Expertise - the Debate Thread, Place your Vote!

DarkHelsing

It's not needed.

Any other major advantage besides skill is for players who are really not that good at pvp or afraid that they won't be good (even if they would be) or just are a-holes who want huge advantage over others with combined skill and gear.

I would also like to point out that this vote is kinda useless since the premises are not clear. People now have different notions on what a different pvp system would incorporate. Now there are peeps who vote 'needed' so that pve gear would not dominate. Then there are peeps like me who vote 'not needed' that assume that there would not be any kind of gear advantage in pvp (i.e the pve gear would not be a factor either).

Edited by Krystaf

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then there are peeps like me who vote 'not needed' that assume that there would not be any kind of gear advantage in pvp (i.e the pve gear would not be a factor either).

This is exactly the problem with people like you... as you put it. You understand there there needs to be a even playing field, but your narrow view of the game doesn't allow you to see that once people are WH geared or even mostly BM with a mix of WH then the game balances out. 2 people in full WH gear cancel out any expertise they have. It is effectively a skill based game at that point (assuming classes are balanced within reason). A person in full BM gear, with skill, can kill players that are full WH.

So the game is more about skill and the progression rate to BM is now incredibly fast. Less than a week at 50 and I have all my expensive BM pieces bought so at this rate I should be full BM geared in a week and a half or so. It would have been much faster if my server wasn't low pop with insane queue times outside the very small peak window which is roughly 2-3 hours a day.

I dont like expertise, in fact i'd like to have default gear for ranked WZs. This would also allow them to balance competitive PVP away from PVE / Casual PVP, and getting rid of the huge grind before you can start to play competitively would be a good thing in my book.

I dont like expertise, in fact i'd like to have default gear for ranked WZs. This would also allow them to balance competitive PVP away from PVE / Casual PVP, and getting rid of the huge grind before you can start to play competitively would be a good thing in my book.

For ranked WZ or some other kind of tournament PvP yea I'm all for everyone is given a set of gear and they say use this. Sadly people will be annoyed they wouldn't have use for their new uber gear in Ranked WZ and some will chose to not bother. What happened to PvPing for the battle. That's what a tournament is about.

I thought this thread was dead but low and behold after how many days of the OP bumping his own thread with updates when no one posted triggered more people to post.

What? Till now, I haven't touched this thread in about 3 weeks... misguided people will always be misguided... GG

Edited by DarkHelsing