Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Swift Wind useless?

Wylfing
12.13.2011 , 08:32 PM | #1
I never ventured into the Focus tree at all, but Swift Wind seems like a skill that is universally panned. What makes everyone avoid a skill which is, to all appearances, rather good?

Bgiffo
12.13.2011 , 09:19 PM | #2
You mean Second Wind? Probably because it's a pvp talent. And the other pvp talents higher in the tree seem a bit better.

Wylfing
12.13.2011 , 09:39 PM | #3
Oops doggone yes Second Wind is what I meant. How is this strictly a PvP talent?

Bgiffo
12.13.2011 , 10:21 PM | #4
Because it effects the ability Resolute (Breaks you free from all incapacitating and movement-impairing effects), which has extremely limited applications in PvE. As far as PvP goes it's not bad, I just think there are better options. But it can't hurt to play around with it if you want.

reofjsof
12.13.2011 , 10:39 PM | #5
it's a solid PvP talent imo

10% may not seem like a lot, but it can decide a fight

Bgiffo
12.14.2011 , 12:11 AM | #6
It might actually be really good if you pvp as a tank. A larger health pool combined with a larger amount of resistances could make that 10% go pretty far.

KiranK
12.14.2011 , 05:26 AM | #7
I skip it because it's useful, but it's not as good as Zephyr. There's only so many talent points and I'd rather have swift slash and Zephyr than second wind.
There's no QQing in baseball.

Wylfing
12.14.2011 , 08:24 AM | #8
I'm going to have to experiment in-game (whenever I get in!). I never watched too closely in beta what made Resolute light up. My understanding, however, is that rockets, grenades, kicks, laser barrages, many Force powers...all that stuff should trigger Resolute. So this is most definitely not limited to PvP.

To me, it seems like the combination of Defiance and Second Wind should make practically any "effect" that hits you more of a help than a hindrance.

Atamasama
12.14.2011 , 04:45 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Wylfing View Post
I'm going to have to experiment in-game (whenever I get in!). I never watched too closely in beta what made Resolute light up. My understanding, however, is that rockets, grenades, kicks, laser barrages, many Force powers...all that stuff should trigger Resolute. So this is most definitely not limited to PvP.

To me, it seems like the combination of Defiance and Second Wind should make practically any "effect" that hits you more of a help than a hindrance.
It's not limited solely to PvP, but you get knocked down/stunned far less in PvE. In PvP, everyone is trying to CC you constantly because it's one of the most effective ways to fight. In PvE while it's not exactly rare, it's not a constant concern.
⋐‖║╿╿╿╿▀▀‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾)