TAW (The Art of Warfare)

Ardicus

Allow me to introduce our guild to you. The Art of Warfare online gaming community has been around since 2001, with more than 1900 members playing over 20 games of all genres, from FPS, RTS, MOBA, and of course MMORPGs. In SWTOR we have been around since launch (originally from The Fatman server) and have two healthy sister guilds here on Prophecy of the Five: <Republic of TAW> and <Empire of TAW>. We also have an EU Empire guild on The Tomb of Freedon Nadd server.

We have a large community of players and our guilds are strongly grounded in teamwork and friendship. Every member is treated equally and with respect, and we have a wide range of people coming from all walks of life. If you are looking for a family atmosphere but still want to get down to business, you've found your new SWTOR home.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Qualifications to join our guild:

Be respectful to others, regardless of guild affiliation

Be at least 15 years old and mature

Willingness to learn, participate, and be part of a team.

Have TeamSpeak 3 and a working microphone

Complete an application and orientation

Attend weekly guild meetings on Sundays at 9pm EST

Believe in, and follow our established CODE OF ETHICS

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recruitment status:OPEN

All levels, classes, and interests are welcome!

We are especially looking for PvP-oriented people for our RWZ team!

Check out this thread for more info

Current GUILD ROSTER

PvE Progression:

Empire: 4/4 HM EC, 2/5 HM TFB, 1/4 NiM EC

Republic: 4/4 HM EC, 3/5 HM TFB

We have 2 operations groups for each faction - one progression and one for gearing up

Our Schedule:

Mandatory Guild Meeting / Special Events: Sundays 9pm EST

Empire: PvP Mon/Wed 7:30pm, Ops Tues/Thurs 8:30pm and 11:59pm EST

Republic: PvP Mon/Wed 7:30pm, Ops Tues/Thurs 8:30pm and Fri/Sat at 11:59pm EST

For more information, check out OUR WEBSITE or email one of our officers: TIGGERR@taw.net | Zoloft@taw.net | DeMann@taw.net.

If you're ready to join our family, fill out an application HERE.

Edited by Ardicus

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to be the 2nd one to say something about TAW. i've been in this guild for over 5 years now and i dont see any other guild offering the same things TAW's does. we give away items out side the game like this week we have Xbox live 12 month gold membership windows ultimate 32 and 64 bit. 60 day game card for swtor and more. if you like getting stuff just for playing the game and help out the guild your in were the place you want to be. and if you some one that love being a leader and kicking butt doing were the place you want too be. if you looking to join your can message me on tazzy/Zarreq on the empire side and tazmanian/nilejax on republic side Edited by Pawnkin

We are definitely looking forward to working with other guilds and players from our new server. We came from the Fatman, and bring loads of fun times ahead to include experienced players, Raids, World events etc. Currently we are pushing 2 almost 3 raids Tuesdays and Thursdays on both our Empire and Republic teams. We have an abundant amount of 50's and loads of fun times ahead. To see how many players we have at any given moment feel free to view our current rosters HERE. Edited by Ardicus

On Republic we have 2 ops groups currently (very soon to be three) running on Tues/Thurs from 8:30pm-11pm EDT. One group runs SM EV/KP, one group runs HM EV/KP, and an upcoming group will be running SM Denova and NiM EV/KP. We are recruiting folks of all roles and use a signup system to maintain fairness. If you have the pre-requisite gear and sign up ahead of time, your spot is guaranteed. Everyone has equal opportunity for loot, independent of time in the guild. We're very organized and you'll feel right at home here. If you have any questions, by all means ask me - my characters on Republic are Zoloc and Prozaq.

Dear Forum Post Viewers,

I would also like to add I joined the TAW gaming community just shy of 2 months ago, and I can confidently say

that The Art of Warfare is everything I would want or think a gaming community could offer in my opinion. Being a PC gamer for 15+ years I have experienced a bit of everything to say the least. The structure, organization and great atmosphere that TAW offers is second to none.

Ecast

Personally, having the kind of structure that TAW offers in the gaming world makes the gaming experience that much better. I am never without having someone to call on to get help with heroics or flashpoints or war zones. The sense of community TAW gives its members makes me look forward to not just playing the game whenever I log in, but also hanging out with the fun people in the guild. TAW has at least doubled the amount of fun I have playing this game.

Shai

Edited by Murmedon
forgot to sign my name

Well we do strive for quality over just the numbers other guilds provide. Sure we could say things like We have over 100 members, dedicated to running End game SM/HM/Nightmare and end game PVP etc. but it isn't just about that. we take membership from anyone wanting a good friendship, fun times, and team players. I personally don't believe in only having a guild of "maxed out premium players" We believe in the player as a whole from the little guy (newbie) to the bigger peeps (50 and geared.) Its like the show cheers, we are a clan where "Everybody knows your name".

