Best spec for PvP or PvE for really understanding the class better.

xAshierx

I have been playing around with every class and Slinger/Sniper seems to be the class I excel at the most, so now I would like to focus as much as I can on them. Atm I wanted to ask where are the specs doing the best at? I have been able in the past to really focus on something when I have a clear goal in mind and wanted to get others opinion's on the spec's. What would you say is the spec that excels for PvP? What Spec excel's at PvE? I understand that knowing how to use all three makes you a even better player but getting a good grasp on what is shining in what area's I feel would really help me to understand how each one plays better. I understand the old, Play the one you like the most and just have fun, but the truth is I have the most fun Min-Maxing to find out what the best I can be is. So any help would be amazing and I really want to take everyone's opinion's to heart.

Both of my Gunslingers are Sharpshooters**. I've never really even tried the others because the skills for a Sharpshooter felt more to my liking. Sharpshooter works very well in PvE. I couldn't say what's best for PvP.

** Technically, I have 3 gunslingers but one is just a character I levelled to 50 (or w/e) to unlock the Twi'lek species. But he's also a sharpshooter. 🤔

The answer has always been and always will be the same:

1) Best PVP spec - BURST (i.e., Marksman, Sharpshooter) "But why burst?" Because burst rules in pvp. Cue the pvp DoT fan boys: "But I play DoT in PVP and I do fairly well."

But of course you do, dear.

2) Best PVE spec - BURST for leveling (i.e., Marksman, Sharpshooter). DoT for end game (Viru, Dirty). Burst for leveling to burn down targets fast. No time for DoTs. DoT for sustained damage on operation bosses and high level mobs end game. If no ops or MM then it doesn't matter what spec you play because all regular content is pretty much a joke. Engineering for the most AoE. No idea how it is on damage but probably not as good as Viru or Dirty.

• 1 month later...