Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Fallen Empire storyline is dumb.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
The Fallen Empire storyline is dumb.

Garstefer
11.08.2016 , 06:47 PM | #71
This entire expansion has me seriously considering re-rolling my Jedi Knight and avoiding this entire Fallen Empire disaster completely. Feels nothing like Star Wars (which is why I play this game in the first place) and now I feel like all of the work I've put in up to this point was a waste. Should've asked questions before starting this dumpster fire of a storyline.

RTCBrad
11.10.2016 , 04:08 AM | #72
It was quite dumb our characters are billed as the saviors yet clearly we need a pretty serious crutch to be able to contend with anyone from Valks family, the story so far just makes the PC feel weak and really quite unimportant.

We've been the whipping boy/girl since the beginning of KotFE, we get thrown around in pretty much every cutscene, we almost get killed and only manage to contend with Arcann because we use shields and other crutches to help us.

As far as I can tell it goes like this -

Valk>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Senya>Vaylin>>>>>Arca nn>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Outlander

BW has done a really crappy job of making you feel like a hero imo.

The original stories were great but somewhere along the line we lost all that power and awesomeness.

Though this only applies to Jedi/Sith characters we were the most powerful force users in the Galaxy.

The non force classes you would expect to die at the hands of Valks family it doesn't even make a shred of sense that they would go after people like Valks family, it would be like Han Solo trying to shoot Darth Vader and last all of 5 seconds.

In a lot of ways KoTFE doesn't feel like Star Wars in the slightest.

PowerJediRanger
11.10.2016 , 08:26 AM | #73
Must admit I'm finding myself not liking the story. My character seems to be more of a figurehead and used as some strong powerful attack dog for the Alliance as well as that any decisions I make for myself there is always someone not happy. I don't mind that but would be nice if they try to understand my character rather then get disrespectful. Then again I'm used to companions that are easy to please some how from the original chapters.

More then once, like every chapter, I felt I'm being groomed to take over to rule Zakuul. Sure I imagine some people doing that but not me.
"Do or do not, there is no try."

SithKoriandr
11.10.2016 , 11:13 AM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by PowerJediRanger View Post
Must admit I'm finding myself not liking the story. My character seems to be more of a figurehead and used as some strong powerful attack dog for the Alliance as well as that any decisions I make for myself there is always someone not happy. I don't mind that but would be nice if they try to understand my character rather then get disrespectful. Then again I'm used to companions that are easy to please some how from the original chapters.

More then once, like every chapter, I felt I'm being groomed to take over to rule Zakuul. Sure I imagine some people doing that but not me.
That's what the SI is when they become a Dark Council member. Consular felt a little more involved as a member of the council as a Jedi, but barely. Unless you want to think of them as the more adventurous, get your hands dirty members of their respective councils.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry