Prestart biggest fail is this

AngelusVictor

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the long run no one will care that people other than them got the early access. I'm not in right now and I'm not happy about it but when I finally do get my feet wet in the glorious pool of awesome that is TOR all my cares about such things will melt away.

Besides the reward you get for those people getting in early is that you'll have that much less competition for those early starting zone quests when you do finally get in there.

"Regardless" or "irrespective". But not "irregardless."

You can thank me later.

Professor Kthx.

It's a good thing i wasn't trying to use formal english, otherwise i might actually have to thank you for pointing out something that was not incorrect. Just because the word is a logical absurdity in the english language doesn't make it incorrect.

Ok, I don't normally post but I felt compelled (not that it matters to anyone!). First off they have said from day one of them announcing the concept of Early Access that it was UP TO 5 days, that does not even imply who would get the full 5 days, then they added 2 more days to it! Consider yourself lucky to get in early at all! Not to mention, for those of you sitting in front of your Gmail, Yahoo or whatever email account you have, I hope you also read that you can try to log into the launcher to see if you're allowed in. My hubby got in today and he never got the email! He just got up really early this morning and logged in and BAM he was in. So stop complaining, learn some patience and remember, THIS IS A GAME!

YAY you sir are my new hero :D

What are you saying

I don't understand you

NO YOU CAN'T BASKETBALL IS A PEACEFUL PLANET

OMG the troof hurts

NO several servers went down que times in the hours terrible lag the whole first week. What the did provide other than major league boredom was a nice start with few bugs.

The OP made my head hurt :cool:

I think these are some of the funniest responses ever, you made my day even brighter. Thanx man, I laughed so hard it woke my wife and my kid up.

I disagree with some. I redeemed my code on 7-27 and have my email confirmation, but My account page says it was 8-1. I don't have a problem taking my turn, but there have been a lot of people stating that recent redemers are already playing. I feel screwed. Right or privilege is just symantics. I feel cheated by the fact that people who didn't care to buy or redeem until later are playing now. I don't want to hear about the developer's rights or what they owe or don't owe me. Bottom line is I am the consumer...the client, and I am not feeling good about how I have been treated. There has been a lot of 'cherry-picking' of testers and those enjoying early access. It doesn't inspire good will.

beta acces was compensated by giving all client on 2 or 3 last weeks an beta acces.... this is different sinds few gamers gain free days of real game acces. free days more then others.

EDITED: i should have ordered this game on january to fully gain what i payd for, now it is UNFAIR sinds some preorderers get more subscription days then other ones that olso preordered this game.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure when you pre-ordered, you paid for the game and not early access. Sure pre-ordering will gain you early access but you're paying just as much as someone who would buy the game in your area on the 20th of December. They didn't charge you extra for buying sooner.

Prestart biggest fail is this : some people who preordered are able to play the real game 1 to 6 days longer then others ... ESPECIALY LONGER THEN EU clients that OLSO preordered this game!

my question HOW WILL SW:TOR COMPENSATE THAT !!!

reminder that the game olso said on your account that we have acces untill january somewhere... then we have to extend our subscription AGAIN for those who preordered

You were made aware that not everyone would get the full 5 days of Early Game Access. When they expanded the Early Game Access period to 7 days you were also made aware that not everyone would get a full 7 days.

As far as I am aware, everyone who ordered on 7/21/2011 got in yesterday, as did a number of people ordering on 7/22 and 7/23. If you ordered later than that, you knew there was a good chance you wouldn't get in on day one of EGA.

Yes, Bioware/EA have made some mistakes recently (see the grace period fiasco), but the way they handled early access wasn't one of those mistakes. I was able to log in yesterday to a stable, lag free server and there were no login queues.

...but there have been a lot of people stating that recent redemers are already playing. I feel screwed...

That's just it, people are "stating it", it doesn't make it true. Don't believe everything you read. You have ZERO proof that it is happening in that way. You feel like it is because you read it onlie...ahem..online...

But reading over these whine threads I see several types of people:

"The Self Entitled", they seem to think paying for a preorder even 1 day before launch should get them to the front of the line or because they ordered the CE they should have priority access above those "poor folks" who only got the regular edition.

"The Believers" well as I stated above they beleive everything they read online and get themselves worked up about things that aren't even true.

"The Statistics Makers" You know you have seen them. Game X has been in developement for 999 Years I can't believe you didn't hear about it. No way Game Y had 14 years of Early Access and 8 Billion pre-orders...

There are more but these 3 groups seem to like to battle. I knew about the game years ago, waited until I saw more about it since I had a bad feeling because of SWG, then joined the forums, waited a bit more signed up for beta, got into a few weekends, which made me want to buy the game, preordered and registered the same day 1 month ago. I will be THRILLED to get any Early Access if not no big deal my in game name is unique and I have never had a problem getting it on any game.

I do understand however that people are upset that they may not have the varity of name available due to the EGA. Don't worry folks You can still get Drizzzt, Drizzzzt, Drizzzzzt, BobaPhet, Booba Fett, etc

so many ragers about early access, people need to spend more time reading and perhaps look up the definition of the word "may"

I have yet to see any ad or posting stating you get in on xx/xx/xxxx for early access. All i have seen was you may get in x days early.

Edited by Brutem

Prestart biggest fail is this : some people who preordered are able to play the real game 1 to 6 days longer then others ... ESPECIALY LONGER THEN EU clients that OLSO preordered this game!

my question HOW WILL SW:TOR COMPENSATE THAT !!!

reminder that the game olso said on your account that we have acces untill january somewhere... then we have to extend our subscription AGAIN for those who preordered

QQ a little harder for me please... and yes I did just feed him...

so baasicly it BW will be saying it is my fault that i didnt heard nor know of SW:TOR yet on 21/7? That theyr advertisement did not reached me yet on that day, there for i have no right yet for an early acces beffor the 7 days are done?

Hey, that's better than some religions. If you don't hear about them in time you die and then....

firstly, lol at booba fett. bludletter, that was awesome :D

secondly, EGA is not something thats guaranteed for anyone, as has been mentioned several times on this forum. and honestly, that doesnt bother me that much. i can wait til the 20th if i have to. i can see the point of those who have preordered god knows how long ago, and are still waiting, while others who ordered like 2 weeks ago or whatever are in now. honestly, you guys i sympathise your situation. i only preordered in oct just gone, and im not expecting to get in before the 16/17th at the earliest, though it doesnt seem like the EGA emails are going out in any real order. that doesnt particularly fuss me either.

finally, all that will happen to those who have gained their EGA is theyll see the remaining bugs first(of which, im sure there are still many), be in a position to help those who are currently still waiting, and *god forbid* reach level cap first if they play for every waking moment.

let me put it to you this way. if a non MMO game was being released, like a PS3 game or something, and you were delayed playing it because your local games droid... er, shop ran out of copies, would you demand compensation from the developing company because too many people bought the game? answers no. cause youd get your derriere handed to you on a plate with a side order.

cant remember who said this, and im not trawling through the thread again to find it, but as was stated, this game has been in development for like 4 years or so, a few more days wont kill you.

see the rest of you in game when i get in :D

I think that most people get mad at the fact that they took off from work or waiting all night/early morning and the day following Expecting to be let into the game on the 13th. As well as if they have any kind of accolades for First 50 or First anything or first to find specific items like most MMO's do they have essentially been held back and kept out of that race. Not to mention the fact that most of the EGA people have been snatching up all the decent names which would not be an issue on a PS3/XBOX game. Its not a fair opportunity if you are not allowed to participate in the race until people are about to cross the half way mark. No Troll just an observation as a person who still has not been allowed to play as of yet.