I can honestly say that TAW is one of the best guilds out there. All of the guild members are understanding and they will work with you, no matter what the situation. The people in this guild are awesome and the conversations we have on teamspeak are the funniest conversations you will hear. I hope you join us at this wonderful family.

I have been part of TAW for a bit more than a month now, and I have to say I will never look for another guild again. I have played MMOs since Ultima Online, and I have always been bad about guild hopping for many different reasons. I have to say, though, as far as a gaming community goes TAW has given me a permanent place. The structure, respect, and friendship I have found in this guild are second to none.

While undergoing personal family duress, I am on leave from guild administration and simply appreciating playing the game to help me forget while we all deal with the situation. While on leave, I can recall how much this online family feels to me like a group who is supportive, caring, and encouraging.

This isn't uncommon for people to help at times like this. What comes to mind is that people are not merely sympathetic, they are empathetic and even adamant that I take time off to deal with this. I can't help feeling that I was given a loving shove back into reality to deal with family first, red tape and desk work in the guild later.

This group cares.

Thank you guys. I'll keep recruiting as I can, as I always have with my big mouth. And when I'm ready, the Force will always be my guide and also my toolkit.

To anyone reading this not yet in our guild: we welcome you with open arms and blasters ready. Bring your passion, bring your serenity, bring your skillz and farm your credits. We're hitting Denova and about ready to hammer hard modes on Prophecy of the Five, <Republic of TAW> and <Empire of TAW>. Send mails to swtorinfo at TAW.NET (there's more, but these will get you where you need to go too).

The Force is with you always

Kind words indeed, our members are active and enthusiastic to say the least. Scheduled events are starting now, and Guild representation. yes other guilds are stronger in PVP then we are at the moment, but we are in it to have fun win or lose. and one good thing is that no matter if we win or lose, we ALWAYS stick together. we stand together and die together (In game of course). We have lots of military and prior military within our ranks, and students from HS to College sticking tough.

Though we aren't a care bear guild, we do care, and will do what we can to help you in game to get gear, get leveled and of course get understanding of your class. Our SM/HM Ops groups are doing great and the friendships formed are great as well.

We are also accepting smaller guilds looking for more support to join with us. Not only will this allow for solid gameplay but will boost the experience as a player and knowledge of FPs/Ops groups. We have an abundance of 50s are readying for our 16 mans just needing geared.

if you are a a level 1 or 50 looking for a new home look no further we will take you as long as you aren't immature over 15 and are a team player.

Though we aren't a care bear guild, we do care, and will do what we can to help you in game to get gear, get leveled and of course get understanding of your class.

Care bears are totally welcome, btw. So snuggly!

But seriously, for us there is a time for socializing and shooting the breeze, and there is a time when we need to buckle down and defeat our enemies. We're great at balancing both and whatever your aims are, whether social or content-focused, you'll find a home here.

I joined TAW thru another game a few years ago and fell in love with the people and the structure i quit gamming for about a year and left TAW at that time once i started gaming again i rejoined TAW in the SWTOR Division and it was as if i had never left and always been there. TAW prides it self of being comprised of the best kind of people. If you are looking for the kind of guild or gaming clan were the drama is not an every day exp TAW may just be the guild you want to be in. We use Team Speak daily for communication for our groups activities or just to hang out and chat or listen while doing quests or pvp check us out at our website at TAW.NET you will not be disapointed.

We are totally psyched for 1.4 and and Terror From Beyond! Our advanced Ops group will likely run SM EC and SM TFB on a weekly basis starting within the next few weeks. All we're really missing for that group is a tank with a healthy columi/rakata mix. We still have plenty of openings for folks of all roles in our HM EV/KP group and SM EV/KP groups as well. Edited by DocZoloft

Hey, I read your post and all the other people who have posted about the guild. I just recently came back to the game after not playing since Jan. I have a 50 Sith Sorc. I healed before I left and never really DPS'd on her. I am wanting to make a tank to level up. I saw you guys need a tanks and heals on the Empire side so I figured I would ask what type of tank are you looking for? I made a Consular and was going to make him a Shadow tank but then I came across your post this morning while I am waiting for the game to come up so I figured I would ask and make whatever you needed, that is if you were willing to take on a new member:) I was hoping to go Republic this time around to see what it was like but I would rather play where I am needed. Thanks for your time.