6.1.4 Conquest Feedback

DavidStaats

Hi all!

Welcome to 6.1.4 Conquests on PTS! As I mentioned in my original thread, there are a handful of changes you can expect to see with Conquests and 6.1.4. I would like to take a minute and provide some additional insight into our balancing approach as well as what’s coming up!

Point Balance

While looking over our 6.1.2 Conquest values we realized there was opportunity to improve the experience. Simply put, there was too large a discrepancy in value for Objectives which were complicated or required larger time commitments when comparatively speaking to objectives which could be done with relative ease in a short amount of time. This was emphasizing and placing too much value on easier objectives, while simultaneously deemphasizing and devaluing more challenging content.

More so, it was making equally challenging content values unequal as well based on time to complete differences. Let’s take two Daily Areas as an example here: CZ-198 and Yavin 4. Both of these activities have the same intention however also come with different times to complete, with the CZ-198 being the shorter of the two. After completing each area a player would net the same amount of Conquest Points, making CZ-198 the more lucrative activity over Yavin 4.

This became the basis for our balance pass as we looked at Objectives in terms of their time to complete, their complexity (and thus their fail chance), the type of activity they are, their potential queue times, and their repeatability.

But how does this translate? Given the example of CZ-198 and Yavin 4 Daily Areas above, let’s look at these and how their points have been adjusted for 6.1.4. For any given area, we can assume that the following Objectives will be completed in a run: Defeat Enemies, Defeat Enemies 2, Complete Mission, and Complete Weekly. As always, these values are subject to change and displayed without any additional bonuses.

CZ-198 Daily Area

CZ-198: Defeat Enemies is now worth 750 points (down from 2,000)

CZ-198: Defeat Enemies 2 is now worth 1,650 points (down from 3,000)

CZ-198: Mission Complete is now worth 1,550 points (down from 2,000)

CZ-198: Weekly Mission is now worth 5,850 points (up from 4,000)

Total prior to 6.1.4: 11,000 Conquest points

Total with 6.1.4: 9,800 Conquest Points

Yavin 4 Daily Area

Yavin 4: Defeat Enemies is now worth 750 points (down from 2,000)

Yavin 4: Defeat Enemies 2 is now worth 1,650 points (down from 3,000)

Yavin 4: Mission Complete is now worth 1,550 points (down from 2,000)

Yavin 4: Weekly Mission is now worth 10,700 points (up from 4,000)

Total prior to 6.1.4: 11,000 Conquest points

Total with 6.1.4: 14,650 Conquest points

As you can see both Yavin 4 and CZ-198 now offer Conquest rewards more aligned with the time spent to accomplish them.

New Values

Our balancing pass affected every Conquest Objective, and as such posting each and every change here would result in an incredibly long list (there are a lot of objectives). Rather, I will list numerous examples within each category of Objectives. As always, these values are subject to change and displayed without any additional bonuses.

Advancement, Companions, and Strongholds

• Companion: Benefactor is now worth 550 points (down from 3,000)
  • Advancement: Amplifiers is now worth 550 points (down from 1,750)
  • Stronghold: Decorator is now worth 550 points (down from 2,000)
  • Renown: Rank Up is now worth 3,400 points (up from 600)
  • Advancement: Gain a Level is now worth 3,400 (up from 2,000)
  • Companion: Influencer is now worth 4,850 points (up from 2,000)

Daily Areas

• All Daily Area Weekly Missions are now worth between 5,580 - 22,250 (up from 4,000)

Exploration

• <Planet> Defeat Enemy is now worth 750 points (down from 2,000)
  • <Planet> Mission Complete is now worth 1,550 points (down from 2,000)
  • <Planet> Defeat Enemy 2 is now worth 1650 points (down from 3,000)
  • Repeatable World Boss related Objectives are now worth 2,750 points (up from 850)
  • Weekly World Boss related Objectives are now worth 10,700 points (up from 5,800)

Missions

• Missions: Bonus Missions is now worth 750 points (down from 2,000)
  • Missions: Heroic is now worth 850 points (down from 4,000)
  • Missions: Story Time is now worth 2,200 points (up from 600)
  • Missions: Taskmaster is now worth 7,750 points (up from 3,000)

Warzones

• Unranked: Medalist is now worth 1,800 points (up from 850)
  • Solo Ranked: Medalist is now worth 2,400 points (up from 1,100)
  • Team Ranked: Medalist is now worth 3,400 points (up from 2,100)
  • Unranked: Victorious is now worth 2,200 points (up from 1,750)
  • Solo Ranked: Victorious is now worth 3,100 points (up from 2,000)
  • Team Ranked: Victorious is now worth 4,150 points (up from 3,000)

Starfighter

• Starfighter: Conquer the Skies is now worth 2,200 points (up from 600)
  • Starfighter: Dominate the Stars is now worth 3,750 points (up from 3,000)
  • Starfighter: Achiever is now worth 45,600 points (up from 4,000)

Operations

• Operation: Story is now worth 5,250 points (up from 3,000)
  • Operation: Veteran is now worth 8,550 points (up from 4,000)
  • Operation: Master is now worth 13,100 points (up from 7,500)
  • Operation: Rally - Part 1 is now worth 9,250 points (up from 2,925)
  • Operation: Rally - Part 2 is now worth 33,350 points (up from 10,000)
  • Operation: Completion is now worth 100,000 points (up from 13,500)

Conquest Planet Related Activities

As a way to create some additional variety in our Conquest and to streamline the number of Conquest Objectives available to all players, we have now assigned certain Conquest Objectives to the planet being an invadable option. We have built this in preparation for our upcoming effort to remove planets from their Conquests as Chris mentioned a while back. This means that in the future, these Objectives will add an entirely new level of Objective variety to Conquests.

This will affect the following new and existing Objectives:

• NEW <Planet>: Heroic Missions
    • Starting (Tython, Ord Mantell, Korriban, and Hutta) and Core (Coruscant and Dromund Kaas) planets will always remain available to all players.
      • For Level 51+ players Alderaan, Balmorra, Belsavis, Corellia, Hoth, Ilum, Makeb, Nar Shaddaa, Taris, Tatooine, and Voss Heroic Missions will appear only when the planet in question is an invadable planet for that specific Conquest.

[*]<Planet> Defeat Enemies

• Starting (Tython, Ord Mantell, Korriban, and Hutta), Core (Coruscant and Dromund Kaas), and planets which include Daily Areas will always be available for all players (depending on the bracket).
    • Alderaan, Balmorra, Belsavis, Nar Shaddaa, Taris, Tatooine, Hoth, and Quesh will be available at all times for Level 10-50 players.
      • For Level 51+ players Defeat Enemies will appear only when the planet in question is an invadable planet for that specific Conquest, OR if there is an event related to those planets (such as Rakghoul Resurgence).[/indent]
        Corellia, Ilum, Voss, Mek-Sha, Dantooine will be available at all times for Level 10-70 players (depending on the bracket).

[*]For Level 71+ players Defeat Enemies for these planets will appear only when the planet in question is an invadable planet for that specific Conquest, OR if there is an event related to those planets (such as Relics of the Gree/Pirate Incursion/Rakghoul Resurgence).

[*]All Bonus Series Missions will now only appear when the planet in question is an invadable planet for that specific Conquest.

We encourage everyone to hop in and test out these changes! We are looking for the following feedback:

• How do the new values feel? Do you feel that larger and more complex objectives have a more accurate point representation of their time and effort, and do those new values make those objectives more appealing to attempt?
  • Are there Objectives you feel are too rewarding? Not rewarding enough?
  • As a solo player who wants to partake in the story, do you feel like you are able to more actively participate in Conquest?
  • As a player who enjoys Operation/Warzone/Uprisings or other group play, do you feel like you are able to more actively participate in Conquest and that your time investment is more accurately reflected?
  • How do you feel about the Objectives for Feast of Prosperity? Did they encourage you to partake in the event? Did you enjoy earning Conquest through Event participation?
  • Any other thoughts or feedback you may have!

