Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Fallen Empire storyline is dumb.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
The Fallen Empire storyline is dumb.

FlameYOL
06.10.2016 , 12:45 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by PlagaNerezza View Post
The story is terrible. The Jedi Order and Sith Order are almost extinct in this "story". It introduces a galaxy conquering super force with super force users in the knights who conquered the Jedi and the Sith simultaneously in a matter of months. By the way not just beat but the head of the Jedi Order is living in the woods and the Dark Council is dead.

Then you proceed to slaughter this force by the 100's, easily destroy their fleet. Infiltrate their capital at will. Steal their fortune. Kill all their "champions". Steal their military equipment.

This was the force that destroyed our expeditionary fleet in minutes of battle and wiped out Imperial and Republic militaries.

I'd like to also address the Valkorian/Vitate issue a bit. So the Sith Empire returned to conquer the republic. Made it all the way to Coroscuant. Then Vitate negoiated a strange peace accord. The war took a turn to a stalemate. So his answer was to run off to Wild Space and form a better empire to destroy both the Republic and Sith Empire as this Valkorian figure.

But when he's Vitate he wants to destroy the entire galaxy. As Valkorian he want to return to ruling it all again? Then he's constantly trying to corrupt us to the darkside. Or use his power to possibly trap us and take us over. He's morphing in and out of Valkorian and Vitate. He's killed as Vitate, incorporal, yet he still is Valkorian? He's trapped and the Emperor's Wraith frees him, but he's not trapped and Valkorian raising his kids?

This story is all over and makes little sense. It could not end soon enough. Just end this non-sense. Please.
You can end it yourself,leave or get used to it...
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

FlameYOL
06.10.2016 , 12:47 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Analyst View Post
No. It seems that Valkorion created his Zakuul long before the beginning of the war against Republic.

It is not about making sense, it is about knowing sense. We still do not know real motivations of the Emperor and the extent of his plans. We did not even learn when he was telling the truth - and if he had ever did that.
Valkorion at this point is even more of a troll to the galaxy than Palpatine,at least you could trust palpatine to be a maniac who wanted to rule everything.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

starwarsfansix
06.10.2016 , 02:30 PM | #23
I'm just gonna assume that Satele and Marr took all the blame for not being able to protect their respective factions without taking in consideration the 25+ years of direct war between them and some 10 years of cold war and shadow plays, that's why they were all philosophical and stuff when you met them. Arcann and Vaylin - yes, they are powerful, but I still consider the Eternal Fleet their biggest advantage. Guess that's why half the new chapters are focused on controling/destroying it.

Overall, I think KotFE is lacking in terms of story. Everything feels too rushed and ends too fast. Like in The Expendables movies, nobody seems to be having enough screen time, you just get a quick classic one liner from one guy and then it's off to the next.

Darth_Advent
06.10.2016 , 04:35 PM | #24
Valkorion claims to be beyond light and dark, but I think he's just dark with enough of a titanic ego to presume he's above it all. Darth Marr gives the opinion that he overestimates himself and misapprehends the Force even with all of his tremendous power through it, and I'm inclined to agree.
May the Force serve you well.

ZanyaCross
06.10.2016 , 11:34 PM | #25
They imply at least once that "something" happened to the Emperor after Ziost that changed him. Curious to see if, and how, this is addressed.

BlazeTomahawk
06.11.2016 , 07:28 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by ZanyaCross View Post
They imply at least once that "something" happened to the Emperor after Ziost that changed him. Curious to see if, and how, this is addressed.
It won't be. All I can think is that eating all life of Ziost did was satisfy his hunger. Give him another hundred years and he will eat another planet. He's just fat and happy right now, that's why he seems reasonable

Costello
06.11.2016 , 08:48 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by PlagaNerezza View Post
The story is terrible. The Jedi Order and Sith Order are almost extinct in this "story". It introduces a galaxy conquering super force with super force users in the knights who conquered the Jedi and the Sith simultaneously in a matter of months. By the way not just beat but the head of the Jedi Order is living in the woods and the Dark Council is dead.

Then you proceed to slaughter this force by the 100's, easily destroy their fleet. Infiltrate their capital at will. Steal their fortune. Kill all their "champions". Steal their military equipment.

This was the force that destroyed our expeditionary fleet in minutes of battle and wiped out Imperial and Republic militaries.

I'd like to also address the Valkorian/Vitate issue a bit. So the Sith Empire returned to conquer the republic. Made it all the way to Coroscuant. Then Vitate negoiated a strange peace accord. The war took a turn to a stalemate. So his answer was to run off to Wild Space and form a better empire to destroy both the Republic and Sith Empire as this Valkorian figure.

But when he's Vitate he wants to destroy the entire galaxy. As Valkorian he want to return to ruling it all again? Then he's constantly trying to corrupt us to the darkside. Or use his power to possibly trap us and take us over. He's morphing in and out of Valkorian and Vitate. He's killed as Vitate, incorporal, yet he still is Valkorian? He's trapped and the Emperor's Wraith frees him, but he's not trapped and Valkorian raising his kids?

This story is all over and makes little sense. It could not end soon enough. Just end this non-sense. Please.
Fully agree.

The number of plot holes with Valkorian are just staggering and now 14 chapters in none of them have been explained.

Personally the 5 years of conquest would have been a more interesting story than what we got. But thats the biggest kicker, frozen for 5 years the slate is wiped clean as it were you can take the story anywhere have the galaxy in any condition you can imagine.

All ranks or companions or connections are gone, little bit annoying if you spent 3 chapters to get on the dark council, but I see the reason you can't tell a convincing story of why an elder dark council member would be doing the same story as say a Smuggler 'You know Marr I'm sure we have people for this, and these people are not Dark Council members'.

So what do they do, 8 chapters of running around doing little, 1 chapter and your now commanding the last best hope in the galaxy.... 'You know Lana I'm sure we have people for this, only despite being THE commander, my role in this alliance appears to be taking one companion and recruiting individuals who require me to collect pelts or junk or fight in the EC. Shouldn't I be commanding?'

What I don't know is if its laziness or lack of resources. The first there is no cure for it will always be the bare minimum so rehashing the swamp 3 times etc. If its a lack of resources they really need to think about what they can and can't do and tell a story appropriate to that. Don't have a galaxy conquest and then only be able to depict this by walking around a swamp collecting supplies.

josephxp
06.11.2016 , 01:53 PM | #28
The new path to follow the force is nothing new. We have seen many force user groups that are not affiliated with the jedi or sith. Voss mystics are one, many cultist groups (Revanites for one), on Manan we had the order of sasha also a non jedi/sith force user organization. The big point they make between the difference between the Knights and Jedi/Sith are the teachings like with any other force group. Knights are to serve the eternal emperor and devote themselves to their master, though unlike the sith not to kill the master. Nothing new in concept with the Knights in KotFE we have seen it in the EU a lot before the expansion came out, like in the de-canonized Grey Knights in the EU where they were neither light or dark. Does a new force user group introduction the sole reason to make an expansion pack suck? No thats like saying the introduction of Revanites, who were gray where Revan followed both light and dark, made the Shadow of Revan expansion pack a disaster. Neither expansion sucked, and the Storyline so far is going well making you subconsciously choose decisions where in these early stages there isn't much impact. Other then Koth leaving.

But when Season 2 of KotFE comes out your going to have more of a domino effect of your past decisions. Like in the most recent chapter, if you didnt save the mando's you might loose a companion later on because you had inadaquite forces. With gualt making an investment with the money if you chose that option, he may come through and double what you had making your alliance more stable, or he lost everything where funds could be needed later on. I see these first 16 chapters as a baseline for what **** storm could theoretically happen if you made choice 1 instead of 2 or 3. Alliance members who remember certain events may betray you after because of so many things like koth. I can see lana leaving because she looses faith in you if you keep risking yourself to save people. Just as koth will leave if you kill to many civilians. If you kill Kalyo/Jorgan or banish them on their faliure a later chapter may be easier because you dont have a homicidal Rataki, or a depressed Cathar in your alliance.

There are so many potential story decisions that can be WOW factors later on after chapter 16. Like many of the books as kids when you would flip through on your decisions, the first few parts begin the same but as bad/good choices begin to add up it takes radical turns.
Give Us New GSF Maps
Tachyon(s)/Alpha Triage(pub)/Void(imp) from Ebon Hawk
7 days of free subscription and character transfer for subs and returners

cool-dude
06.11.2016 , 03:24 PM | #29
The story has suffered so far because most of the chapters that followed after nine have been filler episodes meant to bring back old companions instead of just moving forward with the plot.
I'm a cool dude

Audoucet
06.12.2016 , 02:57 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by josephxp View Post
like in the de-canonized Grey Knights in the EU where they were neither light or dark.
Because the Light doesn't exist. You just have the Force and the Dark Side.You don't need a specific mindset to use one or the other, but if you use the Dark Side, there are consequences. The Jedi have a benevolent and peaceful philosophy, but it doesn't REALLY have anything to do with their use of the Force.

These so-called "Grey" knights didn't use the Force differently than the Jedi. They used what you call "Light", they just didn't follow the Jedi Code, but using the Dark Side was still strictly forbidden under penalty of death.