How exactly is this a Light Side mission?

Synica

I don't know how many people actually read the missions before sending your crew, but this one doesn't seem right.

https://i.imgur.com/bgF77ba.png

Tricking a noble into marrying one of your followers, taking the dowry and running? Short of killing a few younglings on the way out, I don't see how that could be any more of a darkside choice.

Edited by Synica

Oh its lightside alright. Once your companion steals the dowry, the old aristocrat won't have any more money (I assume the dowry was monetary stealing 6 cows might be harder) for dowries. Then the cousin won't have to worry about the meddling old coot and they are free to marry or not as they wish. Edited by LeMage

Oh its lightside alright. Once your companion steals the dowry, the old aristocrat won't have any more money (I assume the dowry was monetary stealing 6 cows might be harder) for dowries. Then the cousin won't have to worry about the meddling old coot and they are free to marry or not as they wish.

That's not how that works. Dowry are offered as 'compensation for inconvenience', originally a way of offsetting family power imbalances when marrying. If he's offering a dowry to 'whomever marries his cousin' it's because they're desperate for ANYONE to consider this cousin. Taking the dowry and running is as dickish as you can get.

Edited by Synica

Tricking a noble into marrying one of your followers, taking the dowry and running?

That's not what it says. It says that your companion (who could be C2-N2, M1-4X or someone else nobody could marry) *steals* the items when they are presented. That is, on the soon-to-be-unhappy day, the companion shows up and grabs the items out of the hands of the old aristocrat and/or the would-be spouse ("dowry" implies that the cousin is a woman(1), but whatever) and flees.

I agree that it doesn't make a lot of sense as a light thing, but I suppose that it does mean that the would-be spouse doesn't have to put up with whatever faults it is that the cousin has.

I don't know how many people actually read the missions before sending your crew, but this one doesn't seem right.

https://i.imgur.com/bgF77ba.png

Tricking a noble into marrying one of your followers, taking the dowry and running? Short of killing a few younglings on the way out, I don't see how that could be any more of a darkside choice.

Diplomacy is the only crew skill that has missions that are inherently light or dark by design. What you are seeing is not the result of the mission being classified as "light" but rather your alignment toggle has been set to "light" so therefore every crew skill mission will show up as "light." So long as your alignment is set to "light" every single Treasure Hunting mission on that character will have the light side symbol displayed next to it.

Diplomacy is the only crew skill that has missions that are inherently light or dark by design. What you are seeing is not the result of the mission being classified as "light" but rather your alignment toggle has been set to "light" so therefore every crew skill mission will show up as "light." So long as your alignment is set to "light" every single Treasure Hunting mission on that character will have the light side symbol displayed next to it.

D'oh, yes. (I'll admit that I only just went in to look, and on the first TH character I found, "I Do" was listed as dark because she's a fairly black-hearted maniac who easily qualified to be Darth Nox.)

And in fact *all* crew skill missions show an alignment symbol that reflects the character's current alignment selector, even Diplomacy ones. I emphasised that because Diplomacy missions still give their old-style points, while also giving alignment knob points, even if the two kinds of points are in conflict. You get the dark points *and* the light points, not the difference.