Please fix the Infamous Mercenary's helmet to be properly dye-able.

KainrycKarr

I, like many others, have been waiting years for a proper modern/movie-era Mandalorian helmet to show up. I was so excited when I saw the Infamous Mercenary set datamined! I had two entire servers full of people that were massively stoked to finally have this.

And now that it is on the PTS we find that...it can't be dyed. At least, the vast majority of the helmet can't. And the collective response from everyone I know that was excited for it is...bummer. Disappointment. I understand it may be a creative choice on the part of the art team, but it is a distinctly unenjoyable one. As a player and a consumer, being unable to dye the majority of the helmet means that it only really fits in with that particular set - this makes such a long-awaited helmet extremely limited to use, as it won't match well with...well just about anything.

Less aesthetic customization is never a positive move in an MMO-setting. It feels incredibly disappointing as a player, and is objectively an inferior design choice.

Please, please make the rest of the helmet dye-able.

Edited by KainrycKarr

Seconded. I was super excited to see this set until I found that the helmet doesn't dye properly. I was actually already planning to make sure I'd have enough CC so I could pick this up on release, but in its current state I wouldn't use the helmet on my Mando character, so I have no reason to purchase it. Please let it be dyed properly so it can work with a wider variety of Mandalorian armors, as opposed to just those with a dark gray/black primary dye. Edited by The-Kaitou-Kid

+1 signed here. This is just a really silly design choice. So everyone wearing this helmet will basically look the same in an mmo where a big part of the game is looking cool and unique. Come on bioware please fix this. The helmet looks great but if it can't dye right none of us will get to use it on most sets. Please make this change.

• 2 weeks later...

Just want to point out, this got changed in the most recent PTS patch. The material on the top part of the helmet dyes to the primary color now, with the accents around the visor staying as the secondary color. It dyes a bit weirdly compared to some of the Mandalorian sets in the game, the material is darker so you'll have to account for that with your dye choice(s). Some colors look okay when color matched, others look wildly different, so, something to keep in mind.

The gloves and bracers dye now as well. The previously gray metal on both now takes the secondary color, and the gloves themselves take the primary color. These have the same quirk with the material, so expect them to look a little different color wise if you try to color match, at least with certain armor sets/dye combos.