mad sorc

DORITOLOCO

it can happen, if i am not mistaken it was actually 2 abilities that deal together because sometimes it count as one hit (maybe so close timing apart)

so i am guessing he was using force leech and then as soon as it finish uses death field

you can easily tell that was a match where he could just farm. the first clue is the other team had 6 healers. Another clue is doing that much damage but only getting 200k healing, he wasn't taking damage (because only 2 dps). Not saying reaching 8k dps isn't an achievement, but it definitely isn't realistic, especially for sorcs in this meta.

I'm pretty sure that the biggest hits on the final scoreboard are often bugged. I wouldn't trust them at all. If you had combat logged (probably not for warzones), you could compare. It would be a pain to manually parse through the logs, but potentially more accurate. Edited by teclado

That's not me. I wasn't in this bg.

It's just a screenshot ... from somewhere over the rainbow.

that is one of those matches where a bunch of sage and sorc heals were around and no one died, judging by amount of killing blows

I play a Balanced Sage and hitting 1M dps is easy in an 8 person arena (and possible in a 4 person arena if you don't get too focused.) I have hit 2M and 3M dps as well. But this all depends on how much the other team allows me to free cast.and if I am getting healed through the damage I am taking. Much of that dps will be from the 2 AOEs that Sages can cast. We are a support role for true DPS classes in that we can put pressure on the entire time and force the enemy healer to work harder. People often say Sorc DPS is fluff damage but what that really means is that players do not understand the role of a Sage/Sorc in war zones. War zones are about teamwork and using your different roles for the win. If I am paired with a Guardian, the Guardian will keep the target focused and I can dps, throw a bubble on the Guardian, cleanse him, even off heal him if needed and of course buff him.

I play a Balanced Sage and hitting 1M dps is easy in an 8 person arena (and possible in a 4 person arena if you don't get too focused.) I have hit 2M and 3M dps as well. But this all depends on how much the other team allows me to free cast.and if I am getting healed through the damage I am taking. Much of that dps will be from the 2 AOEs that Sages can cast. We are a support role for true DPS classes in that we can put pressure on the entire time and force the enemy healer to work harder. People often say Sorc DPS is fluff damage but what that really means is that players do not understand the role of a Sage/Sorc in war zones. War zones are about teamwork and using your different roles for the win. If I am paired with a Guardian, the Guardian will keep the target focused and I can dps, throw a bubble on the Guardian, cleanse him, even off heal him if needed and of course buff him.

Ok, major pet peeve of mine, bear with me...:p

The term "dps" is an acronym for "damage per second." This means you take total damage done divided by the amount of time spent doing the damage. When you say one million damage per second, that is impossible. You would be a major hacker lol. If you were able to do one million damage points in one second, that would be roughly eight times the total health of a player, every second. You would be killing the entire other team (in 8v8), every single second. They could not even respawn that quickly haha. Not to mention the fact that the GCD is more than one second...so even if you could camp their spawn point, have less than one second respawn for them, and murder them all with one button (over and over again for the entire game), it would take closer to 1.5 seconds to accomplish this, which would put your dps at about 667k.

What you are talking about is "total damage." You should simply say "1M damage." However, total damage numbers are somewhat misleading because the length of the game can vary quite a bit. If a game ends in 30 seconds, you don't have as much time to do damage as you would in an extended Voidstar / Novare / etc. You could be doing a mere 1000 damage per second for 1000 seconds (16 minutes and 40 seconds) and hit 1M damage. You could also be doing 10k dps for 100 seconds (1 minute 40 sec) and only hit 1M damage. Without knowing the time factor, the 1M damage number is mostly meaningless.

The last thing I have to say about this is: we are talking about biggest single hits in this thread, not total damage and not damage per second.

Ok, I'm done for now. :D

/rant

Finally someone that gets the mechanics of the game (apart from the dps bit but most normal people with their head on their shoulders not other body parts understand). Sorcs should not be the out and out killers neither should snipers. It should be the front line melee that produce the kills but require the ranged support to A)make that kill happen quickly. B) give them the ability to survive at close quarters. ranged should run from melee not absolutely control them or in sorc heals case effectively ignore them apart from the in convenience of moving slightly.

That work great. Safe people are not pve mobs, even if your guardian is taunting, peeling and guarding you, 2 dps will melt you asap. Its my MO actually. CC the 2nd person and kill the sorc asap, sometimes under the 8 seconds of my mez.

to be a "pressure" class that is truly putting "aoe" pressure on the team, your sustained damage needs to be a good chunk above a merc or sniper's, or a jug. If what you are doing is totally neglected by 2 AoE heals, you are not really helping out that much. And your big dot (demolish) doesnt spread.

your "buff him" point also becomes moot if a sorc healer is present, as they will handle it.

You are also relatively easy to shut down or anti-kite, assuming someone uses their tool well. The kite/los stunts some sage healer pull aren't dobable as dps sorc, since you lack the heal on the move they do, since they do get some hit, contrary to operatives that can outrun about anything. You can make it drag out, but its never going to be a win, and neither will it be a draw like the healer's case versus 1 or 2 dps, depending of skills.

Not saying where some regs you won't get some nice damage or score, but if a rage mara or jug that knows what it is doing decides it wants a piece of you, there isnt much you can do when pressured, your dps drops a lot.

Finally someone that gets the mechanics of the game (apart from the dps bit but most normal people with their head on their shoulders not other body parts understand).

Not sure about the rest of y'all, but my head is on my neck. :p