We hope you enjoy the updates, and look forward to your feedback!

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

overall i am very happy with these changes, they still ensure that conquest promotes group play and gives points at regular intervals, the only thing I would like to have added is an increased amount of points for groups doing endgame pve content but not regularly killing bosses (progression raiding on the varies raiding difficulties)

currently unless you kill bosses the number of conquest points that you gain is basically negligible

So, this is is huge nerf and not just a balance.

I get that some activities needed some love and also there were a couple of just too st*pid obejectives.

But why so much nerf and removals? Specially in the bunus objective, heroic and planetary missions/defeat enemies. They were limited to once per day, no need to remove because they could not abused.

There used to be a problem in conquest that most of the objectives were too tied to the current planets. When i came back i was happy to see that you solved that. Only problem i saw was not rewarding specific event accordingly. Instead of just uping the current event/planet you decide that removal of objectives for high level players is the way to go? That is an step backwards.

The ONE thing you did right in last year after 6.0 is now being nerfed.

So long to "Play your way" buh bye. Do you guys not like subscribers? You finally finally FINALLY had Conquest in a great spot. The majority of us are happy! Stop nerfing :mad: !! Only add objectives and points to longer/harder objectives. Why is this concept so difficult to comprehend??? Just say NO to nerfs!

So long to "Play your way" buh bye. Do you guys not like subscribers? You finally finally FINALLY had Conquest in a great spot. The majority of us are happy! Stop nerfing :mad: !! Only add objectives and points to longer/harder objectives. Why is this concept so difficult to comprehend??? Just say NO to nerfs!

And how is giving one particular objective 100.000 points (I'm looking at you Operation completion) in any way remotely balanced?? That's double the conquest points you need to finish your goal. Just.....ugh.....smh......Where's the tylenol???

> Bioware don't remove points from objectives, only add!

Bioware adds points to objectives

> Bioware you added too many points!

Edited by RikuvonDrake

This feels a lot closer to what I liked about conquest a couple years ago. Have all the planetary objectives there all the time really makes me stop caring about them.

Overall the point balance feels better, but I agree the millions of crafting points still makes the leaderboard feel unbalanced. It's probably worse, point-wise, than when the big conquest guilds used to farm last boss lockouts because it only takes a few people to do it.

> Bioware don't remove points from objectives, only add!

Bioware adds points to objectives

> Bioware you added too many points!

Lol......yeah. Just me being a woman trying to put all the jumbled mess inside my brain into actual words. The more angry/passionate I become, the more I struggle. Just having a hard time trying to understand what they're doing and why. Seems like a lot of really bad decisions, and not just for conquest, are being made. PvP ranked for augments??? Ummm.....gross! No thanks. Hard pass.

Starfighter

Starfighter is my primary concern, on first glance the numbers don't look that bad, however I would strongly recommend that "Dominate the Stars" be amended from "Daily repeatable - Win a match" to "infinity repeatable - Obtain 6 medals".

The reason for this would obviously be to give more incentive for active participation in the match, as it is a concern that people may just AFK 10 matches for 67,600 points.

The reason for this would obviously be to give more incentive for active participation in the match, as it is a concern that people may just AFK 10 matches for 67,600 points.

GSF has pretty good AFK detection. If you don't participate, it will kick you out.

I'm downloading PTS now, but I have to say, at first glance, it's looking like you're taking a lot of points away from solo players and giving them to groups.

Heroics give points ONLY when reflected in Weekly invasion choices.

Defeat enemies 1 & 2 only give points when that planet is reflected in Weekly invasion choices.

You're going to FLOOD those few planets each week.

100k for a full run of an Operation?

ANY operation? Or only what's in group finder for the day? Lockouts for SM are still gone right? So...KP or EV every day?

