Maintenance: November 8th, 2017

EricMusco

uh excuse me wrongo! I do have a right to be upset they said nothing about server merges in the maintenance announcement if they had done so maintenance servers and game update should have been performs and finished in the allocated and specified maintenance time frame. so don't go saying I don't have a right to e upset thiss is on b ioware and eas *** so get it right without giving us song and donce and extending maintenance to an ungodly time frame!

lol Um you need to learn to read. It's been known for months today would be server merges. It's been known for a LONG time that it would be a "minimum of 12 hours" also!

So no YOU do NOT have a right to be upset. If you need anymore clarification you need to go read the TOS & User Agreement you signed when you played. BWEA can take this game down any minute for any specified time & not give you anything because you don't own anything in this game. lol

And since you have so much time on your hands, you should use spell check. The red lines under the words that are spelled incorrectly can be clicked & fixed. ;)

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been reading and cant find an answer as to why all 5 servers say PVP. Why would they do that??

Again I don't play PVP.

if you payed attention friend they are servers that used to be pvp serversd. they never took the server types down. everyone has to toggle pvp so your non combative butt is safe.

I was aware of the merger last month. I'm also aware that the initial timeframe for the merger was supposed to be completed by 1 pm PST. Then we got the 6 hour extended maintenance time till 7 pm. I log on at 8 pm PST, and merger is still not complete. I understand that 'things happen,' but it would have been nice to be able to log in now....

What you are saying is pretty true. From what we can see, pretty much everything looks to be going well. We saw some possible issues with a handful of characters and so we are exercising a heavy dose of caution and checking into it before we open the flood gates.

Unrelated, I am seeing some questions about server types (PvE, PvP). Reminder that we no longer have server types, you can join the instance of your chosen gameplay type on any server. If you see those types noted somewhere that is in error and I will pass on that info to have it removed.

-eric

can we have a eta to when you would guess some servers will be able to be loged in to again? please

uh excuse me wrongo! I do have a right to be upset they said nothing about server merges in the maintenance announcement if they had done so maintenance servers and game update should have been performs and finished in the allocated and specified maintenance time frame. so don't go saying I don't have a right to e upset thiss is on b ioware and eas *** so get it right without giving us song and donce and extending maintenance to an ungodly time frame!

after a month long of facebook, twitter and log on screen messages about server merge today, if you didnt know it was a server merge thats your fault.

Why are all the servers PVP. I only play PVE. Are they trying to fore me to play PVP?? I do not want to PVP so what do I do now? All 5 servers are PVP

No they aren't, they no longer have PVE/PVP servers. You select what you want to play, and you are put in instances with players who are the same playstyle as you, but it's the same server.

look bioware all this maintenance crap should of been done and over with this mo9rning in the allotted 1zm to 1pm time frame that was givien this is total bs that we still can't even log into the game or our servers that we play on due to you there at ea and bioware taking your own damn sweet time!!

So, by your estimation, the time it is taking to complete this major server update is a result of them being lazy?

I was aware of the merger last month. I'm also aware that the initial timeframe for the merger was supposed to be completed by 1 pm PST. Then we got the 6 hour extended maintenance time till 7 pm. I log on at 8 pm PST, and merger is still not complete. I understand that 'things happen,' but it would have been nice to be able to log in now....

If you feel disappointed or whatever by all means go ahead. Don't let anyone on here make you feel bad for being disappointed. I don't particularly care either way. I just hope my creds are there and none of my characters get stuck anywhere.

Edited by Ackerprincess

Thanks for your hard work. Want to get back to playing, and a little antsy but (as a former systems administrator on a MUCH SMALLER SCALE THAN YOU) I understand what it takes to merge servers and deploy them out on a network. Continued success.

What a lovely community. If sending the complainers two quarters to rub together as a "refund" on their sub for the day would make them happy enough to shut them up, I'd suggest doing it. But unfortunatley, it won't. They will just find something else to be pissy about, *sigh*

@Eric Musco - There do not appear to be any PVP/PVE designations on the servers for me (and several others who have responded here likewise), hopefully that person is not trolling you guys and sending you on a goose chase to fix something that isn't even a "thing" after a long night/day/night again of hard work to make this all happen. Take care of yourselves, and hopefully you will see some sleep sooner rather than later. Cheers!

Been reading and cant find an answer as to why all 5 servers say PVP. Why would they do that??

Again I don't play PVP.

There is no longer any distinction between a PVE or PVP server. You decide if you want to be in a PVE instance or PVP instance. You will never see PVP if you choose the former (which I believe is the default).

1. Yes, we've all known for a while that server merges were happening today.

2. Yeah, it sucks that it's not done yet, but it's a massive pile of work to get done. Frankly we should be really glad that they're working so overtime to get it done, because they could've clocked out already and gone home and had dinner with their families, like we get to. If they clocked out without working overtime, this merge would take even LONGER. You should be thanking them.

3. It's a free game and you don't have right to anything unless you paid, and it's not like this only affects FTP players anyways.

4. This isn't an ungodly timeframe, this stuff takes so much more work than you or I will ever understand.

Like, if this is how you act towards people writing code for a VIDEO GAME then I'm terrified to hear what you may think about service workers, because DARN. I didn't think I was working a shift right now, but I guess I just clocked in at home.

I know I shouldn't feed the troll, but this is stinkin' hilarious.