My Juggern in 1v1 and in general

Jrheel

Hi, I bought the game about a week after its release, and never got to play the patch. In the time of waiting, ive heard all kinds of negativity about the Juggernaut. My heart was set on being one for about 2 years b4 the game came out, and when it came time to picking my advanced class, I thought twice about being a Maruder, but chose the Juggernaut still, and boy was i not dissapointed one bit.

This thread is mainly bout my experiences in 1v1 combat against another class; (which is the only type of combat that u dont get anything from, but to me, is also the truest form of ur character against another, wo warzone obstacles, and armor thats rated up to 49, etc..) But my experiences in PvE have been very positive and really easy, and i pvp- im not great, but i tend to bring home the mvp around 10-15% of the time from levels 11-49, and usually get 6-9 medals per match

Having said all that, ive kept track of every 1v1 match ive ever had, and the stats...

Against...

Marauders- 7-0

Assassins- 9-1

Sorcerers- 5-4

Mercenarys- 6-0

Powertechs- 1-1

Snipers- 2-0

Opertives- 2-2

TOTAL- 32-8

Out of 40 matches, my opponents were an average of 0.175 levels higher than me, bc a lot of people wont take the time to do it, unless their higher

My thoughts on Juggernauts and the different classes I went against- (Open to criticism and speculation. Thats what i want, and these are my opinions, and they come from my 1v1 experiences, reading up on them, my alternate characters, and my friend talking about his characters)

Juggernauts- Takes more skill than most-all the other classes, but worth it to me. Possibly the best class in the game at 1v1, but definitley takes skill in pvp, due to fighting from melee. Best defensive class in the game, lots of stuns(in immortal), and descent damage if you use rage bar right

Marauders- Though i was 7-0, each match was close, and i woulda lost 3-4 of them without endure pain. Imo, a very good 1v1 class, because it may be the class that does the most damage to 1 target. Their not designed to do a lot of damage to groups like a merc. Takes skill to use effectivley

Assassins- A nice, well rounded class, but to me, doesnt do any one thing spectacular. Takes more skill to use well than a sorcerer, but with some cool abilities. Not quite designed for 1v1 because of all the stealth abilities

Sorcerers- Great class. Had trouble against these. They do good damage against groups and single targets, have stuns, stun defense, and make great healers. Their flaws are light armor, and low hp, but they shouldnt do everything well

Mercenarys- Great class for taking out groups of targets, and do well in pvp, but their damage is not designed to do a lot to single, strong targets- like in 1v1 or against a strong boss. I absolutley destroyed these, without any trouble, every time. And it was satisfying, because of all the love they get on the forums

Powertechs- Only have a little bit less defense than the Juggernaut, yet do a descent amount more damage- and do it from range. Where Juggernauts gain the edge to me, is their stuns and the well planned use of their rage bar

Snipers- Only 2-0 against these, yet their matches were suprisingly tough. Good dps, a suprising amount of stuns, and their cover negates my force charge. But my damage reduction was too much, and once i got past their stuns, they got destroyed

Operatives- Probaly the best class against Juggernauts. Lots of stuns, but where they shine against Jugs is their stun resistance, which takes away a crucial advantage for Jugs, and their healing- which sucks because Jugs dont do a lot of damage to begin with. I was 2-2 against these, but pretty sure if i had more matches, i woulda came out the loser

Criticize away... Which im sure u will anyway

What?! Nerf Jugernuts!11!!

(ok , not really)

Anyway, I appreciate your post, but how many classes have you played? I think that gets to be the forgotten question. As you play the different classes, you start to know the ins and outs and really; all of the ones I have played give you plenty of opportunity to succeed or fail.

What level were you when you got the various kills you did? And what are you now?

For example if you beat 7 marauders in their 20s, I'd have to give you a big sarcastic clap. If you did that at 45+ though...I might be impressed (at least until I remembered the average marauder player).

Answering 2 questions,

How many classes have i played and what level am I- Played 3 different, Jug is my favorite, currently level 50

What level were the classes i played against- The average level of the class i played against was higher than mine, and i didnt start dueling until level 21. And all the classes i played against, i played against them at all levels. For ex. fought a marauder at 33, and fought another one at 49

• 3 weeks later...

*Breaths life into dying thread*

Just wanted to give people one more chance to criticize or analyze b4 i let thread die for good.

Spent a lot of time looking at negative juggernaut threads before rolling mine, and took the time to give a detailed positive thread after playing mine, so just wanted to give thread one more shot.

Any fellow positive experiences, criticisms, or opinions are welcome

Operatives don't have stun resistance, not sure what you mean by that.

