Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Consular's Rishi Visions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
The Consular's Rishi Visions

SirMandokarla
07.10.2015 , 01:29 AM | #1
I'd like to see speculation on what the voices meant when they spoke on Rishi during the Consular's Holocron quest. Naturally, personal canon and stories are welcome.

Servant One: "The Hand closes. Rejuvenation begins."
Moff Pyran: "Fire on Republic vessels!"
Lt. Iresso: "You were the best I ever knew. Goodbye, Jedi."
"There is no life. There is the Force."
Aric Jorgan: "For the Republic!"

Clearly, Servant One is referring to the resurrection of the Emperor. Moff Pyran's line is referring to the firing of the Silencer by Lord Kallig.
What about Iresso? His death is mentioned shortly after, so perhaps these are his last words to the Barsen'thor.
"There is no life", seems the sort of thing the Emperor would say. Could this line simply be more foreshadowing of His return?
Aric's line couldn't be a simple battlecry. That would be too ordinary. Perhaps they are his last words, just as Iresso's voice is?

These lines hit particularly close for me because the Silencer was the most difficult decision my Inquisitor, Darth Occlus, ever had to make, and my Consular has been fighting for Occlus' redemption for most of the war. Aric's line also struck me as a last stand and, with the Fallen Empire incoming, I realized the Major would die before the Republic fell. I heard it as the last words of Havoc Squad.

Cythereal
07.10.2015 , 06:56 AM | #2
I think not everything is expansion foreshadowing. My consular accepted that someday, Iresso will knowingly go to his death fighting a Sith Lord. Hardly an unexpected fate, all things considered. Perhaps the things she saw, both when meditating and when talking with the seer as she constructed her holocron will come to pass this expansion. Perhaps they will come to pass decades or centuries from now. Perhaps these possible futures won't happen at all.

Diviciacus
07.10.2015 , 10:03 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Cythereal View Post
Perhaps they will come to pass decades or centuries from now. Perhaps these possible futures won't happen at all.
I wrote down literally everything that is said in the Consular Rishi quest since I only ever got to Rishi on a character after Bioware told us that events in SOR foreshadow KOTFE. After realizing what the Consular is doing, I went through the chat log and wrote it all down.

Anyway, some events seem to be concrete, and those are the things Master O'a says to you when you first meet:
Spoiler

Some of the lines seem to be in the past, as well:
Spoiler

The events described when actually forging the holocron base also have to be concrete, or your character's judgment of them wouldn't be recorded in a holocron:
Spoiler
Nonne mei fratres congruitis nobis nostram cruore ferroque humum recipienda esse aut Imperium Aeternum quae omnia speremus peregerimusque vere perdat?
Conquering the Darkest Places, the ongoing misadventures of a Sith doing what's right by her.

typenine
07.10.2015 , 10:24 AM | #4
Lol i made a post on this

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...ht=kotfe+hints

Also the Voice that says "There is no life, There is the Force"
Is Vitiate's voice
It says Voice because at that point they hadn't revealed he was alive
If you want 7 Free days of subscription click the link below
If you want Free in game stuff click this

Katano
07.10.2015 , 10:38 AM | #5
Pretty sure they aren't killing off Jorgan since he is a romance option and people would lose their minds.

SithKoriandr
07.10.2015 , 11:04 AM | #6
I don't think it's Darth Lacaris (sp?) as it's Zenith you use in that fight. Could he be the soldier they're talking about?
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

AlrikFassbauer
07.10.2015 , 11:36 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by SirMandokarla View Post
Servant One: "The Hand closes. Rejuvenation begins."
"There is no life. There is the Force."
Both Emperor, I'm quite sure now.

RameiArashi
07.10.2015 , 11:53 AM | #8
Sire means father.

Diviciacus
07.10.2015 , 01:27 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by RameiArashi View Post
Sire means father.
I'm well aware what it means. No one ever uses it unless they're George RR Martin or breeding dogs. Or both.

My point was the choice wasn't accidental. There's a reason the writers used sire instead of father. Perhaps I'm reading too much into it, though. Master O'a is a Bothan, and they're kind of a dog-cat-ish species. Maybe they used sire for that reason, and that reason alone?
Nonne mei fratres congruitis nobis nostram cruore ferroque humum recipienda esse aut Imperium Aeternum quae omnia speremus peregerimusque vere perdat?
Conquering the Darkest Places, the ongoing misadventures of a Sith doing what's right by her.

Senrie
07.10.2015 , 02:19 PM | #10
Seneschal was interesting because we only know of one other person who used that title:

Quote:
When Lord Hoth decided to take the offensive against the Sith in 1010 BBY, he gathered Jedi Lords and their bands of knights from across the galaxy, a movement that swelled until the Grand Council of the Order declared all the Jedi baronies united as the Army of Light, commanded by Lord Hoth bearing the ancient title of Seneschal.
Apprentice is a term used by jedi, by the way. Fairly commonly too. Jedi Apprentice, anybody?