"Heart of Sith"

Chasaskan

I've finished the class story on my Jedi Knight two times over, and there's something that still bugs me to this day. It's the part where Lord Scourge tells the Jedi Knight in a dialogue on board the ship, I believe, that he/she has the heart of a Sith.

Now, my 2nd JK, I could understand that, since he was a Pureblood.

However, I feel that there has to be more to that comment because my first JK was just a Human and most likely raised in the Order. (I haven't fully determined her backstory)

So what would make Lord Scourge tell a LS Jedi Knight that?

I haven't played that storyline yet but it could well just be "dun moch" in action where Sith lords try to unbalance opponents through taunts and suggestions, maybe even flip them to the dark side.

Another example would be what Dooku was doing with Anakin during the fight in the Ep. III movie.

I don't know, it came off to me as a compliment of sorts. Like he was surprised and respected her more because I dunno, maybe he saw that the Jedi weren't all what he thought them to be?

As for the movie part, I have no clue, I never watched the movies. I'm not a movie person. I prefer to read.

I've finished the class story on my Jedi Knight two times over, and there's something that still bugs me to this day. It's the part where Lord Scourge tells the Jedi Knight in a dialogue on board the ship, I believe, that he/she has the heart of a Sith.

Now, my 2nd JK, I could understand that, since he was a Pureblood.

However, I feel that there has to be more to that comment because my first JK was just a Human and most likely raised in the Order. (I haven't fully determined her backstory)

So what would make Lord Scourge tell a LS Jedi Knight that?

He says that not because he is saying that the JK has actual PBS blood in him, but rather because he is like the Sith (the organisation) in some spiritual / mental / etc. kind of way.

The word "Sith" is used for two different things:

* The Pureblood Sith species ("PBS")

* A member of the organisation (I use this word loosely) of Force users that runs the Empire and is opposed to the Jedi Order, no matter what that person's species is.

The second use is derived from the first, but it is definitely separated from it.

Scourge is saying that the JK's behaviour is worthy of a member of the Sith, that is, he is using the word in the second meaning.

The Knight was made Battlemaster of the order because of her ability and, more importantly, her will to fight. I think Scourge equates the heart of a Sith with the heart of a warrior. Several times in the Knight's story, people remark that the Council likes to talk and deliberate instead of take action, and Kira explicitly tells the Jedi that she's not like the other ones she knows. Her special affinity for battle makes her stand out from the rest of the more pacifist Jedi.

• 1 month later...
I feel like dialogue like this is screwy because of how they changed the companion affection/dialogue. It used to be companions only talked to you and liked you if you did things they agreed with, otherwise they would approve so at one time Scourge would have only had this conversation with a Jedi who had made enough DS choices to get his approval high enough (that's not counting gift spamming). Now, companions talk to you after certain milestones and you don't have to earn approval.

I don't think that was necessarily the case. I got him through all his conversations and my Jedi was LS.

I figured Scourge says that because he respects your competence. It's not like the dialogue tree assumes you are a Dark Jedi if you are talking to him. I believe the only companion conversation tree that assumes your alignment is still Ashara's.

I don't think that was necessarily the case. I got him through all his conversations and my Jedi was LS.

I figured Scourge says that because he respects your competence. It's not like the dialogue tree assumes you are a Dark Jedi if you are talking to him. I believe the only companion conversation tree that assumes your alignment is still Ashara's.

Without spamming him with gifts (and before they changed approval and disapproval to "influence")? I remember back in those days there were companions that would never talk to me because they disapproved of my actions or because I never used them. The only way I could get Khem to talk to my inquisitor was through gifts and he spoke like my purely LS inquisitor had been at least somewhat DS. He mentioned something like my character was cruel and thought he was stronger than he actually was or something along those lines.

Edited by Nefla

Without spamming him with gifts (and before they changed approval and disapproval to "influence")? I remember back in those days there were companions that would never talk to me because they disapproved of my actions or because I never used them. The only way I could get Khem to talk to my inquisitor was through gifts and he spoke like my purely LS inquisitor had been at least somewhat DS. He mentioned something like my character was cruel and thought he was stronger than he actually was or something along those lines.

I remember that line,

Edited by OldVengeance