Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Since ranked is dead, let's ruin regs? (BW feel free to stop this behavior anytime)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Since ranked is dead, let's ruin regs? (BW feel free to stop this behavior anytime)

Lhancelot
04.08.2020 , 01:52 PM | #1
So, there are two premade groups that are deliberately not playing objectives, they let the other team cap all three nodes in Yavin, then they just farmed kills the entire match not trying to do anything except fight and ruin the match for anyone that wants to play objectively.

When someone said "Imagine travelling in a big premade to farm kills in a Yavin ruins" one of the tanks in the one premade said, "4 teams all stopped playing", "sad days." Others chimed in with, "bad cuz bad?" and other comments to the guy pointing out how they were using their premade to ruin regs. Kudos to that guy for not being afraid to say something about it.

So, it's clear these losers now have decided to not only ruin ranked with their toxic behavior, but they are going to ruin regs too and troll people all the while doing it. The quality of human being on MMOs apparently has been reduced to nothing but sadistic bratty manbabies especially when it comes to PVP on swtor. Sad days indeed.

Oh. People sure did petition too. So, BW don't pretend people have not complained about this, it's now official there are reports sent in. Hopefully these scumbags get a nice break from the game, maybe they will appreciate it again if they can't play for a week or two.
Please join the discussion on how to improve rewards for PVP
HERE
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...82#post9840582

DarkTergon
04.08.2020 , 02:47 PM | #2
don't suppose you captured any of it? Not sure BW would do anything about it either way, but it's worth a shot.
There's a lot of toxic people around at the moment, seems to have gotten worse lately, not just in WZ's, but in general, most planets are becoming like DK, but at least if someone is being a dick in chat, you can switch it off , or just ignore them. In WZ's, the only option is to stop, which is unfair as there's a part of the community that only play the game for PvP
You know you can't fix an idiot, turns out you can't quarantine them either!!!
Feel free to click the link and get all the usual goodies
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

JattaGin
04.08.2020 , 03:37 PM | #3
Sorry to say it, but regs have been ruined in 2012.

Is there no one left who was there and remembers?
Bioware offers a friend referal system which gives referred players a couple of goodies (incl. 7 free days of sub and a neat free 10 x inventory slot for every character) and referring players some little shinies and cartel coins.
I would be happy if you choose my referral link to grab your free goodies.

KendraP
04.08.2020 , 03:55 PM | #4
I encountered one of these groups in a Novare this morning I think. On the opposite team, whole group farming mid, still managed to outdamage them haha. They weren't even a good farm group.

Like if anyone understands running regs with friends, its me, as someone who used to be notorious for doing so. That said, we always played the game mode we were queuing for. If they're really so competitive, why don't they care to win?

Lhancelot
04.08.2020 , 03:59 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
If they're really so competitive, why don't they care to win?
Right. I think they are sadistic and enjoy the whole process of angering/irritating other players. There's no other reason to it, and also the added benefit of getting to see their numbers at the top of the Scoreboard at the end.

They confirmed their motive though, when they all gleefully exclaimed that ranked was not popping, so they would do regs and ruin it, because the players complaining are "mad cuz bad." Really juvenile behavior exhibited.
HERE

Floplag
04.08.2020 , 04:09 PM | #6
This would have been a completely new and fresh take on the state of regs.... a few years ago.
Since the whole quarantine began i dont think ive had but a handful of matches that werent completely imbalanced by such things.
At this point i remembered why i left when i did and have picked WoW back up again on the side to get away from it as its just not fun anymore.
Soon enough it would seem the premades will have to actually fight each other as very few will be left aside from themselves, and they will have only themselves to blame.
Floplag - Merc/Mando
Referral link, cause why not: http://www.swtor.com/r/wdLxth

DarkTergon
04.08.2020 , 04:39 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Floplag View Post
This would have been a completely new and fresh take on the state of regs.... a few years ago.
Since the whole quarantine began i dont think ive had but a handful of matches that werent completely imbalanced by such things.
At this point i remembered why i left when i did and have picked WoW back up again on the side to get away from it as its just not fun anymore.
Soon enough it would seem the premades will have to actually fight each other as very few will be left aside from themselves, and they will have only themselves to blame.
the premades are one problem, but this is premade troll groups, which is entirely different, and worse :/
You know you can't fix an idiot, turns out you can't quarantine them either!!!
Feel free to click the link and get all the usual goodies
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

KendraP
04.08.2020 , 04:53 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Right. I think they are sadistic and enjoy the whole process of angering/irritating other players. There's no other reason to it, and also the added benefit of getting to see their numbers at the top of the Scoreboard at the end.

They confirmed their motive though, when they all gleefully exclaimed that ranked was not popping, so they would do regs and ruin it, because the players complaining are "mad cuz bad." Really juvenile behavior exhibited.
what, ranked players killed ranked and now are playing in regs where they have zero desire to perform objectives so they ruin everyone else's fun while gleefully proclaiming themselves the best despite having a 25% win rate because objective play is beneath them?

The group in the novare this morning was just amusing, set 2 maras and a jugg to killing me repeatedly after I and like 2 other people killed their healer. They still lost because I sidetracked them away from the node and my team took it. Situational awareness friends

Lhancelot
04.08.2020 , 05:13 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTergon View Post
the premades are one problem, but this is premade troll groups, which is entirely different, and worse :/
Exactly. ^

It's sad when a gaming company has to be the moral compass and tell players when their behavior is inappropriate but clearly that's what needs to be done at this point. When you confront them, all they do is taunt and ridicule you and then continue the behavior.
HERE

DzastinBiberi
04.08.2020 , 09:30 PM | #10
Well, sadly BW will do nothing about it, since it's not against the rules to form a group for regs or TR.
I don't know on which server you're playing but seeing premades, good or bad is often on DM server. Some ppl group up just for fun, some do play objectives, other brainless one's are just farming poor ppl who queued alone.

It might not be the solution, but you can always form your own group and run them over.