That also looks much better than I do on Jugg vs. Mara/Sent. They usually destroy me and I can use everything. They simply have more defensive cooldowns to blow and heal back the dot damage on me that I cannot cleanse. Of course, in the lower brackets, you are probably trumping the ones without all the appropriate skills yet. That's my guess at least.

When i fought ops, especially one particular match at 45, i did about 6 attacks that shoulda stunned, and he resisted them all. So idk what happened/happens, but they resist my stuns.

And the marauder sentinels- i fought all over the spectrum. Fought some in my 20's, 30's, 40's. Had 2 matches at 49, so... But would have lost 3-4 of them without a last second endure pain. Simply had to many stuns and damage resistance for them, but they were all close matches despite undefeated record. They were much tougher than mercenary/commando's

Edited by Jrheel

From those statistics, its obvious that you either are not 50 or have not fought geared 50 opponents. Juggernauts and Guardians statistically have the weakest damage and defense of all the classes, and a BM Guard/Jugg versus nearly any other BM class is an almost guaranteed lose. The only real exceptions are sorcerers/sages, who we can sometimes pressure hard enough to beat the dps race against their dots.

Hi, I bought the game about a week after its release, and never got to play the patch. In the time of waiting, ive heard all kinds of negativity about the Juggernaut. My heart was set on being one for about 2 years b4 the game came out, and when it came time to picking my advanced class, I thought twice about being a Maruder, but chose the Juggernaut still, and boy was i not dissapointed one bit.

This thread is mainly bout my experiences in 1v1 combat against another class; (which is the only type of combat that u dont get anything from, but to me, is also the truest form of ur character against another, wo warzone obstacles, and armor thats rated up to 49, etc..) But my experiences in PvE have been very positive and really easy, and i pvp- im not great, but i tend to bring home the mvp around 10-15% of the time from levels 11-49, and usually get 6-9 medals per match

Having said all that, ive kept track of every 1v1 match ive ever had, and the stats...

Against...

Marauders- 7-0

Assassins- 9-1

Sorcerers- 5-4

Mercenarys- 6-0

Powertechs- 1-1

Snipers- 2-0

Opertives- 2-2

TOTAL- 32-8

Out of 40 matches, my opponents were an average of 0.175 levels higher than me, bc a lot of people wont take the time to do it, unless their higher

My thoughts on Juggernauts and the different classes I went against- (Open to criticism and speculation. Thats what i want, and these are my opinions, and they come from my 1v1 experiences, reading up on them, my alternate characters, and my friend talking about his characters)

Juggernauts- Takes more skill than most-all the other classes, but worth it to me. Possibly the best class in the game at 1v1, but definitley takes skill in pvp, due to fighting from melee. Best defensive class in the game, lots of stuns(in immortal), and descent damage if you use rage bar right

Marauders- Though i was 7-0, each match was close, and i woulda lost 3-4 of them without endure pain. Imo, a very good 1v1 class, because it may be the class that does the most damage to 1 target. Their not designed to do a lot of damage to groups like a merc. Takes skill to use effectivley

Assassins- A nice, well rounded class, but to me, doesnt do any one thing spectacular. Takes more skill to use well than a sorcerer, but with some cool abilities. Not quite designed for 1v1 because of all the stealth abilities

Sorcerers- Great class. Had trouble against these. They do good damage against groups and single targets, have stuns, stun defense, and make great healers. Their flaws are light armor, and low hp, but they shouldnt do everything well

Mercenarys- Great class for taking out groups of targets, and do well in pvp, but their damage is not designed to do a lot to single, strong targets- like in 1v1 or against a strong boss. I absolutley destroyed these, without any trouble, every time. And it was satisfying, because of all the love they get on the forums

Powertechs- Only have a little bit less defense than the Juggernaut, yet do a descent amount more damage- and do it from range. Where Juggernauts gain the edge to me, is their stuns and the well planned use of their rage bar

Snipers- Only 2-0 against these, yet their matches were suprisingly tough. Good dps, a suprising amount of stuns, and their cover negates my force charge. But my damage reduction was too much, and once i got past their stuns, they got destroyed

Operatives- Probaly the best class against Juggernauts. Lots of stuns, but where they shine against Jugs is their stun resistance, which takes away a crucial advantage for Jugs, and their healing- which sucks because Jugs dont do a lot of damage to begin with. I was 2-2 against these, but pretty sure if i had more matches, i woulda came out the loser

Criticize away... Which im sure u will anyway

Well writte nand all that but you los tme when you said assassins where not good 1 v 1...sir....I can think of only one class in this game tha tcan go toe to toe with a well played assassin.

Powertech/Vanguard. * due to the fact they can shield and still pump out tons of damage with armor missing abilities and can prevent others from kiting them and have no need to seriously * close the distance* like a Guardian does.

Their shielding and self heals along with plenty of instant utility and their being well above the line as far as damage is concerned....make them one of the hardiest 1 v1 s to ever take on..I assure you..if you think the class sucks then you have never seen one played correctly.

Juggernaught is one of the weakest classes one on one ingame...this is felt all around my server where many Guardians have rerolled or say they are planning on rerolling because its becoming unbearable.

* my level 24 Sentinel SOLOED a level 47 Juggernaught*

I've played several classes...and I would swear that hands down the Guardian/Juggernaught is the weakest i've played.

Well writte nand all that but you los tme when you said assassins where not good 1 v 1...sir....I can think of only one class in this game tha tcan go toe to toe with a well played assassin.

*snip*

Juggernaught is one of the weakest classes one on one ingame...this is felt all around my server where many Guardians have rerolled or say they are planning on rerolling because its becoming unbearable.

* my level 24 Sentinel SOLOED a level 47 Juggernaught*

I've played several classes...and I would swear that hands down the Guardian/Juggernaught is the weakest i've played.

I agree with the assassin statement. A PvP darkness/hybrid assassin can not be stopped by a Juggernaut 1v1. I am a War Hero so I have a bit of experience in Warzones. I've posted on the glaring OPness of Darkness assassins. They hit way too hard and have way too much healing. They can stealth and wait for more healing abilities to come off cooldown. force slow, force speed, some silly uninterruptable ability, shocks they can use from range, its just too much utility in one class.

Your second point however seems like noob talk. Juggernauts are far from the weakest class 1v1. I play immortal DPS and there are only 2 classes that can stop me and only if played well. The tank Assassin and the firefag Powertech. Other then that, equally geared I like my chances against every other spec. The Juggernaut you "soloed" was probably new. As a matter of fact, I would argue that he probably tried keyboard turning as you kept hitting from behind.

As a Vigilance Guardian i can´t beat Healer , Marauders and Tankassassins.

Assuming they are not undergeared or bad.

Today i attacked an Operative at the eastern Point in Alderaan and i got my 75k Medal

before i died.

Powertechs are usually a very hard fight.

Mercenaries are the easiest targets.

Edited by Sabredance

When i fought ops, especially one particular match at 45, i did about 6 attacks that shoulda stunned, and he resisted them all. So idk what happened/happens, but they resist my stuns.

And the marauder sentinels- i fought all over the spectrum. Fought some in my 20's, 30's, 40's. Had 2 matches at 49, so... But would have lost 3-4 of them without a last second endure pain. Simply had to many stuns and damage resistance for them, but they were all close matches despite undefeated record. They were much tougher than mercenary/commando's

Juggs don't have 6 attacks that can stun, first of all. You may want to get your facts straight before laying it out on the forums. I have a level 50 operative, and they cannot resist stuns, unless his resolve was full. He probably used his CC break on one of them as soon as you used it. I'm not sure if evasion can dodge any of them, as I usually save it to use with my combat stealth, but that only lasts 3 seconds.

Juggs don't have 6 attacks that can stun, first of all. You may want to get your facts straight before laying it out on the forums. I have a level 50 operative, and they cannot resist stuns, unless his resolve was full. He probably used his CC break on one of them as soon as you used it. I'm not sure if evasion can dodge any of them, as I usually save it to use with my combat stealth, but that only lasts 3 seconds.

I didnt say i have 6 attacks that are stuns, I said I did 6 attacks that stunned. In the immortal tree i put a skill point in the one that gives force charge a 2 second stun, and that was used about 3 times. So dont tell me I need to get my facts straight, if u have a question, just ask, instead of assume and being a little nasty.

I see a lot of love for darkness assassins here, maybe the assassins I fought werent darkness, because I usually stomped them. For the record, I have no idea what spec or gear any of the people I fought were. Didnt ask, and just recorded the result.

Back on topic, i see people's opinion's for different classes and how jugs in their servers get killed against this class and that- The classes I had trouble with were the Operative, Sorcerer, and Powertech, and somewhat the Marauder. But I still had winning records against those except for the Operative which was tied- but only 4 matches

Mercs, were the graviest to me, and Snipers werent that bad, but I had the least experience against Snipers. Like I said, Assassins were gravy too, but maybe they werent darkness, I have no idea

And IMO, Jugs are beast in 1v1. Damage resistance, stuns, and a well used rage bar trump what most classes can do and handle in 1v1 IMO. A lot harder in warzone pvp because of the melee factor(it's easier for ranged classes to group on a melee, than melee to group on ranged),- and because of the way people move around in pvp and how much of a clusterf it can be when ur right in the middle of it. One second ur attacking a character, the next u can't because he's too far away and u have to switch to another character, then turn to face him, just to keep ur attacks going

Edited by Jrheel

Who really cares what lowbies you stomped over in Tattooine?

At 50, you'll see those 1v1 stats against decent assassins/shadows and sents/maras flipped.

I dont totally disagree, I have experience in 50 1v1 pvp, but not enough to put a long post like this one. And at 50 I still usually win 1v1, but not like I did pre 50. And the thing about 50 is, it's much more gear dependent. If I dont have good pvp gear, and go against someone that has descent pvp gear, it doesn't matter what class they are- its a loss.

At 50 I havent lost to the gunslinger-sniper class yet, Marauder-Sentinels are 50-50 now, instead of undefeated, but I know that in a couple of my losses that they had better gear, because I figured out how to inspect player recently. And I still do good against Commando-Merc, but have lost once or twice there too

50 IMO is more about the gear than the class- but not quite experienced enough to post what class trumps what in equal gear. To me shouldn't change that much from pre 50 as it hasn't yet, but maybe I'm wrong. Im open to criticism

Who really cares what lowbies you stomped over in Tattooine?

At 50, you'll see those 1v1 stats against decent assassins/shadows and sents/maras flipped.

Took it a lot further than Tatooine, Tatooine was where I started, and there's only 2 matches outa 40 from there

You said you had 6 attacks that should have stunned without listing what you did in the fight. So what am I supposed to assume? I wasn't trying to be nasty or anything. I was just going off what limited info I had. If you have the stun charge, you are needlessly filling up the resolve bar everytime you use it, so it is possible they had too much resolve when you went to use your other stuns, hence making it look like they kept resisting.

I dont totally disagree, I have experience in 50 1v1 pvp, but not enough to put a long post like this one. And at 50 I still usually win 1v1, but not like I did pre 50. And the thing about 50 is, it's much more gear dependent. If I dont have good pvp gear, and go against someone that has descent pvp gear, it doesn't matter what class they are- its a loss.

At 50 I havent lost to the gunslinger-sniper class yet, Marauder-Sentinels are 50-50 now, instead of undefeated, but I know that in a couple of my losses that they had better gear, because I figured out how to inspect player recently. And I still do good against Commando-Merc, but have lost once or twice there too

50 IMO is more about the gear than the class- but not quite experienced enough to post what class trumps what in equal gear. To me shouldn't change that much from pre 50 as it hasn't yet, but maybe I'm wrong. Im open to criticism

A lot matters on the player.

For example, a champion operative played correctly can take out a battlemaster sorceror, though again, it depends on the sorceror in question, and how good he is with using his speed to create distance.

A champion tank assassin can take out a lot of other classes in battlemaster, but again that depends to a certain extent on player ability/knowledge. Force shroud in particular can just wreck people who aren't prepared for it.

1v1 isn't the be all end all of pvp, but a good tankspecced assassin is the best in this catagory, and as a class has a lot of useful utility, speed, grabbing people to drag into the fire etc.

Edited by CanisAquilus

I too would like to see the entire game balanced around unranked sub-50 1v1 PVP. /sarcasm

In all seriousness, don't take random PVP 1v1 as any indication of your skill, the abilities of the class or the balance of the game, especially sub-50 and especially when it's not high ELO-matched pre-mades going against each other.

I play both mara and jugg at 50.

As a jugg facing low expertise targets (aka pre-50, newly dinged 50s) jugg is quite beasty. However, facing a anni speced mara with full champ/bm gear u will get your face ripped apart.

As annihilation mara there is no possible way to lose against any kind of juggernaut when u start to reach the 600 expertise mark, everything becomes freekill except tank speced sins and descent snipers

Edited by Megatons

Those stats are flawed and completely wrong from a level 50's perspective.

I can say for sure that you will not beat a well played annihilation marauder. Whatever you say, unless they are just plain bad. Tank assassins / shadows or exploiting operative / scoundrels are also going to pick you apart.

The game is not at all balanced around 1v1 to say the least.

Those stats are flawed and completely wrong from a level 50's perspective.

I can say for sure that you will not beat a well played annihilation marauder. Whatever you say, unless they are just plain bad. Tank assassins / shadows or exploiting operative / scoundrels are also going to pick you apart.

The game is not at all balanced around 1v1 to say the least.

Everyone keeps saying comments like these, and im not as experienced at 50 then pre 50, but still not having a lot of trouble here. Still haven't lost to a gunslinger/sniper, or had trouble with an assassin, unless they are more geared then me. Marad/sentinel is more even now, but i know for a fact some of my losses came to better geared people, since i figured out how to inspect player. I currently have 8 centurion pieces, and 6 champion pieces on

Pvp at 50 is much more gear dependent, than class or player

And this thread is not about bragging about me, i dont think im a great player, nor do i intend to brag- it's about giving jugs some love which i believe they deserve and giving them a semi detailed thread to back it up. But bring on any buff too