Daily-Killer: Near Impossible to Complete Ilum Daily / Weekly Now After Patch 1.1a

brentonj

Spawn timer on boxes is actually about 20s... the only problem is that there's only two or maybe three chests total that respawn at a random spawn point after being collected.

Collecting solo is about the same speed as collecting with six or so other people, once there's ten or more people collecting that 20s delay starts to interfere heavily. The number of chests up should scale with population but that would open the system up to new exploits such as cramming the zone full of alts.

At this point it becomes way quicker to hope your opponents show up in large groups, but not so large that they can push you off the center point. Unfortunately the attackers need to think they can win otherwise there's no point in even showing up.

Something needs to be done, and any solution needs to allow for unbalanced sides while still allowing everyone to complete daily quests in a reasonable amount of time.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something needs to be done, and any solution needs to allow for unbalanced sides while still allowing everyone to complete daily quests in a reasonable amount of time.

I don't see how this is possible. Maybe I'm just dense and missing the point.

I don't see how this is possible. Maybe I'm just dense and missing the point.

That's why I don't have a decent solution to the problem to suggest. Currently there's no point in the losing side even trying to fight because all you're doing is helping the "enemy" complete their quests, unless you can take the center point decisively. This usually means having enough people to make controlling the center point without incoming enemy attacks almost pointless.

I think they were trying to make the center a point to focus attacks on while discouraging the defenders from having so many that they couldn't be overwhelmed. The result is a lot of frustration for both sides unless the numbers for each side happen to work out about evenly.

Spawn timer on boxes is actually about 20s... the only problem is that there's only two or maybe three chests total that respawn at a random spawn point after being collected.

Collecting solo is about the same speed as collecting with six or so other people, once there's ten or more people collecting that 20s delay starts to interfere heavily. The number of chests up should scale with population but that would open the system up to new exploits such as cramming the zone full of alts.

At this point it becomes way quicker to hope your opponents show up in large groups, but not so large that they can push you off the center point. Unfortunately the attackers need to think they can win otherwise there's no point in even showing up.

I wasn't aware the boxes were in fact on a 20 second timer. However, given the amount of players farming them on particular servers - I'm confident that number is largely skewed.

Formed an Ops group for this today for Republic on the Tarro Blood server. Got the daily done w/ about 33 kills. This was after the Imps started their ops group to counter us. We beat them back the first time, but then they came back with double their previous numbers. Every Republic soldier on Ilum together couldn't stop them, and so we disbanded.

I think Ilum needs to be turned into more of a DOTA format so there is actual reason for Republic to come there. In addition, 50 people of each faction should be allowed per instance, not 100 of whoever comes. This will help with Reps getting mobbed constantly.

Why would we show up to Ilum when we're just going to get our faces rolled when we try to do our own dailies? Broken.

Exactly.

Currently the Ilum daily is just that a daily, it's meaning is meant to be it can be taken once a day, that's what they mean when they call it that, but for those of us who work and have family's we have about 3 hours a day to play and Ilum plus the WZ daily sometimes there is just not enough time to complete both.

So for most people it is more beneficial to just not bother with Ilum and just play WZ till it's time to go, Ilum was playable and more than doable before there big break patch, now it's only worth doing to a few if they get 3 wins in a row in WZ and have time to kill, even then just like me they don't get to finish this so called daily.

As a Republic player, I sure as hell won't go to Ilum anymore since I'd get no valor. What, for the dailies and weeklies? Nah. With valor, it was okayish. Without valor, I don't care. Don't need a seventh implant or third leggings.

I'll let the imps dominate the planet :D It's freezing cold there anyway.

Also, what's the fun in going to Ilum only to be overwhelmed 3 to 1? I'm sure imps feel uber but let's be honest, it doesn't take too much of an effort to pwn third as many people as you have.

Dear All,

Something happened last weekend on our server Hex Droid. It is a typical server with 5 times more imps than reps. We got spawn camped, were not able to leave our base, giving free valor to imps as soon as anybody arrived on Ilum on any day.

On Saturday, the republic realized the particle cannons directly in front of the base. We gathered a full op groups to conquer these cannons and finally made it possible to get insane valor for the -> republic <-. The zerg mob arrives, activate cannon, and instantly 3k valor gain!

The problem is that these cannons deactivate after being conquered by the imps. Overall, 4 cannons in front of the base allow the republic to get a more or less balanced fight. In order to have an equal amount of players on each faction, we switch the ilum instances from time to time.

There is only some issue with people not being in an ops group, seeing the particle cannon and one or two imps running around. They get some psychological trigger to activate the cannon. Some seconds later, the main zerg mob arrives and we all die because the cannon is on cooldown. This seems to be a fact and cannot be changed. So you have to be really lucky that some weak minded person doesn't activate the cannon too early...

