Is Vader really that awesome

DrSuSe

I'm just thinking Darth Vader is huge and slow he can't shoot lighting and he can barley move his lightsaber. The only reason he killed the emperor is because he manned up in front of his son and threw THREW not fight THREW him in the pit. Anyone can take vader like that just keep your distance or you'll be on Vaders back. Edited by DrSuSe

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well for those that played Star Wars Battle Front 2 Darth Vader was horrible, but then again so was Yoda. Vader is too bulky. Also, you have to consider that even Darth Sidious wanted to replace Vader after he was defeated on Mustafar and burned. He wanted to recruit a new replacement for Vader. Or at least certain books make it seem that way.

Ya thats my point he can be killed easy in a battlefield by trying to turn around he would be shot half way because he is a slower than a turtle

Even if he couldn't deflect blaster shots with his lightsaber (which he can) his armor could withstand them.

In the movie he blocks them with his bare hands and in the game he takes shots withotu any problems.

Edited by meshade

That's a good point and he is an interesting character even if he isn't physically the coolest person in the movies. His flawed personality really makes him cool to a lot of people watching the movies. Also, his attempt at redemption made him a lot cooler in my mind... but I will never forgive him for killing the jedi.

Eh, I think they could have done a lot better with Darth Vader considering he was supposed to be "the chosen one" to bring balance to the force. Not to mention he had a stronger connection to the force than even Master Yoda. He should have been a lot more powerful than he was and he should certainly have been more powerful than Palpatine.

I'm just thinking Darth Vader is huge and slow he can't shoot lighting and he can barley move his lightsaber. The only reason he killed the emperor is because he manned up in front of his son and threw THREW not fight THREW him in the pit. Anyone can take vader like that just keep your distance or you'll be on Vaders back.

Vader can exert several tons of kinetic force at once through the Force, and he was sand-bagging whenever he fought Luke in the OT. If he wanted Luke dead, he would have moved faster than Luke's eyes would have been capable of tracking at the time, and hit him with a blow powerful enough to rend durasteel. Vader was a scary son of a *****.

To be honest, I think almost ALL the major OT characters are made more powerful than they should be, simply because it's George Lucas's original characters, especially Luke, Vader/Anakin, and Sidious, a lot of people take Lucas's word as law, personally, I don't because the Star Wars Universe, thanks to all the EU has gone far beyond EU, and if you go by Lucas's words, I'm pretty sure he said Palpatine died on Endor, he never had any clones, etc. GL doesn't care about EU, he wants the OT characters to be the most powerful in Star Wars, because he came up with the idea of them, at the very beginning of Star wars.

Vader in the movies looks slow and bulky because it was the 1970s. tech was primitive, so there was only so much that could be done. Also in the OT lightsabers actually had edges, not all around glow-bat death, so the fighting style was based heavily on real world styles not back flipping laser sword fights.

Also, Lucas is pretty spot on about much of the EU. It's mostly crap with a few gems. A cloned Emperor defeats the purpose of the Chosen one prophecy and removes Vader's sacrifice as anything important.

Edited by tausra

A mage in wow would kyte and icelance vader to death.

I'll bite. Vader would simply apply 10 tons of crushing force in all directions at once on the mage, from a much greater distance than what said mage can strike from. Also, Vader can regenerate bodily harm at a phenominal rate when angry. No frost mage would have the damage to kill him, or the defenses to stop him. That is that. Put the Kaiburr crystal in his hands and then watch him go toe-to-toe with some of the stronger demi-gods in Warcraft. I don't think people realize just how powerful Vader actually is.

I'll bite. Vader would simply apply 10 tons of crushing force in all directions at once on the mage, from a much greater distance than what said mage can strike from. Also, Vader can regenerate bodily harm at a phenominal rate when angry. No frost mage would have the damage to kill him, or the defenses to stop him. That is that. Put the Kaiburr crystal in his hands and then watch him go toe-to-toe with some of the stronger demi-gods in Warcraft. I don't think people realize just how powerful Vader actually is.

Wut about Vader vs Grom? Interesting matchup, considering Vader uses the Force but Grom killed Mannaroth AND Cenarius

Let's get past simple aesthetics and 'powers' to what Vader did in the movies that made him such a ******.