There are a couple fairly short ones.

One general observation based on your numbers...

It takes (me) twice as long to do Yavin as it does CZ-198, yet the points rewarded for Yavin are only 1.5x the amount of CZ. Given the potential increased number of players that will be clogging the area, it's a pass for me.

Hi all!

Starfighter

This is so very nice to see! Looks like a buff that has been feeling very urgent for 6 months now!

Generally speaking, it is a ton of fun chasing daily objectives. It would be so nice to see other playstyles besides planetaries having such a generous helping of them. GSF for example has a number of pretty fun things active only during Clash in Hyperspace- conq event. Said event is borderline extinct now. It shows up..what, once a year? Twice a year? Would it be an idea to move some of the dailies from there among objectives that are always present?

Edited by Stradlin

Will it detect people flying around, not caring, getting shot/killed/suiciding into asteroids?

In current conquest system, activities such as clicking amps and doing few minute lasting heroics is awesome conquest. Pretty sure nobody looks at pvp or GSF and sees a path as efficient, even with these buffs. So why would conquest farmer be flying around in GSF, unless he..likes doing that?`

Both GSF and (to lesser degree now I guess?) WZs are in urgent need of buffs so people who -like- doing them aren't rewarded with such modest and miserable conquest for it.

Edited by Stradlin

We have built this in preparation for our upcoming effort to remove planets from their Conquests as Chris mentioned a while back. This means that in the future, these Objectives will add an entirely new level of Objective variety to Conquests.

This is patently false based on the information provided. You think changing the Objective per week adds variety. It does so with respect to time series variation, but not cross-sectional. We are not fools.

Literally every recent change Chris has proposed / implemented since taking over as Design Director I have opposed. This is no different.

I don't need to go to the PTS. I am quite capable of reading and math and believe these changes are etched in stone based on precedent (w/ exception being one SH). But so we're clear, you are not adding variety; rather, quite to the contrary, you are pigeon-holing.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

GSF has pretty good AFK detection. If you don't participate, it will kick you out.

Suppose I should have said not actively participating. At any rate, I don't think its a stretch to add a repeatable reward for active participation at the expense of a once per day repeatable,

Starfighter is my primary concern, on first glance the numbers don't look that bad, however I would strongly recommend that "Dominate the Stars" be amended from "Daily repeatable - Win a match" to "infinity repeatable - Obtain 6 medals".

This would make a ton of sense. It is funny warzones does this and GSF don't. GSF medals, in general, are better designed and much harder to cheese than their ground pvp counterparts. You can't just rush pile of enemies, do a mass taunt and land on..4 medals or something in 10 secs.

Edited by Stradlin

This will affect the following new and existing Objectives:

• NEW <Planet>: Heroic Missions
    • Starting (Tython, Ord Mantell, Korriban, and Hutta) and Core (Coruscant and Dromund Kaas) planets will always remain available to all players.
      • For Level 51+ players Alderaan, Balmorra, Belsavis, Corellia, Hoth, Ilum, Makeb, Nar Shaddaa, Taris, Tatooine, and Voss Heroic Missions will appear only when the planet in question is an invadable planet for that specific Conquest.

[*]<Planet> Defeat Enemies

• Starting (Tython, Ord Mantell, Korriban, and Hutta), Core (Coruscant and Dromund Kaas), and planets which include Daily Areas will always be available for all players (depending on the bracket).
    • Alderaan, Balmorra, Belsavis, Nar Shaddaa, Taris, Tatooine, Hoth, and Quesh will be available at all times for Level 10-50 players.
      • For Level 51+ players Defeat Enemies will appear only when the planet in question is an invadable planet for that specific Conquest, OR if there is an event related to those planets (such as Rakghoul Resurgence).[/indent]
        Corellia, Ilum, Voss, Mek-Sha, Dantooine will be available at all times for Level 10-70 players (depending on the bracket).

[*]For Level 71+ players Defeat Enemies for these planets will appear only when the planet in question is an invadable planet for that specific Conquest, OR if there is an event related to those planets (such as Relics of the Gree/Pirate Incursion/Rakghoul Resurgence).

[*]All Bonus Series Missions will now only appear when the planet in question is an invadable planet for that specific Conquest.

Just had a proper look at this, between limiting the planets and the lowering of points for the heroics and kill quests, I think its way overboard.

A majority of the folk I know in game spend a good portion of their time doing solo conquest content, as other content is now being buffed, I don't think its necessary to go this far.

Did my first set of toons.

Two level 75's

Still got points for sending companions off to sell junk.

Did CZ198.

Sill hit personal goal from doing ONLY CZ & the companion junk (didn't really need it though)

Got 3 renown level dings which totaled nearly 30k points with the various bonuses. (20% guild bonus chosen for fun, on top of my 150% Stronghold bonus). RE'd items to get a 4th ding.

I do think that the renown points are a tad high.

Hi all!

We encourage everyone to hop in and test out these changes! We are looking for the following feedback:

• [*]How do the new values feel? Do you feel that larger and more complex objectives have a more accurate point representation of their time and effort, and do those new values make those objectives more appealing to attempt?

[*]Are there Objectives you feel are too rewarding? Not rewarding enough?

Absolutely a huge and urgently needed upgrade for multiplayer content!

Its great to see bigger GSF/pvp objectives giving more conquest. Have yet to test any of this, but from what it looks, this bings GSF&Pvp from vastly and ridiculously inferior to slightly inferior or thereabouts. Which lands squarely on " good enough" in my books.

For somebody who likes conquest, it is fun to chase down daily objectives in general. It'd be nice if all content had bit more daily repeatables. Planetary missions have well over 100 now. I'd be happy if GSF had 10% of that. Uprisings and railshooter could use some more imo?

Also..I hope you've considered this:

If you don't incentivize multiplayer content on TC somehow, much of it prolly won't happen on TC for this patch. I don't think lots of people will feel motivated to log in there to do GSF, WZs, ops just to see how much conq they get. Even if people won't show up and feedback on solo stuff is overwhelming again, please don't forget or overlook the much needed multiplayer buffs!!

Would it be possible to bribe ppl into doing GSF/PvP/FPS/etc this time aroud? Ie handing out pets or legacy titles or something.

Edited by Stradlin

Almost 16k for making a companion "ding" a level.

Went from level 1 to 2 with a single blue gift. Toon level = 75.

Cost = 5k on fleet.

amplifiers

stronghold decorating

companion influencer

any chapter

Skytroopers killed (1 full run chapter 2, two reset partial runs)

20 minutes total

nearly 65k conquest points

Edited by Darev

Why should I even care about going to PTS. I already know what you are going to do and that you don't care about solo players. Well thanks for letting me know and here I was debating whether to keep my sub here and on wow too.

You have proven one thing, you don't know how to balance things out. Group and Pvp needed some upgrading but then you redo solo. You don't even know what balance is. Good luck.

Just one note: I frankly don't care how many points you add to PVP. There is nothing you could do to get me to do that but you can make me second think my sub since I seem to be having more fun on Wow than on SWTOR.

Edited by casirabit

Why should I even care about going to PTS. I already know what you are going to do and that you don't care about solo players. Well thanks for letting me know and here I was debating whether to keep my sub here and on wow too.

You have proven one thing, you don't know how to balance things out. Group and Pvp needed some upgrading but then you redo solo. You don't even know what balance is. Good luck.

Just one note: I frankly don't care how many points you add to PVP. There is nothing you could do to get me to do that but you can make me second think my sub since I seem to be having more fun on Wow than on SWTOR.

This isn't going to keep me either.

My attention has been waning and grinding conquest to level up my guild on SF has been my primary focus for a year now I think. It just got to 91. Maybe I putz around to get it to 100 just to say it's there, but this, by no means, sparks my interest of "fun factor" and it certainly flies in the face of "play your way"