As example of the success: I grinded 45k valor yesterday and finally reached my battlemaster rank. This took me... 8 hours?

The battle is not lost, it has just started! Realize and stop complaining...

Kind Regards,

keeroo

I am on Port Nowhere and even though we are usually camped at our base, we still show up. Of course many on my server on both sides think I am crazy and suicidal, I still manage to get my dailys and weeklys done in 1 day. Mainly due to a few raid guilds that will bring 30+ reps and clean out the imps from outside the base. I generally use a guerilla flanking tactic to draw some of the imps away from the main force while the reps in the base charge them. It doesn't make much of a dent but they at least take out a few at a time. I shout in chat all the time to have people come help me and I have only one thing to say to it. "Republic characters are a bunch of lemmings that sit at the door to the base with no balls."

The other day I managed to get 3 other people to join me in flanking because they were getting bored of sitting there. We managed to get some kills on our flanking runs by picking off Imps running back to the fight. One instance when the turret was working I drew about and 15 imps back toward the turret. I was pulled back to the turret by the sage in our small group (Thank You Oracle!!) and would have decimated the entire group had I not been stunned after the 4th shot.

I think they need to make a stun and damage immunity bubble for someone that is on the turret since they are unable to heal or use their stun removal skill while on it. It is only 10 shots and has about a 5-10 minute cooldown for the turret anyway. I think this would balance things out a little. Also they need to fix the turrets closest to the door so they work all the time not just when Republics control their own base.

Last thing I want to say is Repubs need to grow some damn balls and quit hiding in the base and Join Me. I am not scared to die. I will continue to sneak up and attack the Imps as much as I can.

Nayabilie

It has become near impossible to complete the Ilum Daily. I'm currently playing on Sword of Ajunta Pall, which for discussion sake is a high-population server.

The Reasons:

1). Opposing faction no where in sight. I've been riding around on Ilum for almost 2 hours and have seen two Republic forces total. We're an Imperial-Heavy server like most, but the Republic has vanished. Perhaps its due to the nonsense from patch day.

Regardless, it's beyond frustrating. Particularly when the zone is so over-sized. Honestly, why is Ilum so large? It's seems the majority of time spent is just wasted riding around long distances, looking for nothing.

Same frustration applies to the Republic. When they actually do zone into the PvP-area, and upon leaving their base, they're immediately attacked by much larger Operation groups. It's simply counter-productive to both factions.

Republic players have absolutely no chance of getting their daily done. They can't stop from getting zerged, and the center nodes are almost always camped by Imperials.

2). Armament respawn timer is ridiculously long. Speaking of the Armament chests - why on earth is the re-spawn so long?

There's about 30 Imperials riding around right now trying to collect the same chest spawns. It's near impossible to reach 30 in a reasonable time. You can forgot about the Weekly. The spawn timer on each chest must be at least 10 minutes, containing one Armament per box. That's absolutely ridiculous.

I know I speak for others when I say that we (as a community) have lost respect for Gabe Amatangelo (lead PvP designer), and his ability to effectively design and manage the PvP sytem. I'm imploring you Gabe, from one Gator to another, please at least redo these quests!

Say what you want about the failures of Ilum. I think we can all agree, it is truly a calamity. Yet now the daily and weekly quests are absolutely absurd. Both the daily and weekly are simply not reasonable for either Hardcore players or Casuals alike to complete consistently.

Hey bro, go mid... there are some crates with weapons that give you credit... Kthxbye

Yeah ILUM pvp is not the most enjoyable experience, seems as a guardian I am meant to hide in the group and saber throw when it is off cooldown to get credit for kills as shielding the people doing the hitting or the healing doesn't count... and when you are outnumbed in pvp 2 - 1 and have some FPS issues with sorcerers spamming lightning...

Not the most fun experience.

To be honest wintergrasp and other wow pvp zones had it right, control who is in the zone, buff the side at the people disadvantage. As it stands now as republic on many servers you need to rely on guerilla warfare (or maybe that is meant to be gorilla) to get your 30 kills a day.

The problem with me bypassing ilum, and not having so much wz time lately is I have fallen behind the pack of the many sudden BMs, who seem to have spend a ridiculous time in Ilum.

BW maybe look at the wow model for wintergrasp or what is the one in Cata I forget... it is more enjoyable than ilum.

Ilum at beginning was a joke.

Ilum at the moment is a matter of purely having bigger numbers.

Also minimizing the animations from lightning would help my FPS... why I am hitting 10-20 FPS with dual 590s is beyond me when I have 10-20 sith sorcerers spamming the lightning aoe stuff

Pro-tip if you just want your daily done: Switch to Ilum 2 if you can, go mid, free cookies there.

That is so boring. I honestly don't know how you people can just sit there riding around in a circle farming these crates. Boring, boring, boring.