So can someone explain what mods are craftable?

CoyoteMoon

Not sure what new Mods are craftable now. Bought a green mod 40 from daily vendor and i could not RE it. i dont have early access, i know whatever i craft wont have set bonus, but both for PVE and PVP what mods are RE'able? Thanks

vendor purchased mods are never REable for schematics.

1. trained schematics are REable for better versions (i.e. craft a blue mod learned from a trainer, RE it and you can get a purple)

2. ops level are REable for the schematic (i.e. acquire a mod from a piece of ops gear, RE it and you can get the schematic for that mod).

I do not think any of the PvP mods are REable...do not quote me on that though

The question here though is if there are mod 40s on the fleet vendor, why don't we have them on the trainer?

same thing goes for hilts, enhancements, armoring, barrels, and no updated lvl 60-65 biochem consumables

Is your question: "Why aren't there grade 40 modification schematics at the trainer?"

Not sure, really. Things have definitely changed with 4.0 as compared to previous expansions.

1. The next tier of craftable gear (non-moddable 208/216) requires mats from conquests. Perhaps they're trying to get people to run conquests more?

2. The next tier of modifications that can be crafted (216/220) requires getting gear from running operations, then RE'ing it. Perhaps they're trying to get people to run operations more?

There is also a reduced lack of need for end-game gear. SM operations are bolstered. HM flashpoints I think are also bolstered? (not 100% sure on this). Level-sync has a "stat cap" -- wearing grade 40+ gear won't make any difference while visiting older planets.

My raiding options have been reduced (for various reason) so I'll probably jump-start my main toons with the non-moddable gear -- depending on how cheap the mats end up being. Not sure how many other people will follow suit. It's possible this could be a workable market?

What mats are specifically needed to craft the non-modable 220 gear?

The gear is 208 blue re-> 216 purple(?) You generally need exotic isotope stabilizer x6 mission skill blue x8 crafting component x12 for the blues, less for certain slots.

edit: re'd 208 to 216 on first try. Defiant Adept Package Mk-26: stabilizer x8, anodyne cell graft x16, hemostatic gel x10

strategic resource matrix x1(purple mat, 5m and 4.5m on the gtn), 2 autoimmune regulators

I see plenty of stabilizes on the gtn, but we only get one strategic resource matrix a week if we complete the personal conquest goal. They are however, on the gtn but very limited and 'spensive as you can see.

Edited by woboashkeinu
216 mats