How long until Yuuzhan Vong?

CorellianWannabe

Would make a fun FP or storyline chain.

As long as you keep it vague and mysterious without too much conclusive data gathered, it would work perfectly fine lorewise.

Especially since the Vong are probably on the verge of being banished to 'Legends' status, hahaha.

Edit:

WHAT IS UP WITH ALL THESE PEOPLE NECROING 2 YEAR OLD THREADS TODAY OMG STOP IT stop tricking me into responding :mad:

Edited by SW_display_name

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were just declared not canon along with a good chunk of EU(basically names of planets etc) ..so no,they never belonged in Star Wars anyway,they pushed it with making SWTOR too similar to classic SW anyway.

imo they are still valid.. they just occur in an alternate universe in my mind. similar to how the new star trek movies contain the same characters the storylines are changed now.

Original universe: Movies/Del Ray books (that were announced to be considered canon)

Expanded(alternate) universe: any content that is not part of the original universe

• 2 weeks later...
No to the Vong, they have no place in this storyline and are not seen until thousands of years later. The best to create a third faction would be the Hutt Empire at a push. I don't think we should even go down that way either.

While I think the Vong as a concept is a horrible idea from the get go, what you said isn't exactly true. The Vong were mentioned in KOTOR 1 by Canderous. Or rather, a coral skipper was.

the only way i would like to see this would be a FP, one that perhaps only the imps really find out who they are, that way any record of them being lost makes more scene as it was lost by the defeat of the empire.

I can only see this happening as a flashpoint or a small series of operations. As a flashpoint, you would be a party called upon by your faction to check out a distress call from a ship out in unknown space. Once you get there, you find the ship in chaos. Maybe find some people there with those slave collars. Those slaves would be enemies for a majority of the instance. Toward the end, you come face to face with a vong warrior or two. They would have some resistance to most force abilities, other than lightning and what not (mostly the dots and such).

If it went that route, it was only 1 flashpoint and noone would really even know *** happened lol. With this, you had very limited interaction with the species.

This idea would have to find a way to be "forgotten" somehow.

Maybe once your party came back to known space, you would get a call from the sith council saying there was some kind of evidence left behind somewhere of this small invasion that must be kept from public knowledge, so you must be sent back out again to the general location again and get rid of all evidence of the encounter.

You return to the ship again but find more vong there. They are using this ship as a small base of operations for scouting parties. You go in and have to destroy anthing in your way. There might be some growing coral skippers and other vong....stuff...... around there. You fight off some vong forces while taking this stuff out. At the end of the ship, you take on the leader of the scouting party. Once finished, you set a timer for detonation and get out.

You receive a call from the council again saying good work, if you speak of what you have seen to anyone, we will come after you.

This is based on an imperial standpoint, I have no idea how the republic would be able to cover this up and make sense.