Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sparkly eyes

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lunafox
10.11.2017 , 03:30 PM | #41
I kind of like them. It gives emotion to the character.

https://imgur.com/jfmjBGp

Cuiwe
10.11.2017 , 03:30 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by grania View Post
Not just her, all old ladies, like Darth Ekkage and such
As I already asked, what about Garza?
"I am not in this for politics, nor the wanton destruction, hell not even for credits. I have chosen this way of life because of the hunt and because it was pushed onto me on some ugly slimeball called a "pearl" and Honour bound me to this path ever onwards" Caelestinus

grania
10.11.2017 , 03:47 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
I kind of like them. It gives emotion to the character.

https://imgur.com/jfmjBGp
First of all, that's a very lovely couple Second, I don't mind it myself when I flip the camera and look at it. But it's pretty overwhelming in cutscenes, it looks like 6 or more separate points of light and I find that too much. It completely blots out the white of the eyes in certain scenes and angles.

Plus there might be two different things going on? One is the sparkles, and the other is a sort of see-through effect? I dunno. I don't want to speculate too much and sound like an idiot. But as you can see from the screenshot I posted, Quinn's eyes look icy, like icecubes, or something. (The sparkles are there but I don't mean that.) His eyes look transparent and I think he looks disturbing.

Quote: Originally Posted by Cuiwe View Post
As I already asked, what about Garza?
I dunno, go make a trooper and report back

-'--,--##

##--,--'-

MenollyWanderer
10.11.2017 , 04:01 PM | #44
My sister and I both have two different video cards, both updated and she has an uber gaming screen and we both have the watery eyes sparkles. We play a lot and they were not there before the patch. I am all for lively eyes but these downright glow unnaturally and are the absolute worst in cutscenes. It's like the entire top third of my characters eyeballs are getting laser burned away. Outside cutscenes and panned way back the eyes get totally taken up in the sparkle and my characters stand there eyes glowing in places eyes shouldn't reflect like that.

Lunafox
10.11.2017 , 06:20 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by grania View Post
First of all, that's a very lovely couple Second, I don't mind it myself when I flip the camera and look at it. But it's pretty overwhelming in cutscenes, it looks like 6 or more separate points of light and I find that too much. It completely blots out the white of the eyes in certain scenes and angles.

Plus there might be two different things going on? One is the sparkles, and the other is a sort of see-through effect? I dunno. I don't want to speculate too much and sound like an idiot. But as you can see from the screenshot I posted, Quinn's eyes look icy, like icecubes, or something. (The sparkles are there but I don't mean that.) His eyes look transparent and I think he looks disturbing.

I dunno, go make a trooper and report back
Well, thanks Those sad faces are what happened when they learned they'd be forced apart...and that the devs were going to punish Theron for being too awesome by shaving his hair. *insert my sparkly sad eyes here*

I am also apparently blind, because I missed your screenie the first time through the thread, but I went back and looked and you're right, it looks weird, his eyes look like you can see behind them or something, they're a bit too transparent. I did an Umbara run through with my Sorc earlier just so I could see if the effect was on the cutscenes now and they are, and it is a little much. When I ran the others earlier, (closer to release) they weren't quite so sparkly.

I hope they manage to strike a happy medium. I like more realism and emotion, but I don't want creepiness for anyone either. I'm a little afraid though...ask for a tiny adjustment and they come in with the sledgehammer, kind of like the d vs l timer.

jimmorrisson
10.11.2017 , 06:21 PM | #46
I like them also. Maybe give them to Lightside chars who near or reach Light V or as a cosmetic unlock.

Lunafox
10.11.2017 , 07:23 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by jimmorrisson View Post
I like them also. Maybe give them to Lightside chars who near or reach Light V or as a cosmetic unlock.
Or they could just offer it to both light and dark and make it like an appearance 'ticky box' that we can check or uncheck. My lovely Jedi knight is dark side 5, and I think the glossy eyes would be great for her...but for those that don't like it, let them be able to have normal like before.

La_Clef
10.12.2017 , 05:34 AM | #48
Very annoying shader. I hope it'll be corrected soon. Characters now look like puppets with glass eyes.

Sarova
10.12.2017 , 03:21 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by La_Clef View Post
Very annoying shader. I hope it'll be corrected soon. Characters now look like puppets with glass eyes.
This. I didn't see it as I've been doing FPs and WZs however now I've gone back to levelling alts I see it and it looks awful and a bit creepy. It's also on the start up screen on all my characters except my pureblood sith who I gave reddish coloured eyes.
Urgently Fix the 5.10 Quinn & Koth Issue
6.0: more ♥ Quinn ♥ Aric ♥ Theron ♥ Doc ♥ Koth please
My Rishi
Magical Clicky Link

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
10.12.2017 , 03:48 PM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Cuiwe View Post
From my observations, Purebloods and Red Zabraks don't have that problem. Twi'leks seem to have it. At least mine does.

Also, what was that about Zabrak Skin Color?
Just now realised I said Twi'lek when I meant Togruta xD Always getting those races confused