense.

Peak load times are in the evening, when people get home from work and school and typically after dinner hours. Just because the invites go out, does not make everyone log in right then.

Release of access does not hit the servers until peak hours.

A bit of critical thinking would help you, if you tried it. Hourly release makes zero sense.

Last night disproved this statement. Please go away.

...every hour until everyone is. They claim to have shift patterns and people working 24/7 so how about they ACT like they are. This 4-5 waves over a few hours then silence is pretty lazy and unprofessional.

Actually, it's based on the expected distribution of their (supposedly primarily US) player-base. Last night when a lot of USers got off work they hit the servers. Bioware watched that and took it into account when they sized the waves today. The fact that you have not seen their numbers and the basis for their decisions does not mean that they are not there or that they are incorrect...

Shift work does not equal fully staffed at all hours of the day.

They do have people sitting around the servers just waiting in case something bad happens 24 hours a day. They do not have every single employee running around working 24 hours a day.

Precisely.

Like any and all tests, start slow, with low pressure and let it run for a while. After 24 hours, slowly increase the pressure and let it run again. If it fails, you will see where and why.

Going maximum power immediately is looking for trouble.

On a different note, curiously, everyone who has not yet received early access are the ones complaining... Funny thing that. :rolleyes:

Last night disproved this statement. Please go away.

Show me the stats. I also want to see stats on how it is better to flood a barely used infrastructure over steady controlled load balancing on a virtual machine farm. Show me.

Show me how it is better to hammer IOPS through a barely tested disk sub-system over steady ramp up while measuring IOPS and attempting to smooth out loads using cache heads via SAN or DB farm load.

Go ahead, I am waiting. Show me that bursting the load is better.