Bonus Wave (Do it for the community)

Xadd

First, I'm gonna say I didn't pre-order until last Friday, so I'm on the back end of the EGA list, which sucks, but hey, didn't have the money and was waiting until I did, which just happened to be then.

So, of course I won't get in today (unless by some random stroke of luck), but I feel there needs to be a bonus wave to give people in November and especially December hope. If the bonus wave takes care of at least most or all of October, well then November and December can be taken care of tomorrow easily. That will give AT LEAST everyone 5 days of EGA, making everyone hopeful. I know I'll be happy considering Thursday and Friday are the only days I can actually play this week before going on vacation.

So please BioWare, do a bonus wave today. Don't end it at the 4th wave prematurely. I know you're wanting to help the servers be stable (although with that many servers and the amount of people in...), but I'm sure the servers can handle the rest of October as well.

I didn't have any money on me personally (well I did at around my birthday but it was in cash, couldn't rely on myself to keep it in check until Dec. 20 what with Batman: Arkham City coming out and then a $100 Gift Card that was used for new furniture), so got it pre-ordered for me as a gift. I just feel like there should be a bonus wave today to at least clean up October so BioWare can fit in November and December tomorrow. Edited by Xadd

They should just let everyone in now. Its a no lose situation for them.

1) Servers stay stable and everyone is happy

2) Servers crash and they get to say "told you so"

^^ Agree... At this point, I really don't see the harm of just letting everybody else in. I understand why they're doing the staggered release, but if they've already given over half of the pre-order's access, I don't see the harm in opening the doors for everybody else. (of course i'm sure somebody will be happy to tell me about "the harm") ;-)

One small problem with the op.

Just because July is already done along with August and say most of September, doesn't mean even one more bonus wave will make October.

Let me explain why.

Pre orders grew depending on publicity, ofc when the game was first announced with a pre order date there was a surge of orders, then it might have slowed down a bit, ut the one huge problem people are forgetting, the majority of people would have only pre ordered after trying beta, which wasn't until much later.

So if you hoping November December will be slower than July/August, I would have to say you are sadly mistaken.

One small problem with the op.

Just because July is already done along with August and say most of September, doesn't mean even one more bonus wave will make October.

Let me explain why.

Pre orders grew depending on publicity, ofc when the game was first announced with a pre order date there was a surge of orders, then it might have slowed down a bit, ut the one huge problem people are forgetting, the majority of people would have only pre ordered after trying beta, which wasn't until much later.

So if you hoping November December will be slower than July/August, I would have to say you are sadly mistaken.

I was thinking about that considering the large amount of beta invites for general and weekend testing that occurred in October/November. Not to mention the release date was out like you said, so that does make it more than September. But as someone mentioned in a different thread, the spike in amount of pre-orders following the release date announcement was less than the amount of pre-orders following the day pre-ordering was available.

Then again, they could of been wrong too, and the spike was a lot more! Who knows, I'm just a geek sitting here hoping to get in before Saturday :p

Edited by Xadd

Hey, I can sign this. Its a rational post, not asking for the world here; just asking for a glimmer of hope. I agree, a bonus wave would go far in terms of giving hope to the November, December pre-orders for playing tomorrow.

Not only that, but it would allow me to play! :rolleyes: