A New Order - Admiral Shai - Ilum

Griso

Guys,

I could use some help here, I'm stuck on this Ilum quest, I probably suck but doesn't matter what I try, I simply can't get down admiral Shai. All the time I found myself suddenly full of DOT I can't get rid of... Doesn't matter what I do, avoiding aoe, healing, dps.. I die...

Is there any fellow merc vbale to provide me a hint or something to get over it?

Cheers,

I just did this last night, took me 2 failed attempts but here is what I did.

Dps him and his adds till I got 4 stacks of the debuff, then I ran around doing nothing but avoiding him while Mako cc'd and smacked him around. When he spawned the adds I still los''d him and killed the adds quickly.

The 4 stack of debuff will come off slowly but they will drop off.....then give yourself a big heal and dps him some more. In the end Mako finished him off while I was running around avoid him.

I still cannot believe after all that crap and the beating she took from him and adds that she gave me a -30 aff for putting a bullet in his head.

I just did this last night, took me 2 failed attempts but here is what I did.

Dps him and his adds till I got 4 stacks of the debuff, then I ran around doing nothing but avoiding him while Mako cc'd and smacked him around. When he spawned the adds I still los''d him and killed the adds quickly.

The 4 stack of debuff will come off slowly but they will drop off.....then give yourself a big heal and dps him some more. In the end Mako finished him off while I was running around avoid him.

I still cannot believe after all that crap and the beating she took from him and adds that she gave me a -30 aff for putting a bullet in his head.

haha just like a wife huh? she is never happy

• 1 month later...

yea this boss is a pain in the butt, you gotta just get rid of the debuffs by LoSing him and trying to avoid him hurting you since the debuffs will reduce healing done to you and damage you deal by like 100% so its impossible to do anything while your debuffed.

I feel like this boss is broken or it should be listed as a Heroic 2+ since its almost impossible to kill him without trying to LoS him

• 2 weeks later...

Just completed this on Powertech and it was a disaster the first attempt but went smoothly the second once I read some tips.

To avoid the debuff you need to interupt his Deadly Shots ability, which he only does on coming out of stealth. Powertech should have enough interupts to cope with this, but Mercenary might struggle depending on build. So the best thing you can do is use Mako and keep her Electro-Stasis on manual control. If you save this ability and use it on him as soon as he reappears you won't get the debuff.

Avoid the debuff and this is a straightforward fight.

Edited by Cernow

Just completed this on Powertech and it was a disaster the first attempt but went smoothly the second once I read some tips.

To avoid the debuff you need to interupt his Deadly Shots ability, which he only does on coming out of stealth. Powertech should have enough interupts to cope with this, but Mercenary might struggle depending on build. So the best thing you can do is use Mako and keep her Electro-Stasis on manual control. If you save this ability and use it on him as soon as he reappears you won't get the debuff.

Avoid the debuff and this is a straightforward fight.

Onoes, i have to compensate for boss mechanics and not just nuke til dead?! UNPOSSIBLE, REQUIRES GROUP.

I just let Blizz tank him. I believe it took me three or four stealths before he dies while Bodyguard spec. As long as a companion grabs agro first you won't need to deal with the debuff. The fight requires some lateral thinking, but is otherwise not that bad. The adds are laughable; Admiral should be your focus whenever he's able to be punished.

• 2 months later...
This quest is STILL bugged after 2 months.... way to fail bioware.... way to fail...

And now that I'm not completely and utterly angry at how fail this quest is... let me actually be constructive. Here is what it is doing:

1) Mobs - these seem to be spawning at the correct intervals. BUT... They may be invisible and untargetable (happened to 4 mobs out of probably 10 or 12 throughout me trying to figure this out).

2) The boss. You seemed to have fixed some of the problems that others have mentioned (being overtuned for the single player). With that said. When he does kick your *****, it takes far too long for him to respawn (in the range of 2 to 4 minutes). This seems to be the case even when you beat him (which I have done just prior to writing this post, still waiting for him to spawn so I may talk to him).

Thanks

He gives you stacking debuff and enough of those you will receive 0 healing from any source including medpacks. Take tank or dps companion and dps like madman until it goes down or make yourself favour and get friend to help you.

I completed this around 7 days ago.

First I tried the LOS, and failed dismally

Then after reading some threads I retried as follows - Use Mako, just stand next to her. Clear the adds, he'll reappear right where she's standing - he then starts to cast his debuff, interrupt him (Rocket punch, etc), then DPS until he disappears.

Worked a treat

I went in as Mercenary Bounty Hunter. As per some previous posts, I just put Mako's electrostasis on manual. I used this for the first interrupt, electro-dart for the second interrupt and then electrostasis for the last one. Three is all it took with Columi gear fitted to take him down.

• 2 months later...

1. Twenty minutes of fighting through "ANOTHER tunnel/ hallway, then another twenty minutes of running back through the same tunnel/hallway filled with EVERYTHING you just fought.

2. A very difficulty pre-boss fight that uses up all your "10 second", "30 second", 2 "Minute,", and "10 Minute" med droid wait times.

3. A boss, that can disappear and reappear in the middle of a fight then disappears one last at 5% health RESEATING THE ENTIRE INSTANCE.

Just a note to the programmers, gamers DO like challenges.

They just don't like long....... Long..........LONG periods of repetitiveness, and in game bugs that make it through EIGHT MONTHS of live servers of and FOUR MAJOR PATCHES!

FYI , Please enough with the tunnels of re-spawns, Bioware did that to death.

Edited by Jrea

• 3 weeks later...

Actually, I had a tough time until I figured out how to beat him.

Someone already said it, the key is to interrupt his Deadly Shot. Unlike other people that ran around and trying to keep out of his sight so to speak, I stood my ground. Moving only to attack the pops that came when he disappeared. But I always tried to keep him focused on me and kept Quinn out of his line of sight.

As soon as he appeared, I hit him with my interrupt. I never dropped below 80% Health.

Then, at the end, I arrested him. I did not want to fight him again...

Edited by Cyankee

• 2 months later...

Tried 4 or 5 times with Mako - no success, even trying to interupt Deadly Shots.

Easily did it first try with Bliz (put on him my Recruit Set) , focus on admiral, adds killing while admiral is cloaking away. Finally Bliz was put down, but i've already shot admiral to nothing...

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Was ready to Hulk out into a rage, until I saw the line-of-sight thing. Used my merc's interrupts + avoiding line of sight + Mako tanking (which worked REALLY well), and it was an easy fight. I was shocked, but it's really easy if you interrupt, don't let him see you, then smack him hard when you've got no debuffs. Good recommendations, guys.

• 4 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Just finished the battle with Admiral Shai.

Let me just say one thing... do yourselves all a big favor and do NOT try to fight him with your companion set as a healer. It's nearly impossible to win that way.

I tried multiple times and got completely trashed each time.

As soon as you can't heal during the fight you have no chance anymore and running around (at least for me) was useless.

Instead, set your companion to tank mode and let him/her take the damage while you concentrate on defeating the enemies quickly.

It became VERY easy once I changed my companion into a tank.

I hope this helps all of you, who had as large a problem as I did, to defeat this very annoying boss.

Edited by RNShadowfox