• Surveyed the storming the Tantive IV, killed Captain Antilles by crushing his throat while lifing him off the ground with one arm.
  • Inspired terror in his own men, choked Admiral Motti.
  • Came up with the plan to track the rebels to their base by allowing them to escape.
  • Tortured Leia.
  • Killed Obi Wan.
  • Killed rebel pilots ship-to-ship only failing to prevent the destruction of the Death Star due to timely intervention by the Millennium Falcon.
  • Fled back to Imperial space as the only survivor.
  • Began the search for the Rebels using probe droids.
  • Correctly identified Hoth as the rebel base.
  • Killed Admiral Ozzel for his incompetence, inspired terror in his Subordinates.
  • Stormed the Rebel base at the head of the the Snowtroopers.
  • Mercilessly hounded the Rebels through the Asteroid field.
  • Hired bounty hunters to track down the Falcon when the Navy failed.
  • After the bounty hunters succeeded, he successfully captured, tortured and froze Han Solo in carbonite.
  • Beat Luke Skywalker in a duel.
  • Oversaw the construction of the Second Death Star.
  • Almost succeeded in turning Luke to the Dark Side, only being beaten by him once he had done so.
  • Killed the Emperor.

Let us compare to our Prequel trilogy villains!

Darth Maul:

• Stood around looking menacing and saying very little.
  • Chased Queen Amidala.
  • Fought Qui-Gon for about 10 seconds.
  • Turned up to fight Obi Wan and Qui Gon again.
  • Killed Qui Gon, then got bisected.

Count Dooku

• Had a stupid name.
  • Tried to lure Obi-Wan over to his side in such a bland boring way after never having met him before that people were uncertain if he was actually trying to do it.
  • Ran away.
  • Beat Anakin and Obi-Wan before getting beaten by Yoda.
  • Ran away in a space ship.
  • Died on the Invisible hand after doing almost nothing.

General Greivous.

• Chuckled a bit.
  • Ran away.
  • Hid.
  • Ran away again on a wheel.
  • Was killed by Obi Wan as he tried to escape.

Darth Vader sadly suffers from the OT syndrome of lack of CGI special effects. While I believe Lucas DID go overboard with them, the fact that he was able to show Jedi and Sith with much more prowess can't be ignored. One of the reasons I wanted Episode III to feature Vader post-suit more was so we could see Lucas' actual "vision" of what he could do as a Sith Lord.

The opening mission of Force Unleashed alongside some of the newer Dark Times -era comics demonstrate a much more capable Vader; not to mention the very good novel "Dark Lord: The rise of Darth Vader."

George Lucas has stated on many occasions that Darth Vader was second most powerfull force user in cannon, only Sidious was more powerfull. While he did lose some of his connection to the force he had it back and then some by ROTJ

Rofl. Show him a picture of Padmé, and watch him take on Thor, Black Bolt, The Marvel Zombies AND MAGNETO and win ! Amirite ? Watch him kill gods, etc...

I'd just like to chime in with one opinion...

Vader picking up and throwing the Emporor was NOT just a pro-wrestling move of physical strength.

He was using his ability in the force to overcome and physically move one of the most powerful force users ever...all while absorbing attacks from the same force user.

What we see on the screen is a big bulky guy lifting a feeble looking old man.

What was REALLY happening was a titanic battle of the most powerful users of the force ever.

IMHO Vader is crazy powerful.

I'm just thinking Darth Vader is huge and slow he can't shoot lighting and he can barley move his lightsaber. The only reason he killed the emperor is because he manned up in front of his son and threw THREW not fight THREW him in the pit. Anyone can take vader like that just keep your distance or you'll be on Vaders back.

Vader is a Boss!

Vader and ME!

Vadar was a tool , the suit was made to keep him weakend so he could never be a challenge to Palpitine . Merek beat Vadar 2 times and would have killed the sith Empire if he was as smart and powerful as Palpitine.

Luke was not powerful till the EU that takes place after the movies, Luke would never beat Vadar if it was not for Vadar's love for him that made it impossible to hate his own son and there for making the darkside useless on Luke !